Aon Interview Questions

2.8

Business Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon in March 2015.

Submitted Resume, was contacted by recruiter to set up a 30 minute interview and then met with recruiter where she asked questions related to behavior. Did not talk about position itself much or anything personal about myself. Only questions about situations in the past related to experience.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, describe a situation where this or that happened   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
      Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
      Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
      There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.

Answer Question

Corporate Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in February 2015.

Initial meetings were via phone and video conference. As things progressed, meetings were in-person. Most interviewers seemed to have a personal interest in the success of the company and are seeking that of the interviewee. Questions were, generally, insightful and behavior-oriented. As a whole, the process seems to be a middle of the road in terms of "toughness" and formality (e.g. no group/panels, no testing, no case studies, etc.). Duration of the process has been lengthy and, logistically, bumpy. There are some small things they could do, in the process, to make the candidate feel a bit more special and a bit more interested and engaged in the company, which would be in alignment with how the executives represented themselves in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this position   View Answer

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in February 2015.

Had to complete a 10-question video interview (5 essay questions, 5 video) within 48 hours of receipt. Then had four 30-minute phone interviews. Was told by interviewers that I would hear back anytime between one week and one month; I heard back in about four days and was offered a different role.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you helped a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a process suggestion to your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've lost face with a client and had to rebuild their confidence.   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for training?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, as offer seemed fair to me.

Account Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Customer Servicerep Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aon.

I sent my resume in and received an email 2weeks later asking me to do an on line interview. It was all behavioral questions. Two days later I received an email thanking me for doing the interviewand due to the high applicant volume it would take a few weeks for them to get back to me. That was on 12/5/14. Still waiting.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions
    • How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Consultant Interview

I had a total of four phone interviews - 2 interviews from principals in the company and 2 other interviews from associates in the company.
    The interview was good, and interviewers were polite. The interviewers asked questions based on the content of my resume and as well as the role i was interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you source for data that will aid in providing solutions to a particular client's business problem?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon.

This was an on campus interview with two actuaries with the company. One was a recent grad who had previously interned with Aon and the other had worked with the company for about 5 years. It was a behavioral interview that was mostly just a conversation. It was a relatively easy-going, comfortable interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • How have you used math skills in a previous job and how has that prepared you for this position?   Answer Question