Apex Systems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.5

Technical Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

One phone screen and then one 1/2 day interview with the team. Panel style interview with account managers. You will have a chance to sit down with a recruiter and shadow them to see what the job is like. Then you walk around and see the facility, you learn about the business and the model they follow for recruiting.

Entry Level Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apex Systems.

I had a phone screen and then an in person scheduled. Upon my arrival I was told the hiring manager called out sick and I was being interview by the person who I was replacing. She was very unprofessional and obviously had not prepared to ask me any questions. She was unclear about the duties this position held even though she was currently in the role and she was using curse words during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • nothing relevant except if I was good with Microsoft Excel.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apex Systems.

Applied online. A few days later I received an email asking me to answer some pre-screening questions. The following day I received an email to set up a phone interview. Two days later the phone interview was conducted. The questions were behavioral based. A week after the phone interview I received an email stating they went forward with another candidate.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems.

Initial phone screening with the recruiter, followed by technical interviews, then interview by upper management. Depending on the job process could be different, contractors tend to deal with less interviews than permanent employees. Expect several interviews at all levels, peer interviews, technical interviews etc

Interview Questions
    • nothing was unexpected, interview process was actually easier than what I have experienced in past.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems.

The recruiter was VERY pushy and came over kind of snobby. I spoke with her 4 weeks ago about a job that she said she would keep me updated on. My current job doesn't allow employees to have personal phone in the building. I come out of work after After 4 weeks of waiting and receive 2 missed phone calls and 2 emails from the recruiter. The 2nd of the 2 emails was:

I’ve tried to call/reach out to you a number of times in regards to the opening in ________ that we discussed. Are you still interested or has something changed for you? Please let me know ASAP as the client is setting up on-site interviews as we speak.

I find it kind of rude after no contact for 4 weeks to be this pushy when I am unable to respond while I am at work.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any unexpected Questions.. Just more about what I have done in the past and how it fits with the needs of the new job.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then waited a week for follow-up, Finally had phone interview, then waited two more weeks for a 'No thanks". After that no further contact from company for weeks, despite phone calls. Finally one month later, got a "we habe nothing else in the pipeline".

Cisco Live Desk Agent (Contract Employee) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I got a call from the Apex recruiter within an hour after applying. I had a brief discussion over the phone about why applied and the recruiter talked about the position. After the short conversation I was asked to interview in person the next day with the recruiter and another Apex employee. The recruiter interview was simple and very laid back. It was more like a conversation as they are just trying to get a feel if they should pass you along to interview with Cisco or not. I was then asked to interview with Cisco a few days later. The Cisco interview was pretty standard. A lot of behavior and situation based questions. The interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to.

What I didn't like about it was the middle-man recruiter and not being able to ask questions directly to Cisco when I needed to. I confirmed things several times with the recruiter that were crucial to me taking the position and was returned with a consistent answer to those questions which led me to take the job after the offer. I signed the paperwork and gave my notice at my other job. A few days later, the recruiter called me and told me completely different information than what I had been hearing upon accepting the job. The hours were different, time off was different, etc... I was extremely upset and disappointed. The recruiter should have taken the time to learn all of the facts and present them properly to the candidate. I ended up declining the offer a little later and awkwardly revoked my notice at my other job.

Overall, I think the interview process was pretty straight forward and easy. Be prepared to ask a lot of questions about the job (they like that) and also be ready for answers to questions like: examples of how you handle stress, how you handle difficult situations (upset customers..). What motivates you. What characteristics do you like in a boss and several situation questions.

Just be sure the recruiter knows what's really going on. If you have to, ask to speak with the employees at Cisco to confirm so you don't get let down like I did.

Interview Questions
    • The situation questions were the most difficult.
      Example: If you hear a co-worker on the phone with a customer giving the wrong information, what would you do? Secondly, what would you do if your boss then confronted that co-worker about what he/she said to the customer and your co-worker lied. What would you do?

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Contractor position - First Round - Recruiter ask technical questions. Next written test (Online). Next will be client technical interview.Client also will ask some Oral technical questions followed by writing queries. All this is for a contract position with three layers.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I was recruited by the corporate recruiters. I had a phone interview within two days of them receiving my resume. The following week, I went in for a panel interview and had four people interviewing me. They were very unprofessional during the interview. I was not impressed with the culture and vibe that I got from their office.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I didn't get a great impression of the management or the culture.

Outside Sales Trainee Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

The entire process was quick and painless. Initial phone screen with a corporate recruiter, a Skype interview with a hiring manager, then an on-site interview with managers and your potential coworkers. Great opportunity to ask lots of questions and see how the job really is.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that keeps you motivated when you're having a bad day?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on base, it's sales you make your own money!