Aon Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.8

Accounting and Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in November 2013.

Quick turnaround time. Phone interview was more of a description of the company rather than a screening.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. Nothing too specific. I have a greater background other than accounting, which probably turned them away.   Answer Question

Accounting & Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in November 2013.

After applying via school's career site, I was asked for a phone interview. The phone interview was more of the recruiter talking and less of asking questions. I was then asked to come in for a 2.5hr behavioral interview with four managing directors. A few weeks passed and I didn't hear back. It turns out the recruiter was let go, so I fell through the cracks.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aon in October 2013.

I got a first round interview with Aon from campus recruiting both my Junior year and Senior year, but I didnt get to the second round for either of them. I went to the info session Aon held on our campus, talked to the company representatives, and they gave me an interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult during the interview, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in October 2013.

My first interview was with an Executive from AON, we spent 3 hours together and the interview was conversational. Two weeks later, I was brought back in to meet with another Executive for 30 minutes and then 3 would be colleagues for 30 minutes each. Some of the questions included: why do you want to work at AON?, Why do you want to leave your current position?, What has been the most challenging aspect of your current position? What would you say is your greatest strength (industry related)? 1 week later I met with a Senior Executive for 1 hour and am now waiting for the next step. Everyone was very kind and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: What do you think is the best way to measure customer satisfaction (based on a Berkely study)?   View Answer
    This will be the next step for me but I am anticipating an offer.

Policy Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

I was contacted after submitting a resume on their website. It took about two weeks for HR to contact me and set up an interview with the local branch. I had an interview about a week after contact. I was interviewed by two managers for the same position in different departments. They asked standard questions from most interviews. It took about a week for HR to call me back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I liked to do outside of work.   View Answer
    I found the offer to be fair and did not need to negotiate on salary or start date. I was sent an offer letter by email and on boarding package to fill out and review. I started work within two weeks of the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon.

Met with HR and 3 separate interviews with managers before offer

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions getting at experience and how past experience would apply to the job. Behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aon in July 2013.

The interview process for my particular team was very laid back and personable. Had to go through a 30 minute initial phone screening after applying online through the company website. 2nd round with the Hiring manager was pleasant and focused more on getting to know me and what I was all about rather than asking me technical or behavioral questions. Final round interview was with two other members of the finance team and was more focused on behavioral questions and explaining past experiences and how they would pertain to the job.

Overall the process took about a month, and I accepted their offer about a week after the final round interview

Interview Questions
    could have gone back and forth for a few thousand here and there but the initial offer was decent.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatboro, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatboro, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aon in June 2013.

The process was extremely professional. I was screened by a thorough human resource executive and then scheduled for an interview a week later. The interviews were one-on-one and a series of behavioral questions were asked. Can you tell me about a time when you handled this particular type of situation?

Interview Questions
    • Can you walk me through an example from start to finish?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview was through a person who would actually work under me. It was two weeks before I met the actual manager. To be honest, I did not mind this, since I'm an independent worker.

Simple and laidback

CSU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

To long ago it has changed to a
    Process of behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • What kind of mistakes have you made and how did you fix them   Answer Question