Aon Hewitt

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy application process. Mostly behavioral questions. Decision time was overly long though.

Interview Question – Describe your leadership experience   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2011.

Interview Details – Technical and hr before that group discussion and online analytic exam..thats all...basics is enough to attend

Interview Question – Ask from various languages   Answer Question

Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter on March 8th, Interviewed on March 21st and was in limbo for 8 weeks waiting to hear back about their decision. The process seemed really disorganized and was frustrating. The recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone call. The recruiter called about 20 minutes late, no apologies. After she talked to me she decided that I would be a good candidate for several jobs and wanted to set me up with interviews right away. 3 weeks later, I was scheduled for an interview. The face-to-face interview was with 2 managers and one manager on the phone. The managers were friendly but seemed a little nervous and they asked so many questions that seemed really generic for such a niche job. It was like they wanted details on my skillset but didn't know how to ask the questions or what questions to ask. They stressed that they had to have perfection in the job and would accept nothing less - that put me off a little bit. I don't need that kind of stress. I left the interview feeling confused about whether I wanted to work there. I was asked to follow up with the recruiter after the interview and did. She said the managers said interview went well and that I would be hearing from her soon. She contacted me again in mid-April just to make sure I was still interested. I finally contacted her again on May 30th to see what was going on and she told me she forgot to tell me they had selected another candidate. I thought that was very unprofessional and my perception of the company is that they are poorly organized and I'm not sure if I would give up my job for them.

Interview Question – They kept asking for recent examples of situations in which I had to solve a problem of some sort.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with an HR recruiter. The questions asked were personality type questions. This interview lasted about 30 mintes. The recruiter wasn't too familiar with the job expectations.

The second level interview was a panel interview with 3 current employees. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours. This interview was geared towards job specific questions.

Interview Question – How did you handle working with employees that have a different system understanding than yourself.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Aon is very tight when it comes to Salary negotiations. They only want to give minimal salary increases.

Systems Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was sent a questionairre to complete a few days later. The questionairre asked for basic information and for my technical skills. After that I was called the next day to set up a phone interview. All of the questions for the phone interview are behavioral, but when answering try to stick with technical examples. My onsite interview was set up at the end of my phone interview for later the same week. My interviewers were very calm and easy to talk to. Again all of the questions are behavioral but try to stick with technical examples. After that interview I was offered the position about a week later.

Interview Question – Give a time where you were forced to learn something without much instruction.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was pretty good as it was so I took it. I am not sure if there was much room for negotiation anyways.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aon Hewitt

Worked for Aon Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon Hewitt Systems Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aon Hewitt employees and interview candidates.