Aon Hewitt Systems Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.8

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Interview process wasn't that difficult. You show up with a bunch of other people. You take a simple skills assessment. Then ask you back for a 1:1 interview. However, they don't hire like that anymore. I think a lot has changed.

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

There was one interview by a couple of people on the client that considered hiring me. They ask scenario questions whose purpose is to determine if the applicant has very strong logical, analytical, problem solving thinking skills. This is the most valuable asset as their systems are proprietary. They want to know if the applicant can think well enough to learn quickly, solve problems, and produce results efficiently and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Explain a very hard problem you had and how you solved it. Explain how you came to the solution and why you felt it was the best solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for more than your lowest acceptable salary so that you have wiggle room in negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Prescreening questions post applying then Phone interview with recruiter, and finally Interview with unit manager

It took about three weeks to complete the process. All behavioral questions. Aon uses the STAR method for all interviews. They have also switched to video submissions for round two of interview.

Salary discussion was not needed since the recruiter negotiated it prior to the meeting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

internal email through recruiter for dept. Initial phone screen and some questions, then panel interview in person for about an hour. After that negotiations will done and then the formal offer was submitted. Entire process was about two weeks from start to finish. Most people don't come in directly as Systems Analysts

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on? What projects have you lead?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate on the phone with recruiter. Said I was worth more money and told them the reasons why and they gave me more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was good, concise and detailed. Interview process included a pre-screening with a job recruiter from HR. From there you get an interview with a 2-3 person panel. Can be either phone or in person. Sometimes the interview process is two stages, sometimes one.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where your supervisor was being difficult or wouldn't agree to your solution to an issue. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary, used performance review from previous role, grad degree education and experience speed

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Face to Face Interview, Behavior Quesitons

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult client   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Very easy application process. Mostly behavioral questions. Decision time was overly long though.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

The hiring process started with referral from one of my very close friend. The hiring process was good and well planned and communicted. The interviewed were scheduled well in advance. However, there was a repet of same interview with same questions, once over phone and later over web-cam????

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on March 8th, Interviewed on March 21st and was in limbo for 8 weeks waiting to hear back about their decision. The process seemed really disorganized and was frustrating. The recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone call. The recruiter called about 20 minutes late, no apologies. After she talked to me she decided that I would be a good candidate for several jobs and wanted to set me up with interviews right away. 3 weeks later, I was scheduled for an interview. The face-to-face interview was with 2 managers and one manager on the phone. The managers were friendly but seemed a little nervous and they asked so many questions that seemed really generic for such a niche job. It was like they wanted details on my skillset but didn't know how to ask the questions or what questions to ask. They stressed that they had to have perfection in the job and would accept nothing less - that put me off a little bit. I don't need that kind of stress. I left the interview feeling confused about whether I wanted to work there. I was asked to follow up with the recruiter after the interview and did. She said the managers said interview went well and that I would be hearing from her soon. She contacted me again in mid-April just to make sure I was still interested. I finally contacted her again on May 30th to see what was going on and she told me she forgot to tell me they had selected another candidate. I thought that was very unprofessional and my perception of the company is that they are poorly organized and I'm not sure if I would give up my job for them.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking for recent examples of situations in which I had to solve a problem of some sort.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was with an HR recruiter. The questions asked were personality type questions. This interview lasted about 30 mintes. The recruiter wasn't too familiar with the job expectations.

The second level interview was a panel interview with 3 current employees. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours. This interview was geared towards job specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle working with employees that have a different system understanding than yourself.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Aon is very tight when it comes to Salary negotiations. They only want to give minimal salary increases.