Aon

84 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Graduate Actuarial Trainee Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in October 2012.

Interview Details – First to enter an online application with a CV and a cover letter. If successful, then you would be invited to an online Situational Judgment Test (SJT) that should take around 45 minutes. Then there will also be a first-round, second-round interview and as assessment centre based in London.

Interview Question – IQ question.
There are 25 horses and you want to find the fastest 3. Given that you can only put 5 of them in each race, what is the minimum number of races that you need?
  View Answer

J2EE Developer Interview

Glenview, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aon in August 2011.

Interview Details – Expect a lot of java/j2ee technical questions in a 1-hour phone interview. Also Spring and Junit. Unexpected questions about Agile methodology also. Evidently a show stopper. Question about how to send data to a JUnit test.

Interview Questions

Strategy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Aon in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed as an internal transfer, but still had to answer lots of case studies.

Interview Question – They asked case study questions like from an MBA class. Questions were not related to Insurance, which seemed silly.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Broker
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – Met with 4 senior employees in department

Interview Question – Why Aon over competitors?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Hatboro, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview Details – The process was extremely professional. I was screened by a thorough human resource executive and then scheduled for an interview a week later. The interviews were one-on-one and a series of behavioral questions were asked. Can you tell me about a time when you handled this particular type of situation?

Interview Question – Can you walk me through an example from start to finish?   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Broker

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in November 2011.

Interview Details – Telephone interviews with HR, group interviews with regional VP's from 2 departments, Interview with national VP

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – The hiring process rolls fairly quick as far as the interviews go. However, the background checks are very detailed and might take much longer for the actual start date to happen. Their is a written test with a technical set of questions testing SQL and Web skills.
The office itself is in a very secure building, with wide cubicles and friendly people. The culture their is very welcoming.

Interview Question – Whiteboard the technical design of the project I had worked on last.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a couple people. The on-site interview consisted of lunch, and four half-hour sessions when I interviewed with two-people-at-a-time. They gave me some logic tests to solve and asked me a bunch of questions similar to "tell me about a difficult situation you've had with a coworker and how you sent about solving it."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you've failed at something and how you went about eventually succeeding.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a difficult situation you've faced with a coworker and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was for an entry level position, so I didn't do much negotiating. I did have another job offer in hand though, they asked me about it, and decided to match it.

Account Specialist Interview

Account Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in November 2011.

Interview Details – Did a phone screen

Got a call back a week later to meet with RMD, SVP, VP, AVP and ASII all in one day. Individual interviews. It was supposed to be behavioral based but Interviewers gave me the ability to lead the interview.

Interview Question – Freeflow interview, pretty much was able to dictate how the interview went. Being proactive and asking alot of questions and talking about experience didnt give the interviewers much time to ask questions- They were interested in the conversation so they never had to resort back to the behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I interviewed at Aon in November 2009.

Interview Details – I remember I was in the front office entrance at the Arlington Heights campus on a Sat morning. I was expecting 3 or 4 more candidates but was shocked at how many actually were there, probably more than 10. It was early in the morning, 8am. It seemed odd, but no one even greeted us at the front desk to check in. Phone was ringing, no one came to answer. 45 minutes later, we all finally start the interview process.

I was interviewed by 2 people, who seemed like this was their first interview, and later I found out that it was. AON at that time decided to use there own office personnel to do interviews but it was obvious they were unprepared. They kept fidgeting with their cheat sheets and behavioural interview questions. I thought someone from HR would do the interview or the actual hiring manager, I think it would have made more sense, in my opinion.

After about 10 long minutes, I just had no idea where this was heading. So I kind of took over the conversation and started talking to both of them in narrative form about my skills and qualifications. Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but after I finished, it seemed to make everyone more comfortable and the conversation became more easy and relaxed.

In the end, I found out that both actually liked me for the position but one was not 100% sure, so I was told that both needed to be 100% sure, hence I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – Was there a time when you had to motivate someone to accomplish a team goal and what steps did you take to help achieve it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aon

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon interview questions and advice. All 84 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aon employees and interview candidates.