Aon Interview Questions

2.8

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jericho, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jericho, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Typical 5-question behavioral interview with an additional segment that was unstructured.

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan on furthering your education?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Was told "take it or leave it"

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Aon.

I was hired through Aon's business internship. I obtained my interview for the internship through my university's career fair. I actually did my first interview on the spot; the recruiter I was talking with gave me a ticket for Aon's interview booth, where I had to record and submit a webcam interview. About a month later, I received an email invitation from Aon for a campus visit. The campus visit included a company presentation during lunch and then two interviews, each conducted by a different employee. I received my offer for the internship about a month after the campus visit. As for my current job offer, I received it through a phone call after a month out of the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had difficulty with a colleague.   Answer Question

Accounting and Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in November 2013.

Quick turnaround time. Phone interview was more of a description of the company rather than a screening.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Nothing too specific. I have a greater background other than accounting, which probably turned them away.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Aon.

I was told what department staff I would be meeting with and how long each interview would take prior to the interviews, which was helpful. I met with individuals from Human Resources and the department that the assistant would work for. I was asked about my skills, work experience and education. I was provided information on the open position, company values and benefits, and training process. I asked them a lot of questions, and they asked me a lot of questions. It was a very professional, informative process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself with the company five years from now, and ten years from now? It made me think of long-term growth potential for myself and the company's.   View Answer

Broker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

My first interview was with an Executive from AON, we spent 3 hours together and the interview was conversational. Two weeks later, I was brought back in to meet with another Executive for 30 minutes and then 3 would be colleagues for 30 minutes each. Some of the questions included: why do you want to work at AON?, Why do you want to leave your current position?, What has been the most challenging aspect of your current position? What would you say is your greatest strength (industry related)? 1 week later I met with a Senior Executive for 1 hour and am now waiting for the next step. Everyone was very kind and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: What do you think is the best way to measure customer satisfaction (based on a Berkely study)?   View Answer
    This will be the next step for me but I am anticipating an offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

I got a first round interview with Aon from campus recruiting both my Junior year and Senior year, but I didnt get to the second round for either of them. I went to the info session Aon held on our campus, talked to the company representatives, and they gave me an interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult during the interview, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

CSU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

To long ago it has changed to a
    Process of behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • What kind of mistakes have you made and how did you fix them   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon in September 2012.

I submitted my resume directly through the Aon website. I was contacted by an internal recruiter that thought I may be a good fit. She discussed the position with me, asked if I was still interested, and then set up my first face-to-face interview. I met with the person that would be my supervisor. With their approval, I then met with the person above my supervisor for the final interview. Within a day, I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult... all very generic and expected.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. In my last interview, they asked for salary expectations. My expectations were met, so I did not negotiate.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in December 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very pleasant, I was given the impression I would be walking into the perfect job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, 10 yrs.   View Answer
    I was promised to be able to work one day from home, a mentor program, additional education. After a few months on the job the working from home was revoked, the mentor program was unsuccessful (not from lack of trying), and I was denied additional education. I was able to negotiate 3 weeks vacation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview was through a person who would actually work under me. It was two weeks before I met the actual manager. To be honest, I did not mind this, since I'm an independent worker.

Simple and laidback