Apex Systems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.5

Software Development Engineer Interview

Contractor position - First Round - Recruiter ask technical questions. Next written test (Online). Next will be client technical interview.Client also will ask some Oral technical questions followed by writing queries. All this is for a contract position with three layers.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I was recruited by the corporate recruiters. I had a phone interview within two days of them receiving my resume. The following week, I went in for a panel interview and had four people interviewing me. They were very unprofessional during the interview. I was not impressed with the culture and vibe that I got from their office.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because I didn't get a great impression of the management or the culture.

Outside Sales Trainee Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

The entire process was quick and painless. Initial phone screen with a corporate recruiter, a Skype interview with a hiring manager, then an on-site interview with managers and your potential coworkers. Great opportunity to ask lots of questions and see how the job really is.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that keeps you motivated when you're having a bad day?   Answer Question
    No negotiation on base, it's sales you make your own money!

"Account Manager" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Apex Systems in September 2014.

A recruiter will call you and tell you this is an "Account Manager" position and that you will spend 10 weeks in a Staffing role to learn the business. This person is very friendly and will ask you basic questions about your experience. Then I went in for an in-person interview, which was great! Both of the women I spoke to were wonderful. Thought it went really well. Then the next day I received an e-mail telling me that they felt I was more of a management type and not a sales person. To which I was told that the Account Manager job is actually just being a recruiter. This was quite frustrating and I wasted an entire morning to find this out. So don't be fooled, you are being interviewed for a telemarketing staffing job.

Interview Questions
    • None. Unless this is your first interview, then you might get tripped up.   View Answer

Applications Support Interview

two phone interview, going through basic java background, shell scripting , OOP, python, perl scripting, knowledge about monitoring systems and RHEL environments, database knowledge ... queries , indexes ... try to be short and precise in your answers .

Consultant Interview

Received a call from recruiter asking for all details about expected salary and the client location, etc. Phone screen was setup in 2 days and the interview was more like a scripted format rather than going through what I did and what I can do. Feedback was quick though. :-(

Interview Questions
    • Asking for a step-by -step details was little too much.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems in August 2014.

Asked questions base on the skills from the resume. Standard technical interviews. None of the questions were heavy related to the job requirements. The job asks for basic understanding of how products work.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to relate to a job with no familiarity.   Answer Question
    The recruiter suggested a rate but it was low and no where near the competitive rate. Then the hiring manager came back with a new higher rate which is still well below the rate compare for the position.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I submit my resume and get a call from the hr person to come to the office. I reach a very lackluster building and am interviewed by 2 developers in their very average office. At first I am given a little quiz which is not related to the position I am applying for. Then they ask me questions on my resume, not very difficult but kind of detached. At no time do I feel that they will be hiring me.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems.

I applied online through a referral and was contacted for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was general questions and at the end the recruiter wanted to set up a skype interview (because I am across the country) for a few days later. Skype interview was more detailed, what recruiting experience do you have, why recruiting, what can you bring to the table, what motivates you, etc, and at the end of the skype interview I was told I was chosen to come into the office for a final half day job shadow the next week. I came in and interviewed with a recruiter, account manager, senior sales manager, VP of operations for the office and I shadowed a recruiter for 30 minutes. I then went out to lunch with 2 recruiters (which was paid for by Apex) and got to ask them questions and really enjoyed meeting multiple people, not just 1 or 2. I got a great feel for the office and the employees and loved it. After lunch we went back to the office and I was offered a job on the spot and accepted. The whole process was professional, timely, and well organized.

Interview Questions
    • What keeps you motivated, how do you work in high pressure situations under stress, tell me about a time you failed and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2014.

First a phone screen that lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter will tell you about the company, what the position entails, and what they are looking for. Will then ask you if you are still interested.

Then you get a series questions to answer and email back, once that is done, they will reschedule a phone interview.

Then the phone interview occurs and lasted about an hour asking various questions. Questions were noting out of ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a recruiter?
      What do you know about recruiting?
        Answer Question