Aon Re Global

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Bloomington, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Aon Re Global in March 2014.

Interview Details – I found the position on my college website and also spoke with recrutiers at a career fair. They sent me an e-mail to confirm the interview and scheduled it a month ahead of time. The employees were really friendly but be prepared to be there for almost 4 hours. For me, there were 3 other people interviewing at the same time but do not worry- its not a group interview. What happens is that you have five different interview, each one with 2 or 3 people asking you questions. The questions were almost all behavioral which was pretty difficult.

Interview Question – -an example of when technology broke down and how you handled it
-an example of when you delegated tasks
-an example of when you disagreed and stood up for your beliefs
-example of when you bargained and what was your strategy
-tell me about yourself
-failure and how you handle criticism
-something about customer service
-example of when something went wrong in a project and how you handled it
-what happened if you realized that your data was incorrect and you had a strict deadline
-are you a leader or a follower
-time when you were stressed and handling multiple projects and technique when going through them
-tell me about a time when were was disagreement and how you handled it
-what other companies are you applying for
- how do you stay organized
-what would you have done differently in bargaining, any regrets?
-what would you do differently in customer service situation, any regrets?
-These are just a few examples so be more prepared with examples for every behavioral question you can think of
  Answer Question

Business Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Re Global.

Interview Details – I approached Aon Hewitt at the career fair on campus and expressed my interest in the Business Internship Program they were offering in the summer. I was then contacted about a month later by e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 15 min long and they basically described the opportunities they had to offer and then asked me a few questions to try and find out why I was interested in their company.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult they just asked me to describe my resume which was a little challenging because isn't a resume supposed to speak for itself. Why I chose Aon. What I knew about the company.   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Re Global in February 2010.

Interview Details – First step is a phone interview. Second step is a "marathon" interview day where you have approximately six half hour interviews with both 2-5 year employees and senior level management. My experience was the interviews were fairly laid back and not intimidating. Many questions were more behavioral/work ethics than traditional interview questions.

Interview Question – What made you decide to go into reinsurance brokerage?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Coming into the professional world in 2010, when many people I knew weren't finding jobs, there wasn't much of a negotiation. They provided me with what I felt was a competitive compensation and benefits package, and I took it.

Very Easy Interview

Desktop Publisher Interview

Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aon Re Global in April 2008.

Interview Details – It was an unusually friendly interview and they knew exactly what they were looking for. I felt comfortable and I was able to show them my capabilities. It was very pleasant. I talked to the individuals who I would be working with, and they asked me a lot of questions to see if I was good.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, their offer was more than I anticipated and I didn't want to push it. Not all companies offer pension, but this one did.

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Aon Re Global in February 2008.

Interview Details – Submit my resume online, got phone interview twice. The first one was another position but I was busy during Nov. 2007, So did not get a chance to come to Chicago, Second one was very smooth, Got call on Tue. and Fly on Thur. got offer on Mon.

Interview Question – Discuss an work related material.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is not as good as what I expected. Only got 2.5k more that what initally offered. But the raise at AON is very good after 1 year sevice.

Actuarial Internship Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon Re Global in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied the position online and got the phone interview after two months. The interview took about 30 minutes. The hiring manager just asked the questions based on your resume and cover letter.

Interview Question – What are the largest three reinsurance companies in the world? Are you good at VBA, give an example for it.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aon Re Global in May 2011.

Interview Details – assessment centre, interview with the deaprtment manager

Interview Question – I don't remember   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst
Z├╝rich (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aon Re Global in February 2010.

Interview Details – A pleasant interaction with reasonable questions from the entire panel. At all times, interviewers showed respect and interest even when some of the answers were not the best possible (in hindsight).
The only drawbacks were that the key person (head of the division) said very little and the time to communicate the outcome was unduly long - well over 2 months.

Interview Question – How would you tackle conflicting timelines and priorities between clients and internal requests given that everybody wants their solution delivered "yesterday"?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aon Re Global? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aon Re Global interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Aon Re Global employees and interview candidates.