Apex Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Verification of relevant data, and an interview/ series of interviews with the customer. Depending on customer availability, this may be a phone interview, or an in person interview. Once the interview process is complete, a drug test is the next step.

Deployment Analyst Interview

Deployment Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apex Systems in January 2014.

Interview Details – My recruiter was enthusiastic and positive. She was not as informed as someone in the direct field, but did her research to ask all the pertinent questions. Her manager was very supportive of her. They were a good team to interview with.

Interview Question – no questions were difficult. they all related to the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hourly rate, days to work onsite or remotely

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online through a referral and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was general questions and at the end the recruiter wanted to set up a skype interview (because I am across the country) for a few days later. Skype interview was more detailed, what recruiting experience do you have, why recruiting, what can you bring to the table, what motivates you, etc, and at the end of the skype interview I was told I was chosen to come into the office for a final half day job shadow the next week. I came in and interviewed with a recruiter, account manager, senior sales manager, VP of operations for the office and I shadowed a recruiter for 30 minutes. I then went out to lunch with 2 recruiters (which was paid for by Apex) and got to ask them questions and really enjoyed meeting multiple people, not just 1 or 2. I got a great feel for the office and the employees and loved it. After lunch we went back to the office and I was offered a job on the spot and accepted. The whole process was professional, timely, and well organized.

Interview Question – What keeps you motivated, how do you work in high pressure situations under stress, tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening with a recruiter, 30 minutes, covering specific experience in a similar role with the target client. Followed up with 30-minute Interview with client manager. Decision was made very quickly, within a couple of days.

Interview Question – No surprises; looking for specific client experience (large financial services company)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; "set" hourly rates

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – First interview was with the recruiting manager and the sales director at the same time. They asked a lot of questions about previous work experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I wanted to work for them, my primary motivators, etc.

The last interview was a "half day" where I spent a few hours shadowing nearly everyone in the office that day. Got to know a lot of people and what they do.

Interview Question – What's your biggest motivator? What gets you going?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Seat Refresh Technician Interview

Seat Refresh Technician
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apex Systems in January 2013.

Interview Details – I spoke to the recruiter who was very polite and nice and than she connected me to the supervisor who approved the job.

Interview Question – The whole process was about ten minutes, it didn't really feel like an interview more about confirmation that this was the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems in January 2014.

Interview Details – PHONE SCREEN, IN-PERSON INTERVIEW, FINAL TEAM MEETINGS/INTERVIEW

Negotiation Details – they secured my rate when we first spoke, so i knew exactly how much i was getting.

Net Backup Engineer Interview

Net Backup Engineer
Roanoke, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Apex Systems in February 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiter will put you in contact with an onsite technical manager to conduct your interview. This varies from job to job on how it will go, just depends on what you are applying for.

Interview Question – This varies from job to job on how it will go, just depends on what you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can squeeze more money out of the recruiter but you may suffer in benefits. They have a bottom line and most of the time wont even get close to crossing it.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with a internal recruiter/HR and then met with the branch. I had short (5-10) minute "discussions" with all the recruiters and Account Managers. This was easy and great exposure to the branch. Then I met with the Branch Manager. The BM asked me how much my father makes and what music I like to dance to at the club. Extremely inappropriate.

Interview Question – How much my father makes.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online, then I was sent an email with questionnaire attached asking some basic questions. There was a follow up interview on the phone that was still pretty preliminary, which lasted about 25 minutes. I am in the process of going in for a panel interview with 2 of their hiring managers.

Interview Question – What motivates you on a daily basis to put forward the best?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apex Systems

Worked for Apex Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Apex Systems interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews posted anonymously by Apex Systems employees and interview candidates.