Apex Outsourcing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Irvine, CA

I interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in January 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds: one with a big group that was nothing more than an info sessions. the other was with 2 other people in the office with the president. he asked us why we wanted the job, what we could bring to the company, etc.

Interview Question – What you want to get out of it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Apex Outsourcing

Interview Details – 2 "rounds" of interview
basically you sit at a round table and listening to the "President"'s life story. It was quite touching, not really, and how he turned it into an exploitation of employee benefits. You really are not saying much as you sit in a group and await your "2nd interview" where you go in and just listen to him more. Boom. Hired.

Interview Question – What do you know about Apex Outsourcing?   View Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in July 2012.

Interview Details – There will be two group interviews, one that gives background information on Darren and one that focuses on insurance. The interviewing process is simple, where Darren would ask questions and let every applicant answer.

Interview Question – Nothing out of ordinary, very basic interviewing questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interview feels highly scripted, Darren will continuously exaggerate how good his "system" is. When in reality it is a simple script that people read when they cold call. The job also offers zero benefits and you have to cover all licensing fees on your own. In reality, this job is looking for recent grads to act as free labor.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Benefits Consultant
Irvine, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in November 2011.

Interview Details – Was given a call and then went into the office for the interview. Presentation was given on the success on the company and the CEO. Potential income was shown as six figures. But they kept emphasizing only people who are there to work hard will succeed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in October 2011.

Interview Details – The thing with this company is that they don't tell you anything about what the actusl job entails. They promise you wealth beyond your dreams and how easy it is to get it if you just work hard enough. Once youre all excited and he has you hooked they take you to a computer room where you have to get licensed to sell insurance.keep in mind he mentions nothing about how you actually have to pay to work here. So be prepared to spend a little under $400 dollars just to start. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Interview Question – What do expect fro this "career"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in February 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was an interesting format. I met with the President of the company, along with a few other candidates. Unlike most interviews, the President himself conducted the interview, as opposed to me being pawned off on some recruiter. This showed me that management is very hands on. As I found out, the President, Darren Sugiyama, was also the founder of the firm This gave me insight as to the philosophy of the organization, from the founder himself.

The second interview was one-on-one, directly with Mr. Sugiyama. It was really refreshing to be able to sit down with such a successful person because he was actually very approachable. Most people at this level aren't willing to spend any significant amount of time with an interviewee. He asked me what my main goals were regarding my career, but more importantly, he was willing to answer any question I had. Everything was so direct and straight forward. Other interviews I've been on were all the same, boring format. My interview with Mr. Sugiyama was actually quite inspiring.

Interview Question – What is the most important thing you hope to gain from your first two years of your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advise interview candidates to do your homework and learn as much about Mr. Sugiyama as possible prior to the interview. If you go to www.DarrenSugiyama.com, there are a bunch of videos about him and what he does. You want to go into your interview knowing his background, because most likely, you'll be interviewing with him. It's important to be able to have a conversation with him about his business ventures.

Executive Administrator Interview

Executive Administrator
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in September 2010.

Interview Details – Apex was the 1st company that had a group interview environment. I have experienced 'panel interviews' with several decision makers in the room at once, but a group interview is entirely different.

Initially, I found it to be a little intimidating, While being questioned openly it became very apparent who was (and was not) prepared. Those that are confident in their skill levels and success in their careers need not fear.

Interview Question – Due to my experience and skill level, the questions asked during the interview were not difficult for me to address.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer made to me was fair and open to negotiation by either party in the future.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was in a room with 4 other people interviewing for the same position. They showed us a video about how great their company was and how much money we would be making (kept saying "you're gonna drive the car of your dreams"). Then they just asked us about our background and then proceeded with answering questions. They then send you an email questionnaire to fill out and then send back.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself/how did you find out about us.   Answer Question

Business/Financial Consultant Interview

Business/Financial Consultant
Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in April 2010.

Interview Details – While waiting in the lobby to be called in I noticed that the background music wasn't the conventional sound you'd expect of just about any business office. It was more current and edgy and that speaks of the employees there as well. That was a good sign for me being straight out of college. I was shown a video clip to kick off the interview. Two men then walked into the room to have a chat with me. And that's exactly what it felt like. It was more a getting to know each other than a drilling experience. Darren Sugiyama - the President - then walks in during the tail part of the interview to have a brief session. They will e-mail you with a set of questions you have to answer if you make it through to the second round. And if they like your answers you make it to another face-to-face interview for your third screening process.

Interview Question – There were really no over the top difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation by commission only was a problem for me.

Broker Interview

Broker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Apex Outsourcing in May 2011.

Interview Details – Waste of time to say the least. They put us in this large room and had us watch a video on what they do. Then they had a couple of people come in and tell us about their experience of working with the company. After I was hired, I realized that the people that we talked to were also new brokers and were barely making any money themselves.

Interview Question – What do you consider a high income?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Worked for Apex Outsourcing? Contribute to the Community!