Apache Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2015

Intern - Monthly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apache.

Interview

I didn't get the job, but the campus recruiting team was great. Interview delved into every aspect of me, my experience, and my schooling. It was comprehensive but fun. The team is very excited to be working for Apache and it shows. Expect to be asked something on every word of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did (this person) give you a chance, knowing that you have no experience in that field?   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apache.

Interview

Easy interview. Very conversational. It was a mix between me and the interviewer taking turns to talk. laid back experience. few behavioral questions. applied through college recruiting. 2 week process

Senior Staff Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apache.

Interview

Hiring and Interview was relatively simple once the process started through a headhunter

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apache.

Interview

Completely arbitrary. Despite having more relevant work experience and coursework, I was passed over for a male. Very chauvinistic company, as confirmed by the career placement and upper level administrators at my university.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apache (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two round interview. First a telephone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the call he invited me into the office for the final round. The final round consisted of 4 different interviews with managers from the department as well as an HR interview. Mostly behavioral questions with a few questions about the industry.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect the price of oil to do in the next year?   Answer Question

Drilling Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apache.

Interview

Pretty relaxed, asked questions off resume.

Interview Questions

• Had prepared responses to their questions about my resume. Kept asking to talk more about my responses.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apache.

Interview

General school recruiting experience

Interview Questions

• General character questions   1 Answer

No desire to move to Midland

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apache.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed yet still possessed the proper business etiquette. You do not end up feeling overwhelmed. The questions you get asked reveal exactly what they are after and reveal to yourself something you may not have known if you had not said it out loud. Lot of tehnical questions mixed in with the usual general ones.

Interview Questions

• What specific qualifications do you think stands you out from the rest of the people we are interviewing?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apache (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews. First interview was with my direct supervisor, second interview included manager.

Interview Questions

• Overall pretty easy interview.. Questions were all based off of my resume and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very satisfied with my offer.

IT/AV Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apache (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter which is the typical process within IT. The process was very expedient for a full time role, I interviewed with my manager on a Friday, met the Director of IT Infrastructure that following Tuesday and met with the VP of IT within two days of that.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really anything that I would classify as difficult or unexpected. Everyone I spoke with was personable, intelligent and aware of not just the role but they had a firm grasp on what specifically they were looking for in deliverables. I was impressed with the candor with which everyone conducted themselves and their eagerness to get started.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation.