Aon Hewitt

Aon Hewitt Systems Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

There was one interview by a couple of people on the client that considered hiring me. They ask scenario questions whose purpose is to determine if the applicant has very strong logical, analytical, problem solving thinking skills. This is the most valuable asset as their systems are proprietary. They want to know if the applicant can think well enough to learn quickly, solve problems, and produce results efficiently and effectively.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a very hard problem you had and how you solved it. Explain how you came to the solution and why you felt it was the best solution.   Answer Question
Ask for more than your lowest acceptable salary so that you have wiggle room in negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2012.

internal email through recruiter for dept. Initial phone screen and some questions, then panel interview in person for about an hour. After that negotiations will done and then the formal offer was submitted. Entire process was about two weeks from start to finish. Most people don't come in directly as Systems Analysts

Interview Questions
    • What projects have you worked on? What projects have you lead?   Answer Question
    Negotiate on the phone with recruiter. Said I was worth more money and told them the reasons why and they gave me more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in January 2012.

Initial communication was good, concise and detailed. Interview process included a pre-screening with a job recruiter from HR. From there you get an interview with a 2-3 person panel. Can be either phone or in person. Sometimes the interview process is two stages, sometimes one.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where your supervisor was being difficult or wouldn't agree to your solution to an issue. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary, used performance review from previous role, grad degree education and experience speed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2011.

Face to Face Interview, Behavior Quesitons

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult client   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in September 2010.

Very easy application process. Mostly behavioral questions. Decision time was overly long though.

Systems Analyst Interview

The hiring process started with referral from one of my very close friend. The hiring process was good and well planned and communicted. The interviewed were scheduled well in advance. However, there was a repet of same interview with same questions, once over phone and later over web-cam????

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in March 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter on March 8th, Interviewed on March 21st and was in limbo for 8 weeks waiting to hear back about their decision. The process seemed really disorganized and was frustrating. The recruiter contacted me via email and set up a phone call. The recruiter called about 20 minutes late, no apologies. After she talked to me she decided that I would be a good candidate for several jobs and wanted to set me up with interviews right away. 3 weeks later, I was scheduled for an interview. The face-to-face interview was with 2 managers and one manager on the phone. The managers were friendly but seemed a little nervous and they asked so many questions that seemed really generic for such a niche job. It was like they wanted details on my skillset but didn't know how to ask the questions or what questions to ask. They stressed that they had to have perfection in the job and would accept nothing less - that put me off a little bit. I don't need that kind of stress. I left the interview feeling confused about whether I wanted to work there. I was asked to follow up with the recruiter after the interview and did. She said the managers said interview went well and that I would be hearing from her soon. She contacted me again in mid-April just to make sure I was still interested. I finally contacted her again on May 30th to see what was going on and she told me she forgot to tell me they had selected another candidate. I thought that was very unprofessional and my perception of the company is that they are poorly organized and I'm not sure if I would give up my job for them.

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking for recent examples of situations in which I had to solve a problem of some sort.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in February 2012.

Initial interview was with an HR recruiter. The questions asked were personality type questions. This interview lasted about 30 mintes. The recruiter wasn't too familiar with the job expectations.

The second level interview was a panel interview with 3 current employees. This interview lasted about 1.5 hours. This interview was geared towards job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle working with employees that have a different system understanding than yourself.   View Answers (2)
    Aon is very tight when it comes to Salary negotiations. They only want to give minimal salary increases.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in April 2011.

Technical and hr before that group discussion and online analytic exam..thats all...basics is enough to attend

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon Hewitt in June 2010.

I applied online and was sent a questionairre to complete a few days later. The questionairre asked for basic information and for my technical skills. After that I was called the next day to set up a phone interview. All of the questions for the phone interview are behavioral, but when answering try to stick with technical examples. My onsite interview was set up at the end of my phone interview for later the same week. My interviewers were very calm and easy to talk to. Again all of the questions are behavioral but try to stick with technical examples. After that interview I was offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time where you were forced to learn something without much instruction.   Answer Question
    The offer was pretty good as it was so I took it. I am not sure if there was much room for negotiation anyways.