Apache Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2014

2.9

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apache in October 2011.

It started with Apache coming to my university's career fair and having a booth set up. I talked with a recruiter, shared my resume and discussed the different training opportunities at Apache. That evening, I was notified that I'd been selected for an interview slot the following day. The interview was a half an hour long. Following the interview, I was told I would find out within two weeks whether or not I was to be offered a position. A week and a half later, I received an email from HR letting me know that I'd been offered a position and the offer letter explaining the compensation, benefits and outline of the job description was attached. I was given a week to decide whether I would accept the position. I took the full week to think about it and replied that I would accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I saw myself "adding value" to a company with thousands of employees, operating on multiple continents, and what I would do to make my mark.   Answer Question

Geologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apache in August 2012.

Ten consecutive interviews in one morning with senior members of staff

Interview Questions
    • Asking the process by which I do my job   View Answer
    They met me in the middle

Senior Staff Geologist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apache.

Hiring and Interview was relatively simple once the process started through a headhunter

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apache in January 2013.

Went through two rounds of interviews. First interview was with my direct supervisor, second interview included manager.

Interview Questions
    • Overall pretty easy interview.. Questions were all based off of my resume and experience.   Answer Question
    I was very satisfied with my offer.

IT/AV Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apache in September 2012.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter which is the typical process within IT. The process was very expedient for a full time role, I interviewed with my manager on a Friday, met the Director of IT Infrastructure that following Tuesday and met with the VP of IT within two days of that.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really anything that I would classify as difficult or unexpected. Everyone I spoke with was personable, intelligent and aware of not just the role but they had a firm grasp on what specifically they were looking for in deliverables. I was impressed with the candor with which everyone conducted themselves and their eagerness to get started.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much room for negotiation.

Senior Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Apache in February 2010.

The interview was very professionally managed, as I was flown in for the process, I met with the hiring manager first to discuss 2 job assignments, 1 was for a standard reserves engineer performing production forecast, economic runs for SEC and the other that was more geared towards identifying corporate impact opportunities. I interviewed with seasoned professionals addressing both jobs and decided upon the latter opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Standard procedure, talk about experience on the job and how that related to the job description which I was interviewing for. No trick questions.   Answer Question
    The offer was pretty straight forward, I made sure that my needs were addressed through the recruiter. Issues like relocation, vacations, benefits left behind. The offer was good.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Apache.

Completely arbitrary. Despite having more relevant work experience and coursework, I was passed over for a male. Very chauvinistic company, as confirmed by the career placement and upper level administrators at my university.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apache.

Two round interview. First a telephone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the call he invited me into the office for the final round. The final round consisted of 4 different interviews with managers from the department as well as an HR interview. Mostly behavioral questions with a few questions about the industry.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect the price of oil to do in the next year?   Answer Question

DRILLING CONSULTANT Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Apache in January 2010.

One interview by 2 superindents went to work following monday

there were none

Drilling Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apache.

Pretty relaxed, asked questions off resume.

Interview Questions
    • Had prepared responses to their questions about my resume. Kept asking to talk more about my responses.   View Answer

Worked for Apache? Contribute to the Community!