Apex Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.5

Outside Sales Trainee Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Apex Systems.

The entire process was quick and painless. Initial phone screen with a corporate recruiter, a Skype interview with a hiring manager, then an on-site interview with managers and your potential coworkers. Great opportunity to ask lots of questions and see how the job really is.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that keeps you motivated when you're having a bad day?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on base, it's sales you make your own money!

Applications Support Interview

two phone interview, going through basic java background, shell scripting , OOP, python, perl scripting, knowledge about monitoring systems and RHEL environments, database knowledge ... queries , indexes ... try to be short and precise in your answers .

Technical Recruiter Interview

interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2014.

First a phone screen that lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter will tell you about the company, what the position entails, and what they are looking for. Will then ask you if you are still interested.

Then you get a series questions to answer and email back, once that is done, they will reschedule a phone interview.

Then the phone interview occurs and lasted about an hour asking various questions. Questions were noting out of ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a recruiter?
      What do you know about recruiting?
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Received a call from recruiter asking for all details about expected salary and the client location, etc. Phone screen was setup in 2 days and the interview was more like a scripted format rather than going through what I did and what I can do. Feedback was quick though. :-(

Interview Questions
    • Asking for a step-by -step details was little too much.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apex Systems.

I submit my resume and get a call from the hr person to come to the office. I reach a very lackluster building and am interviewed by 2 developers in their very average office. At first I am given a little quiz which is not related to the position I am applying for. Then they ask me questions on my resume, not very difficult but kind of detached. At no time do I feel that they will be hiring me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems in November 2013.

Verification of relevant data, and an interview/ series of interviews with the customer. Depending on customer availability, this may be a phone interview, or an in person interview. Once the interview process is complete, a drug test is the next step.

Deployment Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apex Systems in January 2014.

My recruiter was enthusiastic and positive. She was not as informed as someone in the direct field, but did her research to ask all the pertinent questions. Her manager was very supportive of her. They were a good team to interview with.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were difficult. they all related to the position   Answer Question
    hourly rate, days to work onsite or remotely

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems.

I applied online through a referral and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was general questions and at the end the recruiter wanted to set up a skype interview (because I am across the country) for a few days later. Skype interview was more detailed, what recruiting experience do you have, why recruiting, what can you bring to the table, what motivates you, etc, and at the end of the skype interview I was told I was chosen to come into the office for a final half day job shadow the next week. I came in and interviewed with a recruiter, account manager, senior sales manager, VP of operations for the office and I shadowed a recruiter for 30 minutes. I then went out to lunch with 2 recruiters (which was paid for by Apex) and got to ask them questions and really enjoyed meeting multiple people, not just 1 or 2. I got a great feel for the office and the employees and loved it. After lunch we went back to the office and I was offered a job on the spot and accepted. The whole process was professional, timely, and well organized.

Interview Questions
    • What keeps you motivated, how do you work in high pressure situations under stress, tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems in November 2013.

Phone screening with a recruiter, 30 minutes, covering specific experience in a similar role with the target client. Followed up with 30-minute Interview with client manager. Decision was made very quickly, within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
    • No surprises; looking for specific client experience (large financial services company)   Answer Question
    No negotiation; "set" hourly rates

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

First interview was with the recruiting manager and the sales director at the same time. They asked a lot of questions about previous work experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I wanted to work for them, my primary motivators, etc.

The last interview was a "half day" where I spent a few hours shadowing nearly everyone in the office that day. Got to know a lot of people and what they do.

Interview Questions

Worked for Apex Systems? Contribute to the Community!