Aon Hewitt Setup Configuration Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiting website and received an email a few days later requesting I complete a virtual interview. That took about 50 minutes and the questions were very straightforward, pertaining to my education and work experience and my career goals. There were a few questions asking about my technical capabilities with SQL and database software but I didn't have to write any code or anything. About a week later they invited me to a Decision Day at their office with 6 other college candidates interviewing for this job and one other position. There was a PowerPoint presentation on the background of the company and then 30 minute interviews with 3 different employees that dealt with basic behavioral questions. Finally there was a panel discussion with 3 recent hired where we could ask questions about their lives, jobs, and working for Aon Hewitt.

Interview Questions

• He described an issue that one might face in this position (an issue with the computer software that resulted in a customer receiving false information) and asked how I would proceed in fixing it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer 5 days after the interview. They had given me a salary level prior to the decision day but offered me more, an amount they said was the max for the position, so I didn't nevotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to decide.

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

About 2 months after graduation, I was contacted by a recruiter by phone about the Setup Configuration Specialist position. I was given detailed information on the role and an onsite interview was setup. I had 2 people interview me at once. Laid back, casual, reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• An SQL questions relating to joins. I don't recall the exact question. It was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting fair. Got an e-mail a couple weeks later, scheduled an on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions -- All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

There was an initial questionaire to fill out and return via email and shortly after a telephone interview that lasted about an hour. The interview was not very technical it was pretty standard to go over my past work experience and its relevance to the position. About a week later I had my onsite interview which lasted about an hour and a half and was with two people. I got an offer the very next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• You sound like you enjoy what you currently do now, why are you looking to move into another entry-level position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because Glassdoor told me what toe expect and it was spot on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

They came to my University for a recruiting interview. There were two separate interviews discussing the two different positions they were recruiting for (Setup Configuration Specialist and Business Delivery Specialist). This was a round of basic behavioral questions. They just asked about some stuff on my resume and wanted to make sure I had the analytical skills to be successful with the company. They then scheduled an office visit with 5 other candidates. They served us some refreshments at the beginning and had a presentation discussing the company and what they did. This lasted for about 45 minutes and then we had the opportunity to ask some basic questions. They then sent us through 3 different rounds of interviews. One asked more behavioral questions and stuff about my resume. I was asked one technical question. The second round was more of him discussing the company's structure and a more in depth description of what the job entailed. Then there was a round table discussion with me and one other candidate where they actually showed us some examples of what we would be doing once we started. They then gave us lunch and discussed our benefits package. Got a call with an offer within one week. They were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would do a specific action using SQL.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

I was recruited by a head hunter. He promised a certain level of pay and after getting the job it was accurate. He setup the interview date and time. I showed up to the office building, there were 4 other people there. We were then interviewed by 2 people separately. It was mostly situational questions. "How do you deal with an uncooperative team player?", what are your strengths/weaknesses. I then received a call from the recruiter offering me the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with a person not contributing to the team goal or project?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would definitely try to negotiate a salary. It is salary but you still get paid overtime for any time over 40 hrs. Have a number in your head and let the HR person know you want a certain salary and to relay this to the manager. Raises are once per year so plan accordingly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contact by the recruiter. Then I did a brief interview over the phone with the recruiter going over details about by my resume and experience. Next, I had to complete a questionnaire that was emailed to me over general topics such as current salary, experience, etc... Finally, I had to do a panel interview over the phone with 3 managers to get the job. I never had a face to face interview everything was over the phone or by email. The process took a very long time between completing the interview, getting the job offer, and finishing the background check. It took almost 3 months before I actually started. The interview style is behavioral questions, were you have to give examples of how you reacted to high pressure situations or got along with team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time were you had to work under a strict deadline and how did you feel about the pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they offered me the max they had budgeted for that role.

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Usually 2-3 interviews; standard interview screen followed by hiring manager and additional people manager format. Questions are behavioral type questions (standard) in which candidate will need to provide specific examples of their work to answer questions. Answering questions without specific examples may be enough to get entry level position but higher level roles will be more challenging

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a project did not go as expected, what did you do to get the project back on track   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview is completely based on behavioral questions. Preparing for those type of questions is best. My interview was done over the phone and I spoke with four people that I would work under. Basically they write your responses then compare notes to see whether they higher you or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me time you suggest a better way to improve something on a project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2011.

Interview

I started with a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come into the offices where I met with 4 different individuals over the course of 2 hours. I was asked about previous experiences, hardships and of course qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Trying to explain something that was very industry specific in regards to a project I had worked on   Answer Question