Aon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Consultant Interview

The Interview and Hiring Process went very smoothly. Met with both a manager and assistant manager. There were no trick questions by either managers, as they were just trying to get a feel for my level of experience and my personality. Both interviewers put me at ease and were very easy to talk to during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No "trick" questions or unexpected questions were asked during the interview.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in May 2012.

Took over a month - I had to meet with several people. Some of them were ok and just checking the boxes one guy was a real weirdo and tries to stump you.

They offered me and I was able to negotiate higher salary, bonus and time off.

Broker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in March 2012.

Very dysfunctional. The worst part about the process was having one guy ask some off the wall questions. What type of animal would you be? What superpower would you ask for?

Interview Questions
    • What type of animal would you be if you could change in to an animal.   Answer Question

Account Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aon in January 2014.

Great experience informal and formal. you discuss just about everything in your personnel world and then you go into another interview with a background drill down. It is a great environment to walk into.

Interview Questions
    • They have an informal conversation with you then send you to the manager and have a drill down of your background.   Answer Question
    Easy, but they offered a fair salary.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

First was a phone interview with one manager then an face to face interview with two managers followed by another phone interview with two other managers.
    Tell us about your greatest weakness?
    Tell us why we should bring you on board?

Interview Questions
    • If we hire you, what would you bring to the organization that next person will not?   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate an extra $5,000 per year in salary.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Aon in July 2012.

3 interviews by 3 different middle level managers. Focus on past production and proof of production. No testing or background. Hiring based on past production and past reputation

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to unpredictable. Hardest question was reason for leaving.   View Answer
    back and forth twice. I pretty much got what I wanted.

Account Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

It was a long time ago, and honestly I can't remember anything difficult about it.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember, but it wasn't a tough interview. You need decent excel/word and an analytical mind and you should be ok.   Answer Question
    I negotiated up by a few thousand annually.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon.

Laid back interview, easy people to connect with

Document and Presentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in April 2014.

Recruiting arm of the company called me to discuss salary requirements and skills required for the job. We discussed the requirements and a brief rundown of what was expected. First and Second interview were quickly after that. But then I didn't hear from them. Upon contacting the recruiter 3 weeks after my 2nd interview (twice) I was told they hadn't made a decision yet. It has now been 2 weeks SINCE that email and still no word. I'm assuming they went with a different candidate, which is fine, but I'm bothered by the lack of follow up from the recruiting arm. I thought everyone at the company I met with (about 8 people) were lovely and friendly, and the job seemed interesting and challenging, but I dissatisfied with the lack of communication from the Recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were actually pretty straight forward, but given the nature of the job, the interviewing manager did give a small text to be sure you could handle what the job would entail (Use of MS Word), without too much hassle; and so that you'd understand the job fully. I thought this was a really good idea, and enjoyed doing it.   Answer Question

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Aon.

There was a 15 minute phone screening that asked about my academic background and interest in the position, no contact for ~3 weeks followed by an invitation to go on site. There were 5 on site interviews, technical, case study, HR, and two more traditional behavioral. Most interviews were conducted by a team of two employees. The offer was extended the following week

Interview Questions
    • Defining catastrophes and estimating damage (similar to case study)   Answer Question