Aon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.8

Business Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aon (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume, was contacted by recruiter to set up a 30 minute interview and then met with recruiter where she asked questions related to behavior. Did not talk about position itself much or anything personal about myself. Only questions about situations in the past related to experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, describe a situation where this or that happened   Answer Question

Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to do a video-interview at my leisure. I registered with a link they sent and had the opportunity to practice before actually answering the questions. Process took about 2 hours with prep, combination of speaking into my video camera and typing "essay"-style answers. Next step was a phone interview, duration approx. 1 hour. Spoke with 2 individuals from the team that I would be working with. I was not brought on-site and received an offer over the phone. Overall straightforward, steam-lined style with no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed instructional leadership with direct reports   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Got an initial e-mail to request a phone interview. The phone interview was short, asked a few basic questions about resume but was mostly to describe the company and position. The next interview was at the office. It was 5 rounds (about a half hour each) with 2 people. I was put in a room with 4 other people who were also interviewing for the same position so it was a little weird, but the interviews were pretty straightforward with basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions.
      Tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
      Fairly decent amount of group questions, such as a time when your group worked well together, when you didn't work well together, when some didn't put as much effort in, etc.
      Talk about a time when you bargained something, what would you have done differently?
      Be prepared to talk through your resume as well.
      There were no real technical questions besides asking what familiarity I had with some Microsoft Office programs and statistic programs.

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The first part of the process included a webcam interview. It was not a live interview in that my responses to questions were recorded. Next, I went in for an interview at their location. I was interviewed for an hour total by two separate interviewers. Each interview took a half and hour to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a particularly difficult customer?   Answer Question

Corporate Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial meetings were via phone and video conference. As things progressed, meetings were in-person. Most interviewers seemed to have a personal interest in the success of the company and are seeking that of the interviewee. Questions were, generally, insightful and behavior-oriented. As a whole, the process seems to be a middle of the road in terms of "toughness" and formality (e.g. no group/panels, no testing, no case studies, etc.). Duration of the process has been lengthy and, logistically, bumpy. There are some small things they could do, in the process, to make the candidate feel a bit more special and a bit more interested and engaged in the company, which would be in alignment with how the executives represented themselves in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position   1 Answer

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to complete a 10-question video interview (5 essay questions, 5 video) within 48 hours of receipt. Then had four 30-minute phone interviews. Was told by interviewers that I would hear back anytime between one week and one month; I heard back in about four days and was offered a different role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you made a process suggestion to your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you've lost face with a client and had to rebuild their confidence.   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for training?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as offer seemed fair to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I had a digital interview and was moved to 4 in person interviews. I heard back after that in 2 weeks

Customer Servicerep Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I sent my resume in and received an email 2weeks later asking me to do an on line interview. It was all behavioral questions. Two days later I received an email thanking me for doing the interviewand due to the high applicant volume it would take a few weeks for them to get back to me. That was on 12/5/14. Still waiting.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions

• How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question