Apex Systems

2.5

Cisco Live Desk Agent (Contract Employee) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I got a call from the Apex recruiter within an hour after applying. I had a brief discussion over the phone about why applied and the recruiter talked about the position. After the short conversation I was asked to interview in person the next day with the recruiter and another Apex employee. The recruiter interview was simple and very laid back. It was more like a conversation as they are just trying to get a feel if they should pass you along to interview with Cisco or not. I was then asked to interview with Cisco a few days later. The Cisco interview was pretty standard. A lot of behavior and situation based questions. The interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to.

What I didn't like about it was the middle-man recruiter and not being able to ask questions directly to Cisco when I needed to. I confirmed things several times with the recruiter that were crucial to me taking the position and was returned with a consistent answer to those questions which led me to take the job after the offer. I signed the paperwork and gave my notice at my other job. A few days later, the recruiter called me and told me completely different information than what I had been hearing upon accepting the job. The hours were different, time off was different, etc... I was extremely upset and disappointed. The recruiter should have taken the time to learn all of the facts and present them properly to the candidate. I ended up declining the offer a little later and awkwardly revoked my notice at my other job.

Overall, I think the interview process was pretty straight forward and easy. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions about the job (they like that) and also be ready for answers to questions like: examples of how you handle stress, how you handle difficult situations (upset customers..). What motivates you. What characteristics do you like in a boss and several situation questions.

Just be sure the recruiter knows what's really going on. If you have to, ask to speak with the employees at Cisco to confirm so you don't get let down like I did.

Interview Questions
    • The situation questions were the most difficult.
      Example: If you hear a co-worker on the phone with a customer giving the wrong information, what would you do? Secondly, what would you do if your boss then confronted that co-worker about what he/she said to the customer and your co-worker lied. What would you do?

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Contractor position - First Round - Recruiter ask technical questions. Next written test (Online). Next will be client technical interview.Client also will ask some Oral technical questions followed by writing queries. All this is for a contract position with three layers.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I was recruited by the corporate recruiters. I had a phone interview within two days of them receiving my resume. The following week, I went in for a panel interview and had four people interviewing me. They were very unprofessional during the interview. I was not impressed with the culture and vibe that I got from their office.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I didn't get a great impression of the management or the culture.

Outside Sales Trainee Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

The entire process was quick and painless. Initial phone screen with a corporate recruiter, a Skype interview with a hiring manager, then an on-site interview with managers and your potential coworkers. Great opportunity to ask lots of questions and see how the job really is.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that keeps you motivated when you're having a bad day?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on base, it's sales you make your own money!

"Account Manager" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Apex Systems in September 2014.

A recruiter will call you and tell you this is an "Account Manager" position and that you will spend 10 weeks in a Staffing role to learn the business. This person is very friendly and will ask you basic questions about your experience. Then I went in for an in-person interview, which was great! Both of the women I spoke to were wonderful. Thought it went really well. Then the next day I received an e-mail telling me that they felt I was more of a management type and not a sales person. To which I was told that the Account Manager job is actually just being a recruiter. This was quite frustrating and I wasted an entire morning to find this out. So don't be fooled, you are being interviewed for a telemarketing staffing job.

Interview Questions
    • None. Unless this is your first interview, then you might get tripped up.   View Answer

Applications Support Interview

two phone interview, going through basic java background, shell scripting , OOP, python, perl scripting, knowledge about monitoring systems and RHEL environments, database knowledge ... queries , indexes ... try to be short and precise in your answers .

Consultant Interview

Received a call from recruiter asking for all details about expected salary and the client location, etc. Phone screen was setup in 2 days and the interview was more like a scripted format rather than going through what I did and what I can do. Feedback was quick though. :-(

Interview Questions
    • Asking for a step-by -step details was little too much.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems in August 2014.

Asked questions base on the skills from the resume. Standard technical interviews. None of the questions were heavy related to the job requirements. The job asks for basic understanding of how products work.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to relate to a job with no familiarity.   Answer Question
    The recruiter suggested a rate but it was low and no where near the competitive rate. Then the hiring manager came back with a new higher rate which is still well below the rate compare for the position.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apex Systems in August 2014.

I was contacted by an Apex Recruiter for a permanent role. I was interviewed by the hiring manager at the site. I came back to meet the CIO. Went well and accepted. After 90 days I will be a permanent employee. They were swift in getting an answer. I was glad they contacted me...Like my new job. Thanks Apex

The employer pretty much lowered the salary... I accepted because I was looking to get out of consulting.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I submit my resume and get a call from the hr person to come to the office. I reach a very lackluster building and am interviewed by 2 developers in their very average office. At first I am given a little quiz which is not related to the position I am applying for. Then they ask me questions on my resume, not very difficult but kind of detached. At no time do I feel that they will be hiring me.