Aon

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aon in February 2011.

Started with a phone screening which was pretty standard. I was then asked to come and interview in their office downtown. The interview was about 5 hours in totally and I met with 8 people in total. All of the interviews were a half hour and all were 1:1 except for one in which two people came in. At the end of the interview the Southern California regional manager came in and explained the goals of the company, culture, etc. It seemed like a great place to work and everyone that interviewed me was extremely nice. However, I was never told that I didn't get the job until I sent an email asking what the deal was. They told me they would get back to me and then just sent me on my way. It would have been nice to get at least a rejection email for spending so much time in their office. I really thought the interview went well but I guess there were a lot of candidates. Overall it was an average experience due to the fact that they never sent a rejection email and kept my hopes up for a long time.

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aon in January 2010.

I first had a phone Interview, It went great. In the next few weeks I got called in for a 1 on 1. It went well but it too a long time for them to get back to me. I dont think they had a HR person in the office so thats probably why it too so long

Interview Questions
    • Typical question - What motivates you, How do you work with others?   View Answer

Had another offer before they got back to me

Desktop Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Aon in April 2008.

It was an unusually friendly interview and they knew exactly what they were looking for. I felt comfortable and I was able to show them my capabilities. It was very pleasant. I talked to the individuals who I would be working with, and they asked me a lot of questions to see if I was good.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate, their offer was more than I anticipated and I didn't want to push it. Not all companies offer pension, but this one did.