Apache

Relevance Date Difficulty

Drilling Engineer Interview

Drilling Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apache in October 2011.

Interview Details – It started with Apache coming to my university's career fair and having a booth set up. I talked with a recruiter, shared my resume and discussed the different training opportunities at Apache. That evening, I was notified that I'd been selected for an interview slot the following day. The interview was a half an hour long. Following the interview, I was told I would find out within two weeks whether or not I was to be offered a position. A week and a half later, I received an email from HR letting me know that I'd been offered a position and the offer letter explaining the compensation, benefits and outline of the job description was attached. I was given a week to decide whether I would accept the position. I took the full week to think about it and replied that I would accept the position.

Interview Question – I was asked how I saw myself "adding value" to a company with thousands of employees, operating on multiple continents, and what I would do to make my mark.   Answer Question

Geologist I Interview

Geologist I
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apache in August 2012.

Interview Details – Ten consecutive interviews in one morning with senior members of staff

Interview Question – Asking the process by which I do my job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They met me in the middle

Senior Staff Geologist Interview

Senior Staff Geologist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apache.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview was relatively simple once the process started through a headhunter

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apache in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went through two rounds of interviews. First interview was with my direct supervisor, second interview included manager.

Interview Question – Overall pretty easy interview.. Questions were all based off of my resume and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very satisfied with my offer.

IT/AV Program Manager Interview

IT/AV Program Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apache in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter which is the typical process within IT. The process was very expedient for a full time role, I interviewed with my manager on a Friday, met the Director of IT Infrastructure that following Tuesday and met with the VP of IT within two days of that.

Interview Question – There wasn't really anything that I would classify as difficult or unexpected. Everyone I spoke with was personable, intelligent and aware of not just the role but they had a firm grasp on what specifically they were looking for in deliverables. I was impressed with the candor with which everyone conducted themselves and their eagerness to get started.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation.

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Senior Reservoir Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Apache in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very professionally managed, as I was flown in for the process, I met with the hiring manager first to discuss 2 job assignments, 1 was for a standard reserves engineer performing production forecast, economic runs for SEC and the other that was more geared towards identifying corporate impact opportunities. I interviewed with seasoned professionals addressing both jobs and decided upon the latter opportunity.

Interview Question – Standard procedure, talk about experience on the job and how that related to the job description which I was interviewing for. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was pretty straight forward, I made sure that my needs were addressed through the recruiter. Issues like relocation, vacations, benefits left behind. The offer was good.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Apache.

Interview Details – Completely arbitrary. Despite having more relevant work experience and coursework, I was passed over for a male. Very chauvinistic company, as confirmed by the career placement and upper level administrators at my university.

Interview Question – No real difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apache.

Interview Details – Two round interview. First a telephone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the call he invited me into the office for the final round. The final round consisted of 4 different interviews with managers from the department as well as an HR interview. Mostly behavioral questions with a few questions about the industry.

Interview Question – What do you expect the price of oil to do in the next year?   Answer Question

DRILLING CONSULTANT Interview

DRILLING CONSULTANT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Apache in January 2010.

Interview Details – One interview by 2 superindents went to work following monday

Negotiation Details – there were none

Very Difficult Interview

Drilling Intern Interview

Drilling Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apache.

Interview Details – Pretty relaxed, asked questions off resume.

Interview Question – Had prepared responses to their questions about my resume. Kept asking to talk more about my responses.   View Answer

Worked for Apache? Contribute to the Community!