Aon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Aon in February 2010.

One phone interview and one in person interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Easiest interview I have had, very laid back and a few behavioral questions   Answer Question
    Non-existent, was for an entry level job and they did not agree to my counter offer so I accepted.

Policy Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

I was contacted after submitting a resume on their website. It took about two weeks for HR to contact me and set up an interview with the local branch. I had an interview about a week after contact. I was interviewed by two managers for the same position in different departments. They asked standard questions from most interviews. It took about a week for HR to call me back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I liked to do outside of work.   View Answer
    I found the offer to be fair and did not need to negotiate on salary or start date. I was sent an offer letter by email and on boarding package to fill out and review. I started work within two weeks of the offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon.

Met with HR and 3 separate interviews with managers before offer

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions getting at experience and how past experience would apply to the job. Behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon in July 2013.

The interview process for my particular team was very laid back and personable. Had to go through a 30 minute initial phone screening after applying online through the company website. 2nd round with the Hiring manager was pleasant and focused more on getting to know me and what I was all about rather than asking me technical or behavioral questions. Final round interview was with two other members of the finance team and was more focused on behavioral questions and explaining past experiences and how they would pertain to the job.

Overall the process took about a month, and I accepted their offer about a week after the final round interview

Interview Questions
    could have gone back and forth for a few thousand here and there but the initial offer was decent.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in March 2010.

Hiring process at Aon Benfield was very quick and determinant. It was a marathon interview structure with six half hour interviews. Senior level employees, as well as entry level employees were chosen to interview. There was a timeframe of approximately one month before the interview when they contacted me for an intial phone interview. Then I was contact within two weeks after my final interviews.

Very straight forward. This was in 2010, when many people were out of jobs. So many people would be happy to be in my position. Compensation, benefits and future prospects were fair for the position so there was not much negotiation.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hatboro, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatboro, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2013.

The process was extremely professional. I was screened by a thorough human resource executive and then scheduled for an interview a week later. The interviews were one-on-one and a series of behavioral questions were asked. Can you tell me about a time when you handled this particular type of situation?

Interview Questions
    • Can you walk me through an example from start to finish?   Answer Question

Early Career Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in March 2013.

After failing to connect during scheduled phone interview, I was finally contacted by an HR rep. Another two weeks went by until I was told BY EMAIL that I was not being brought in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • honestly, nothing. Beaurcratic mess over there at Aon   View Answer

Client Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aon in June 2009.

I previously worked at this employer as my first job in the insurance industry. They were hiring for a client service position which was an internal support role. There was to be no face to face client interaction. I interviewed with 2 different people in one day and then sat with a person currently in the role to understand what his job duties were.

Interview Questions

I ended up taking an offer with another firm.

Business Development Specialist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Aon.

I had to provide a detailed review of how I can bring business to the table. My interview was based on having worked with the executives in charge at another company. I did not have a format interview with Aon's HR department. I submitted a business plan for review.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Aon.

I went through a staffing company. I had to come in for 2 interviews since the person directly managing me wasn't in the office for the first interview. There were 4 people interviewing me in the first interview because they would all be on the team I would be supporting.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all basic questions you expect in an interview.   Answer Question
    I went through a staffing agency, so they did the negotiation for me.