Aon

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aon in February 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview process was very positive. I had an initial phone interview with three different people that lasted about a half hour. They did not ask any difficult technical questions but rather seemed to be interested in learning more about me other than what was on my resume. I think they were looking for a well rounded employee not just someone who looked good on paper. After the phone interview I was contacted within a few days to go to New York City for an in-office interview. I interviewed with the same three people and again had a very positive experience. They were very nice and accomodating and even reimbursed me for my train fare. I was contacted about a week after that interview with a job offer.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my original salary offer but I was given a relocation bonus.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aon in February 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone screening which was pretty standard. I was then asked to come and interview in their office downtown. The interview was about 5 hours in totally and I met with 8 people in total. All of the interviews were a half hour and all were 1:1 except for one in which two people came in. At the end of the interview the Southern California regional manager came in and explained the goals of the company, culture, etc. It seemed like a great place to work and everyone that interviewed me was extremely nice. However, I was never told that I didn't get the job until I sent an email asking what the deal was. They told me they would get back to me and then just sent me on my way. It would have been nice to get at least a rejection email for spending so much time in their office. I really thought the interview went well but I guess there were a lot of candidates. Overall it was an average experience due to the fact that they never sent a rejection email and kept my hopes up for a long time.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to make an assumption.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Aon in February 2008.

Interview Details – Submit my resume online, got phone interview twice. The first one was another position but I was busy during Nov. 2007, So did not get a chance to come to Chicago, Second one was very smooth, Got call on Tue. and Fly on Thur. got offer on Mon.

Interview Question – Discuss an work related material.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer is not as good as what I expected. Only got 2.5k more that what initally offered. But the raise at AON is very good after 1 year sevice.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!