Apex Systems

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.5

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems.

Initial phone screening with the recruiter, followed by technical interviews, then interview by upper management. Depending on the job process could be different, contractors tend to deal with less interviews than permanent employees. Expect several interviews at all levels, peer interviews, technical interviews etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing was unexpected, interview process was actually easier than what I have experienced in past.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems.

The recruiter was VERY pushy and came over kind of snobby. I spoke with her 4 weeks ago about a job that she said she would keep me updated on. My current job doesn't allow employees to have personal phone in the building. I come out of work after After 4 weeks of waiting and receive 2 missed phone calls and 2 emails from the recruiter. The 2nd of the 2 emails was:

I’ve tried to call/reach out to you a number of times in regards to the opening in ________ that we discussed. Are you still interested or has something changed for you? Please let me know ASAP as the client is setting up on-site interviews as we speak.

I find it kind of rude after no contact for 4 weeks to be this pushy when I am unable to respond while I am at work.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any unexpected Questions.. Just more about what I have done in the past and how it fits with the needs of the new job.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then waited a week for follow-up, Finally had phone interview, then waited two more weeks for a 'No thanks". After that no further contact from company for weeks, despite phone calls. Finally one month later, got a "we habe nothing else in the pipeline".

Cisco Live Desk Agent (Contract Employee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I got a call from the Apex recruiter within an hour after applying. I had a brief discussion over the phone about why applied and the recruiter talked about the position. After the short conversation I was asked to interview in person the next day with the recruiter and another Apex employee. The recruiter interview was simple and very laid back. It was more like a conversation as they are just trying to get a feel if they should pass you along to interview with Cisco or not. I was then asked to interview with Cisco a few days later. The Cisco interview was pretty standard. A lot of behavior and situation based questions. The interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to.

What I didn't like about it was the middle-man recruiter and not being able to ask questions directly to Cisco when I needed to. I confirmed things several times with the recruiter that were crucial to me taking the position and was returned with a consistent answer to those questions which led me to take the job after the offer. I signed the paperwork and gave my notice at my other job. A few days later, the recruiter called me and told me completely different information than what I had been hearing upon accepting the job. The hours were different, time off was different, etc... I was extremely upset and disappointed. The recruiter should have taken the time to learn all of the facts and present them properly to the candidate. I ended up declining the offer a little later and awkwardly revoked my notice at my other job.

Overall, I think the interview process was pretty straight forward and easy. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions about the job (they like that) and also be ready for answers to questions like: examples of how you handle stress, how you handle difficult situations (upset customers..). What motivates you. What characteristics do you like in a boss and several situation questions.

Just be sure the recruiter knows what's really going on. If you have to, ask to speak with the employees at Cisco to confirm so you don't get let down like I did.

Interview Questions
    • The situation questions were the most difficult.
      Example: If you hear a co-worker on the phone with a customer giving the wrong information, what would you do? Secondly, what would you do if your boss then confronted that co-worker about what he/she said to the customer and your co-worker lied. What would you do?

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Contractor position - First Round - Recruiter ask technical questions. Next written test (Online). Next will be client technical interview.Client also will ask some Oral technical questions followed by writing queries. All this is for a contract position with three layers.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I was recruited by the corporate recruiters. I had a phone interview within two days of them receiving my resume. The following week, I went in for a panel interview and had four people interviewing me. They were very unprofessional during the interview. I was not impressed with the culture and vibe that I got from their office.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I didn't get a great impression of the management or the culture.

Outside Sales Trainee Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

The entire process was quick and painless. Initial phone screen with a corporate recruiter, a Skype interview with a hiring manager, then an on-site interview with managers and your potential coworkers. Great opportunity to ask lots of questions and see how the job really is.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that keeps you motivated when you're having a bad day?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on base, it's sales you make your own money!

"Account Manager" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Apex Systems in September 2014.

A recruiter will call you and tell you this is an "Account Manager" position and that you will spend 10 weeks in a Staffing role to learn the business. This person is very friendly and will ask you basic questions about your experience. Then I went in for an in-person interview, which was great! Both of the women I spoke to were wonderful. Thought it went really well. Then the next day I received an e-mail telling me that they felt I was more of a management type and not a sales person. To which I was told that the Account Manager job is actually just being a recruiter. This was quite frustrating and I wasted an entire morning to find this out. So don't be fooled, you are being interviewed for a telemarketing staffing job.

Interview Questions
    • None. Unless this is your first interview, then you might get tripped up.   View Answer

Applications Support Interview

two phone interview, going through basic java background, shell scripting , OOP, python, perl scripting, knowledge about monitoring systems and RHEL environments, database knowledge ... queries , indexes ... try to be short and precise in your answers .

Data Communications Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems in September 2014.

I was contacted after replying to an add on craigslist for a low voltage tech.This first call was to explain the job, and provide me with associated information. After providing Apex with more information via email, I was scheduled for an interview via Skype, which was brief and simple. At this point I was scheduled for background checks, and then drug test. I was then called with an offer, and entered into a short term contract with Apex for service to another company.

Interview Questions
    • How would I react to an angry, or loud customer, while in their home?   View Answer