Aon Hewitt

Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

About 2 months after graduation, I was contacted by a recruiter by phone about the Setup Configuration Specialist position. I was given detailed information on the role and an onsite interview was setup. I had 2 people interview me at once. Laid back, casual, reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
  • An SQL questions relating to joins. I don't recall the exact question. It was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2014.

Campus recruiting fair. Got an e-mail a couple weeks later, scheduled an on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions -- All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

There was an initial questionaire to fill out and return via email and shortly after a telephone interview that lasted about an hour. The interview was not very technical it was pretty standard to go over my past work experience and its relevance to the position. About a week later I had my onsite interview which lasted about an hour and a half and was with two people. I got an offer the very next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • You sound like you enjoy what you currently do now, why are you looking to move into another entry-level position?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because Glassdoor told me what toe expect and it was spot on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2013.

They came to my University for a recruiting interview. There were two separate interviews discussing the two different positions they were recruiting for (Setup Configuration Specialist and Business Delivery Specialist). This was a round of basic behavioral questions. They just asked about some stuff on my resume and wanted to make sure I had the analytical skills to be successful with the company. They then scheduled an office visit with 5 other candidates. They served us some refreshments at the beginning and had a presentation discussing the company and what they did. This lasted for about 45 minutes and then we had the opportunity to ask some basic questions. They then sent us through 3 different rounds of interviews. One asked more behavioral questions and stuff about my resume. I was asked one technical question. The second round was more of him discussing the company's structure and a more in depth description of what the job entailed. Then there was a round table discussion with me and one other candidate where they actually showed us some examples of what we would be doing once we started. They then gave us lunch and discussed our benefits package. Got a call with an offer within one week. They were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would do a specific action using SQL.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I was recruited by a head hunter. He promised a certain level of pay and after getting the job it was accurate. He setup the interview date and time. I showed up to the office building, there were 4 other people there. We were then interviewed by 2 people separately. It was mostly situational questions. "How do you deal with an uncooperative team player?", what are your strengths/weaknesses. I then received a call from the recruiter offering me the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you deal with a person not contributing to the team goal or project?"   View Answer
    I would definitely try to negotiate a salary. It is salary but you still get paid overtime for any time over 40 hrs. Have a number in your head and let the HR person know you want a certain salary and to relay this to the manager. Raises are once per year so plan accordingly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2013.

I applied online and was contact by the recruiter. Then I did a brief interview over the phone with the recruiter going over details about by my resume and experience. Next, I had to complete a questionnaire that was emailed to me over general topics such as current salary, experience, etc... Finally, I had to do a panel interview over the phone with 3 managers to get the job. I never had a face to face interview everything was over the phone or by email. The process took a very long time between completing the interview, getting the job offer, and finishing the background check. It took almost 3 months before I actually started. The interview style is behavioral questions, were you have to give examples of how you reacted to high pressure situations or got along with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time were you had to work under a strict deadline and how did you feel about the pressure.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation they offered me the max they had budgeted for that role.

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Usually 2-3 interviews; standard interview screen followed by hiring manager and additional people manager format. Questions are behavioral type questions (standard) in which candidate will need to provide specific examples of their work to answer questions. Answering questions without specific examples may be enough to get entry level position but higher level roles will be more challenging

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where a project did not go as expected, what did you do to get the project back on track   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2011.

I started with a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come into the offices where I met with 4 different individuals over the course of 2 hours. I was asked about previous experiences, hardships and of course qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to explain something that was very industry specific in regards to a project I had worked on   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2011.

So I was working over at Hewitt's parent company at Aon when I got a call from an Aon Hewitt recruiter for a config position at Lincolnshire. It took her 2 days to return my call with details and he did not sound serious at all.

Then he emailed me a set of prescreen questions and called me 2 hours later. We then did a phone interview and she pretty much asked everything on the prescreen. He decided to go ahead and bring me on board. I was contacted by another recruiter to set up a panel style interview via conference call at Lincolnshire. They asked me variations of this prescreen. Then I met with the hiring manager in person who told me more about the position. I took a tour of the campus and got the offer in the mail within 2 days. You're going to end up talking with up to 5 different people so keep your emails and get your names right.

Good luck!

Here are the prescreen questions which would help you prepare for the 1:1 interviews:

YOUR NAME:
    ***Please note these questions continue onto page 2

Are you currently working with any other Hewitt Recruiters?

Have you ever interviewed with Hewitt? (If so, when, with who and for what position?)

How did you hear about this opening (what job board was your resume posted to)?

What type of role/position are you currently searching for?

Where are you in your job search? (e.g. Interviewing, applying)

Do you have any job offers that you are considering?

Current Salary (or last salary):

When are you due for an increase?

When was your last increase?

Minimum Salary Requirement:

Ideal Salary Requirement:

Current Bonus (or last bonus)?

When is/was your bonus payout?

How many vacation days do you currently receive?

Are you authorized to work in the US? If so, how are you authorized? (Are you a Citizen, on a Visa, etc.)

Are you able to commit up to 45-50 hours per week?

When are you available to start a new position (how much notice do you need)?

Do you have any pre-planned time off scheduled over the next few months? If so, when?

What is the highest level of education that you completed?

If you are currently enrolled or recently graduated, what is/was your GPA?

Does the Job seeker have a non-compete agreement with current/former employer?

Which of our office locations are commutable for you on a daily basis?

Are yo open to relocation (if you are not near one of our offices currently)?

Do you have any Benefits Administration experience?

If so, how many years/months with Defined Benefits?

If so, how many years with Health and Welfare?

If so, how many years with Defined Contribution?

Have you worked for an outsourcing company (consulting environment) before? If so, how many years/months?

Do you have any certifications? If so, which ones?

Do you have experience developing batch processes?

Do you have any testing experience? If so what type of testing have you done?

Do you have experience with any databases? If so, which ones?

How many years/months do you have programming in SAS?

How many years/months do you have programming in SQL?

How many years/months do you have programming in Visual Basic?

How many years/months do you have experience working with JCL?

How many years/months do you have experience working with DB2?

Do you have experience with the following MS Excel functions? If so, how many years/months? (school experience is relevant)

Macros:
    Pivot Table:
    If/Then statements:

V-lookups:

What other computer skills do you have?

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say difficult but annoying to answer in a short time, unprepared, and over the phone (prescreen phase)

Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult project. How did you get through it and what was the outcome? Walk me through it.

View Answer
    It was more or less take this or leave it. Based on your experience/education, you could play around with a couple grand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2010.

I was initially contacted via email by a recruiter, and was asked to do a preliminary phone interview. I was asked mostly about my experience. The next day I was invited for an interview within the office. This interview was setup in 3 parts, with me interviewing 3 different people, 1 right after the other. The parts consisted of a 1 on 1 behavioral interview, a 1 on 1 experience interview, and a 1 on 1 technical interview (that was mostly behavorial and experience, not much tech). After a few days, I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Relate your experience to the position.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult client.   View Answer
    There was negotiation, they pretty much tell you what you're making. I gleefully accepted, because I was jobless and broke.