Aon

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.8

Process Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aon.

I was referred by a friend and was able to meet with the recruitment specialist in a week. Apparently the assistant was supposed to e-mail me an interview prep package but I never received it or knew about it. The interview were mainly behavioural based questions but they weren't anything out of the ordinary. The recruitment specialist said that I should hear back a week later and if I didn't I could follow up. He also mentioned that the hiring manager was also interviewing people. Anyways, a week passes and I don't hear back from them. I follow up and he said interviews are still going on so I should follow up in a week. I followed up and didn't hear back until two days later that the hiring manager chose someone else.

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Aon in February 2014.

First had a phone interview, was then invited for an on site interview. The onsite interview was very delayed and got rescheduled twice. It probably occurred 6 weeks after the initial phone interview. They did not offer to pay for travel expenses.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard interview. Was there from 9 am to around 11:30/Noon. Met with about 5 people from the Modeling team who asked behavioral questions, why I want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in February 2014.

It was very straightforward. There were no trick questions. They wanted to get to know me on a personal level and explain to me how their business works. They did most of the talking because they wanted me to realize what kind of business I was getting myself into, since it was one that I did not know much about.

Interview Questions
    • What about the risk advisory/insurance business interests you?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in April 2014.

I was referred by an internal employee. had a short phone interview with hr. had an interview with the department manager. it was overall a pleasant experience. do research on the department and company.

salary was negotiable

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

The first step in the process was a phone interview with a member of the HR Department. This consisted primarily of giving a more detailed description of all the relevant pieces of my resume. It lasted maybe a half hour and at the end the possible next steps were discussed.

About 2 weeks later I was informed that they wanted to have an in person interview and then about week after that we scheduled a time. The interview itself was a round robin interview meeting with 5 sets of people. Some were just meeting with one person at a time while others had groups of 2 or 3. All of the people who spoke to me were members of the team that was hiring. Each person had questions they thought of, as well as a sheet provided to them by the company

Interview Questions
    • How many flights go in and out of Laguardia airport everyday?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Aon.

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Consultant Interview

I had a total of four phone interviews - 2 interviews from principals in the company and 2 other interviews from associates in the company.
    The interview was good, and interviewers were polite. The interviewers asked questions based on the content of my resume and as well as the role i was interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you source for data that will aid in providing solutions to a particular client's business problem?   Answer Question

Benefits Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in October 2014.

Initial phone interview was about 45 minutes, with the recruiter. Two days later, I received an invitation for a second phone interview with the hiring manager. If selected, the next steps will be an in person interview with the team executive. Both interviews were more like conversations and not drills.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel you fit in with this group?   View Answer

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aon.

This was an on campus interview with two actuaries with the company. One was a recent grad who had previously interned with Aon and the other had worked with the company for about 5 years. It was a behavioral interview that was mostly just a conversation. It was a relatively easy-going, comfortable interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • How have you used math skills in a previous job and how has that prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in September 2014.

The Onboarding by HireRight was insanely difficult and laborious. Almost a turnoff to the role and company. They finally had to resort to reviewing my old w-2's to verify I wasn't a liar. I was put off a bit but ultimately, understood.

Interview Questions
    • We essentially have 2 distinct Sourcing roles; which would interest you more given your experiences and diverse industry background?   View Answer
    Yes, somewhat.