Aon

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions
    • How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Consultant Interview

I had a total of four phone interviews - 2 interviews from principals in the company and 2 other interviews from associates in the company.
    The interview was good, and interviewers were polite. The interviewers asked questions based on the content of my resume and as well as the role i was interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you source for data that will aid in providing solutions to a particular client's business problem?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon.

This was an on campus interview with two actuaries with the company. One was a recent grad who had previously interned with Aon and the other had worked with the company for about 5 years. It was a behavioral interview that was mostly just a conversation. It was a relatively easy-going, comfortable interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • How have you used math skills in a previous job and how has that prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Workforce Delivery Analyst Interview

There was an initial phone screen done by the recruiter. Based on the conversation, an on-site interview was scheduled. At the site, I met with three different people for 30 minutes each were they asked mostly behavioral questions and one or two questions about information listed on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a difficult client who that was very resistant? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Benefits Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in October 2014.

Initial phone interview was about 45 minutes, with the recruiter. Two days later, I received an invitation for a second phone interview with the hiring manager. If selected, the next steps will be an in person interview with the team executive. Both interviews were more like conversations and not drills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you fit in with this group?   View Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in October 2014.

Applied through career services at my college and found out that I would have an on-campus about two weeks after applying, with about one week before the interview took place. The interview was 30 minutes long and entirely behavioral. The interviewer essentially looked through my resume and asked me questions, and I would elaborate and talk about my experiences. The interviewer was extremely friendly and very engaged. The only problem I had with the format of the interview is that it didn't allow me any opportunity to showcase my skills beyond what was on my resume. I'm not sure how the interviewer really was able to differentiate between the best candidates through this interview. As a result, I was not invited for a final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or surprising questions as the interview was entirely behavorial and based off of my resume and experiences   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Very interactive, friendly, with good rapport and to me non-stressful. I connected well with the hiring manager. It quickly appeared that I had everything they were looking to satisfy the job requirements and many extras I had to offer and "bring to the table".

Interview Questions
    • It was a very positive interview with no surprises. I connected very well with the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    Salary was reasonable, I asked for 3 weeks vacation starting in 1st year and got it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Long process, but worth it. Several calls were made, and a couple interviews. Interviewed with several people in one day. Manager that was supposed to interview was called away fro a trip but it worked out.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were expected, especially looking back.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in September 2014.

The Onboarding by HireRight was insanely difficult and laborious. Almost a turnoff to the role and company. They finally had to resort to reviewing my old w-2's to verify I wasn't a liar. I was put off a bit but ultimately, understood.

Interview Questions
    • We essentially have 2 distinct Sourcing roles; which would interest you more given your experiences and diverse industry background?   View Answer
    Yes, somewhat.