Aon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

AUM Human Resources Director - USA, UK, and Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was as follows: I met with the Recruiter, then went to Chicago to meet with the HR hiring manager, then I met with the business line and was offered the position as HR Manager. I was promoted within 2.5 years to Director due to my hard work.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this HR position?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

very laid back but many different people to interview with so that takes a while very nice people

Finance Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through college, then got an email for digital interview, and lastly an in person interview. There looking for someone who is a cultural fit with more of a accounting background.

Interview Questions

• Digital interview asked questions like name a time when you had to work in a group, how you solved a problem. Basic questions   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application and within 24 hours I received an invitation to participate in a digital interview, powered by HireVue. Very simple process, I recorded my answers to pre-set interview questions using my computer and webcam. 5 days later I was invited for an on-site interview 3 weeks after that I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe typical Work day calendar? How do you manage it? Daily goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter asked what was my range and they exceeded what I asked for.

Broker -Aon Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Video interview that is recorded and then submitted.questions asked on a recorded a screen and then reviewed by someone. Then a 1-1 interview, but that never happened. Without a one on one real person interview, you really don't get a chance to represent yourself. This video interview program is not fair.

Interview Questions

• My experience and also how I would handle a specific situation.   1 Answer

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to do a video-interview at my leisure. I registered with a link they sent and had the opportunity to practice before actually answering the questions. Process took about 2 hours with prep, combination of speaking into my video camera and typing "essay"-style answers. Next step was a phone interview, duration approx. 1 hour. Spoke with 2 individuals from the team that I would be working with. I was not brought on-site and received an offer over the phone. Overall straightforward, steam-lined style with no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed instructional leadership with direct reports   Answer Question

Business Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume, was contacted by recruiter to set up a 30 minute interview and then met with recruiter where she asked questions related to behavior. Did not talk about position itself much or anything personal about myself. Only questions about situations in the past related to experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, describe a situation where this or that happened   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
      Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
      Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
      There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process included a webcam interview. It was not a live interview in that my responses to questions were recorded. Next, I went in for an interview at their location. I was interviewed for an hour total by two separate interviewers. Each interview took a half and hour to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particularly difficult customer?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a very intimidating panel interview. There were seven original panel members and then they rotated out. The panel interview process took about 2 hours. Once you succeed with the panel interview, then you are asked back for a one on one interview.