Apex Systems

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – First interview was with the recruiting manager and the sales director at the same time. They asked a lot of questions about previous work experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I wanted to work for them, my primary motivators, etc.

The last interview was a "half day" where I spent a few hours shadowing nearly everyone in the office that day. Got to know a lot of people and what they do.

Interview Question – What's your biggest motivator? What gets you going?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online, then I was sent an email with questionnaire attached asking some basic questions. There was a follow up interview on the phone that was still pretty preliminary, which lasted about 25 minutes. I am in the process of going in for a panel interview with 2 of their hiring managers.

Interview Question – What motivates you on a daily basis to put forward the best?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with a internal recruiter/HR and then met with the branch. I had short (5-10) minute "discussions" with all the recruiters and Account Managers. This was easy and great exposure to the branch. Then I met with the Branch Manager. The BM asked me how much my father makes and what music I like to dance to at the club. Extremely inappropriate.

Interview Question – How much my father makes.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me, had to answer questions through email, then set up a phone interview, then onsite interview, then a 2 hour mingle with other recruiters/ interviews with other superiors in the office. Whole process took almost 3 weeks. The lead mananger in CLT was slightly rude, acted exasperated he had to lower himself to interviewing a potential new hire.

Interview Question – Why Apex?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer with higher base salary.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Apex Systems in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty intense. I had interviews with at least seven different people in a three day period. However, I knew that I had the job within hours of my final interview.

Interview Question – There were not really any unexpected questions just more to make sure that I would fit into the team atmosphere they were building   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started off way too low. They salary range is set but if you do not ask they will not go up. Do not take the first offer.

Technical Recruiter

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a campus recruiting website and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. Initial screening questions were sent through email and then a phone interview was scheduled. Next was a face-to-face or phone interview with the delivery manager of the office you would be working at. I was told a face-to-face interview was preferred so I drove to the location. The delivery manager was at least 15 minutes late to my interview and I ended up being interviewed by both the delivery and account managers. Afterwards, I was invited to a half-day interview so I had to drive to the location again on another day. Met with most of my potential future co-workers who seemed very young (most being recent college graduates or just a few years after college). After the half-day interview was over, I apparently received a verbal offer. The corporate recruiter contacted me for a follow-up discussion.

Interview Question – Most dealt with being persistent and able to handle rejection. Relatively unstructured interview format, some not even relevant to the job description at hand. Even got one that asked me about where I get my alcohol. I'm assumed it was a test to see if I was "fun" as well since I had a strong resume. Am I supposed to have a 2.5 +/- GPA spending my life getting drunk at parties in order to be perceived as fun?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was low, even with the bonus/commission structure. Perceived lack of learning & growth opportunities and diversity due to the homogenous, relatively young crowd. The work seemed mundane - I pretty much figured it all out during the half-day interview. I might have accepted if it was the only offer and I was desperate, but I had other companies that were interested in me and ended up pursuing those opportunities instead.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Apex Systems in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had phone interview and was accepted to move forward to the next round. The Business Ops guy practically threw his card at me and asked why you if I'm interviewing other people then left. He was very unprofessional. Knowing I have experience in recruiting and in sales obviously seems he's looking for a style. Its his loss not mine.

Interview Question – None of the questions for difficult. Why Apex, what makes you different from the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – Initial communication with corporate recruiter over the phone. This is usually to explain the role, what a recruiter is and what the job initials. Once you've spoken with them and you want to proceed, your information is sent to the delivery manager. 1st face to face interview is with just the DM. If that goes well you are asked to come back for a 'half day'. It's about 3-4 hrs to meet the team and learn more about how things work. Great time to ask questions and see if is would be a good role for you.

Interview Question – The most important question is if you can handle to low salary at first. This job is mostly commission and bonus pay! You have to be able to make it through the first 6 or so months of building and learning before you start making REALLY nice checks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, there isn't negotiation. It's corporate standard.

Glen Allen, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter at our college career fair. Immediately applied online to learn more and had a discussion with a Corporate Recruiter via phone. She explained who they were, what they did, what the job responsibility was, etc. She set me up for a personality test and then a 1:1 with the Branch Manager in Richmond. We met in the conference room then he had me sit down and ask a series of questions. Then wanted me to shadow with some of the recruiters in "the pit" (an open area of cubes). I shadowed for about 2 hours and were told I'd get a call back. I did and they offered position and I accepted. Went through background check/drug screen and started in a week.

Interview Question – So long ago I can't remember. Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about monetary goals, motivations, personal goals, why I want to recruit, why would I be good, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. Everything was laid out on the table from the get-go.

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2011.

Interview Details – Apex was very respectful of my time available to interview. Interviews were limited to a face to face, and a follow-up half day with the team.

All communications were friendly and professional. During the interview process all the employees were super helpful, and went out of their way to explain various recruiting concepts, and tools being used.

I believe my IT background with sales experience certainly helped with my transition into this role, and gave me an advantage over other candidates.

Interview Question – What do you know about recruiting?   View Answer

Worked for Apex Systems? Contribute to the Community!