Aon Hewitt Setup Configuration Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2011.

I started with a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come into the offices where I met with 4 different individuals over the course of 2 hours. I was asked about previous experiences, hardships and of course qualifications.

Interview Questions
  • Trying to explain something that was very industry specific in regards to a project I had worked on   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2013.

I applied online and was contact by the recruiter. Then I did a brief interview over the phone with the recruiter going over details about by my resume and experience. Next, I had to complete a questionnaire that was emailed to me over general topics such as current salary, experience, etc... Finally, I had to do a panel interview over the phone with 3 managers to get the job. I never had a face to face interview everything was over the phone or by email. The process took a very long time between completing the interview, getting the job offer, and finishing the background check. It took almost 3 months before I actually started. The interview style is behavioral questions, were you have to give examples of how you reacted to high pressure situations or got along with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time were you had to work under a strict deadline and how did you feel about the pressure.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation they offered me the max they had budgeted for that role.

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

About 2 months after graduation, I was contacted by a recruiter by phone about the Setup Configuration Specialist position. I was given detailed information on the role and an onsite interview was setup. I had 2 people interview me at once. Laid back, casual, reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
    • An SQL questions relating to joins. I don't recall the exact question. It was pretty basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2014.

Campus recruiting fair. Got an e-mail a couple weeks later, scheduled an on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions -- All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

There was an initial questionaire to fill out and return via email and shortly after a telephone interview that lasted about an hour. The interview was not very technical it was pretty standard to go over my past work experience and its relevance to the position. About a week later I had my onsite interview which lasted about an hour and a half and was with two people. I got an offer the very next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • You sound like you enjoy what you currently do now, why are you looking to move into another entry-level position?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because Glassdoor told me what toe expect and it was spot on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2013.

They came to my University for a recruiting interview. There were two separate interviews discussing the two different positions they were recruiting for (Setup Configuration Specialist and Business Delivery Specialist). This was a round of basic behavioral questions. They just asked about some stuff on my resume and wanted to make sure I had the analytical skills to be successful with the company. They then scheduled an office visit with 5 other candidates. They served us some refreshments at the beginning and had a presentation discussing the company and what they did. This lasted for about 45 minutes and then we had the opportunity to ask some basic questions. They then sent us through 3 different rounds of interviews. One asked more behavioral questions and stuff about my resume. I was asked one technical question. The second round was more of him discussing the company's structure and a more in depth description of what the job entailed. Then there was a round table discussion with me and one other candidate where they actually showed us some examples of what we would be doing once we started. They then gave us lunch and discussed our benefits package. Got a call with an offer within one week. They were very friendly and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would do a specific action using SQL.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in August 2009.

Found a posting on Monster.com and decided to go for it. I showed up and there were about 20 other people going for I'm not even sure how many jobs (but I believe it was all for this same position). I had two interviews in some plain office rooms, one with a male, one with a female. One was a more behavioral, "tell me about a time", kind of interview, the other more technical (specific SQL question, going over my resume's skill section). I received a phone call 20 minutes after the interview and I had accepted right away. It was my first real job after college. The workplace seemed very nice and this was when it was Hewitt and not Aon Hewitt.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a specific SQL "command" in an example that was given.   Answer Question
    No negotiation since it was my first job and everyone was being hired at the same salary. It was an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

I was recruited by a head hunter. He promised a certain level of pay and after getting the job it was accurate. He setup the interview date and time. I showed up to the office building, there were 4 other people there. We were then interviewed by 2 people separately. It was mostly situational questions. "How do you deal with an uncooperative team player?", what are your strengths/weaknesses. I then received a call from the recruiter offering me the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you deal with a person not contributing to the team goal or project?"   View Answer
    I would definitely try to negotiate a salary. It is salary but you still get paid overtime for any time over 40 hrs. Have a number in your head and let the HR person know you want a certain salary and to relay this to the manager. Raises are once per year so plan accordingly.

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Usually 2-3 interviews; standard interview screen followed by hiring manager and additional people manager format. Questions are behavioral type questions (standard) in which candidate will need to provide specific examples of their work to answer questions. Answering questions without specific examples may be enough to get entry level position but higher level roles will be more challenging

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where a project did not go as expected, what did you do to get the project back on track   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2010.

I was initially contacted via email by a recruiter, and was asked to do a preliminary phone interview. I was asked mostly about my experience. The next day I was invited for an interview within the office. This interview was setup in 3 parts, with me interviewing 3 different people, 1 right after the other. The parts consisted of a 1 on 1 behavioral interview, a 1 on 1 experience interview, and a 1 on 1 technical interview (that was mostly behavorial and experience, not much tech). After a few days, I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Relate your experience to the position.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult client.   View Answer
    There was negotiation, they pretty much tell you what you're making. I gleefully accepted, because I was jobless and broke.

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!