Aon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Very interactive, friendly, with good rapport and to me non-stressful. I connected well with the hiring manager. It quickly appeared that I had everything they were looking to satisfy the job requirements and many extras I had to offer and "bring to the table".

Interview Questions

• It was a very positive interview with no surprises. I connected very well with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was reasonable, I asked for 3 weeks vacation starting in 1st year and got it.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Long process, but worth it. Several calls were made, and a couple interviews. Interviewed with several people in one day. Manager that was supposed to interview was called away fro a trip but it worked out.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected, especially looking back.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Little Rock, AR) in September 2014.

Interview

The Onboarding by HireRight was insanely difficult and laborious. Almost a turnoff to the role and company. They finally had to resort to reviewing my old w-2's to verify I wasn't a liar. I was put off a bit but ultimately, understood.

Interview Questions

• We essentially have 2 distinct Sourcing roles; which would interest you more given your experiences and diverse industry background?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, somewhat.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Quick and simple process. I met with HR on the first round after a brief phone interview, and then second round of interview was a casual meeting with the CFO, which was not an actual interview. I was then offered the job, which I accepted.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon in August 2014.

Interview

If you are somewhat smart or talented, do not apply for this company, they are just crap. HR is the most unprofessional and low intelligent people I've ever dealt with. I was interviewing for a consultant position, had phone screen, in person and intelligence test. Did well on all of them, and then after I received the offer, the salary they gave me is less than what I was paid 3 years ago. So, they didn't even screen me for salary requirements, went through all this process only to find out they couldn't compensate. HR was even embarrassed when they realized they didn't screen. Normally HR is a reflection of the overall firm. When HR is this bad, you can make judgement on the quality of overall firm.

Interview Questions

HR is unprofessional and low intelligent. Extremely poor reflection of overall comapny

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

Standard panel interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with a difficult co-worker/situation.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter at their HR department a few days later. Upon speaking with this person, I was asked the basic/average interview/screening type of questions. After the 15 minute conversation, she stated that she would recommend me to the hiring manager at the office. A few days later, I received another email from someone different in HR to set up an interview day/time with the hiring managers. The day they scheduled was about 2-3 days out, and from my understanding, there were other candidates interviewing the same day with other "assessors".

Interview Questions

• The questions were as expected- nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee at AON and applied for the position - got the digital interview request within 48 hrs. After completing it instantly got an email invite and a ph call by the recruiter for a personal interview next week. Was interviewed by 2 individuals -first was just basic lifestyle questions, the second was more detailed about job.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell me something/anything in this room Explain to me a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker/or client and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was what I was looking for.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

Had the initial phone screen with the recruiter and then six follow-up conversations. The first three were via telephone with various members of the leadership team, the next two were in person: one with another member of the leadership team and the second was with the national leader (with whom I'd spoken on the phone previously). Following that meeting they scheduled a case study. Prior to the case study, the feedback had been glowing. The case study (I had the pretend I worked for Aon and was meeting with a new prospective client who was represented by five members of the team I'd be joining, mostly sr. leaders I'd spoken with during previously interviews) did not go well as I do not have any prior sales experience and no exposure to conducting a meeting of this nature. The team closed the call with a promise for a follow-up the next week. I waited until the end of the week before I followed up with the recruiter who ignored my e-mail. I waited another two weeks and follow-ed up again with no response. While I certainly understand that Aon has the right to select/deselect candidates as they see fit, it's really inappropriate to spend 8 hours on interviewing someone and then not even send so much as an e-mail to say they have not been selected. Overall my interaction with the recriter and interviewers prior to the case study had been good - everyone seemed friendly and nice, the recruiter handed me off to a coordinator to do most of the scheduling and was fairly hands-off. But the experience post case study of complete silence was a really poor candidate experience and makes me wonder if they employee experience isn't similar. I will not pursue candidacy with this company again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to act in a sales lead capacity during my case study despite the fact that I'd been very clear that I had no sales lead experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online through my university career website, and the recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. I spoke with an analyst who was a recent graduate, and the interview was fairly standard with typical behavioral questions. A week later, I was invited to the Superday at the office. I had four interviews with principals from both the New York and Chicago offices. There were two case interviews and the others were behavioral. I was also asked a mini case question and given plenty of time to ask questions. All interviewers were easy-going and gave hints during the case questions.

Interview Questions

Received another offer with a higher salary.