Apache

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apache in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired out of a college career fair. The process was very quick. The interview was with a senior engineer and a representative from human resources. The initial questions were pretty typical as far as interviews go and were very resume based. The final questions were more specific to where I had previous experience such as "When working with X Company, what is a specific example of when you took the initiative, were innovate, etc.?"

Interview Question – "What is an example of a time whenever you were told you were incorrect and you had to prove yourself, perhaps with someone who was your superior?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the offer amount as it was 1.5 times more than any other offer I received. I did negotiate the date to make a decision as I wanted more time to think about and talk over the offer.

Worked for Apache? Contribute to the Community!