Apax Partners Interview Questions

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apax Partners

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apax Partners (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Very difficult, targeted approach, met with multiple people, quantitative skills test as well as model building and presentation

Interview Questions

• What are current trends you are seeing in the industry of PE   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short

Associate (Investment Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apax Partners (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

First round consists of a one on one interview with an Associate and HR. Basically, its the initial screening interview which is pretty challenging. The Associate inquires about your analytical skills and how you would go about analyzing a company in a specific industry. HR asks behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about analyzing a particular company in XYZ industry?   Answer Question

Associate (Investment Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Apax Partners (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

I met with two investment professionals, one senior associate and one partners. The interviews were relatively straight-forward with each professional asking me about a potential target company and how I would analyze the opportunity. We discussed the industry dynamics and how the company's strategic position. The interviews were both very conversational with little in-depth interrogation.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that was unexpected. The only even slightly unusual question was, "Why do you think a former consultant could do private equity?"   Answer Question