Aon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Easygoing and conversational. Went over work experience and academic coursework. Required excel knowledge proficiency. Had to demonstrate interest in in the insurance industry. Asked about leadership positions held. Human resources employees are very helpful and eager to clarify questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon in August 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board. 1st round was a digital interview online. The 2nd step was a pretty lengthy in person interview that included meeting with current employees and managers, a case study and a panel. Mostly explained my past experience and everyone reinforced the rotational program aspect. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and really make yourself stand out. There were other candidates interviewing that day and we all sat on the same panel at the end. Be honest!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Aon?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with excel?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the rotational program?   1 Answer

Pension Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I received an email regarding a phone screening. Then after that a few days later I got called for a panel interview. It consisted of 4 people and it was 2 hours long. It was not as intimidating as I thought it would be.

Senior UNIX Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Smart people, long interview process. Three rounds of interview. Two phone screening ( Recruiter and Techinical) followed by 3 hour personal interview. Technical interview was difficult. Very specific questions related to past experience and how to trouble shoot performance isssues

Interview Questions

• Previous job and focused more on experience. Customer friendliness and focus related questions.   Answer Question

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Began with 15-20 minute phone screen with a recruiter that stays with you throughout the interview process, then an hour long-interview in-office, and two consecutive phone interviews after that. Very straightforward and simple questions, all interviewers were extremely kind and light-hearted. It seemed like if you made a good first-impression on your recruiter, that impression would be relayed and have a major impact throughout the rest of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would you say inspires you? How do you inspire others?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was as follows: I met with the Recruiter, then went to Chicago to meet with the HR hiring manager, then I met with the business line and was offered the position as HR Manager. I was promoted within 2.5 years to Director due to my hard work.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this HR position?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL).

Interview

very laid back but many different people to interview with so that takes a while very nice people

Finance Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through college, then got an email for digital interview, and lastly an in person interview. There looking for someone who is a cultural fit with more of a accounting background.

Interview Questions

• Digital interview asked questions like name a time when you had to work in a group, how you solved a problem. Basic questions   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online and submitted my resume. I received a call the next day from Aon recruiter. Very friendly guy, talked to me about my background, salary expectations etc. He was very transparent and walked me through the entire process. A follow up phone call was scheduled. My peer who talked to me was a rocking guy. The conversation was very casual and friendly. After the phone call, I was called in to a personal interview round. Talked to 3 people in the leadership roles including my would be manager. All were super nice, friendly and even took the time to talk to me about Aon and Benfield. I was sold right there. Post interview, decision took almost 4 weeks to come. They had to raise the role to a different level to meet my expectations that needed approvals from the top. The recruiter was accessible all along and kept me posted of the status even if he didnt have anything new.

Interview Questions

• I dont recall anything that was extraordinarily tricky. Review your past experiences and keep some interesting stories in your back pocket. You might need them to answer some of the questions where they will probe you on how you solved a specific problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application and within 24 hours I received an invitation to participate in a digital interview, powered by HireVue. Very simple process, I recorded my answers to pre-set interview questions using my computer and webcam. 5 days later I was invited for an on-site interview 3 weeks after that I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe typical Work day calendar? How do you manage it? Daily goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter asked what was my range and they exceeded what I asked for.