Aon

113 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Broker Interview

Broker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was with an Executive from AON, we spent 3 hours together and the interview was conversational. Two weeks later, I was brought back in to meet with another Executive for 30 minutes and then 3 would be colleagues for 30 minutes each. Some of the questions included: why do you want to work at AON?, Why do you want to leave your current position?, What has been the most challenging aspect of your current position? What would you say is your greatest strength (industry related)? 1 week later I met with a Senior Executive for 1 hour and am now waiting for the next step. Everyone was very kind and professional.

Interview Question – Most difficult question: What do you think is the best way to measure customer satisfaction (based on a Berkely study)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This will be the next step for me but I am anticipating an offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aon in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got a first round interview with Aon from campus recruiting both my Junior year and Senior year, but I didnt get to the second round for either of them. I went to the info session Aon held on our campus, talked to the company representatives, and they gave me an interview within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult during the interview, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

CSU Interview

CSU
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview Details – To long ago it has changed to a
Process of behavioral questions

Interview Question – What kind of mistakes have you made and how did you fix them   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aon in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume directly through the Aon website. I was contacted by an internal recruiter that thought I may be a good fit. She discussed the position with me, asked if I was still interested, and then set up my first face-to-face interview. I met with the person that would be my supervisor. With their approval, I then met with the person above my supervisor for the final interview. Within a day, I was called with an offer.

Interview Question – None of them were difficult... all very generic and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. In my last interview, they asked for salary expectations. My expectations were met, so I did not negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Client Specialist Interview

Client Specialist
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very pleasant, I was given the impression I would be walking into the perfect job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs, 10 yrs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was promised to be able to work one day from home, a mentor program, additional education. After a few months on the job the working from home was revoked, the mentor program was unsuccessful (not from lack of trying), and I was denied additional education. I was able to negotiate 3 weeks vacation.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
North Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was through a person who would actually work under me. It was two weeks before I met the actual manager. To be honest, I did not mind this, since I'm an independent worker.

Interview Question – Are you married?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and laidback

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon in February 2010.

Interview Details – One phone interview and one in person interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – Easiest interview I have had, very laid back and a few behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-existent, was for an entry level job and they did not agree to my counter offer so I accepted.

Policy Processor Interview

Policy Processor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – I was contacted after submitting a resume on their website. It took about two weeks for HR to contact me and set up an interview with the local branch. I had an interview about a week after contact. I was interviewed by two managers for the same position in different departments. They asked standard questions from most interviews. It took about a week for HR to call me back with an offer.

Interview Question – I was asked what I liked to do outside of work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I found the offer to be fair and did not need to negotiate on salary or start date. I was sent an offer letter by email and on boarding package to fill out and review. I started work within two weeks of the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Interview Details – Met with HR and 3 separate interviews with managers before offer

Interview Question – Detailed questions getting at experience and how past experience would apply to the job. Behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process for my particular team was very laid back and personable. Had to go through a 30 minute initial phone screening after applying online through the company website. 2nd round with the Hiring manager was pleasant and focused more on getting to know me and what I was all about rather than asking me technical or behavioral questions. Final round interview was with two other members of the finance team and was more focused on behavioral questions and explaining past experiences and how they would pertain to the job.

Overall the process took about a month, and I accepted their offer about a week after the final round interview

Interview Question – what valuation models have you use in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – could have gone back and forth for a few thousand here and there but the initial offer was decent.