Apex Systems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2015

2.9

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

One phone screen and then one 1/2 day interview with the team. Panel style interview with account managers. You will have a chance to sit down with a recruiter and shadow them to see what the job is like. Then you walk around and see the facility, you learn about the business and the model they follow for recruiting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Apex Systems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2014.

Interview

First a phone screen that lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter will tell you about the company, what the position entails, and what they are looking for. Will then ask you if you are still interested. Then you get a series questions to answer and email back, once that is done, they will reschedule a phone interview. Then the phone interview occurs and lasted about an hour asking various questions. Questions were noting out of ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a recruiter? What do you know about recruiting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apex Systems (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First interview was with the recruiting manager and the sales director at the same time. They asked a lot of questions about previous work experience, why I wanted to leave my current job, why I wanted to work for them, my primary motivators, etc. The last interview was a "half day" where I spent a few hours shadowing nearly everyone in the office that day. Got to know a lot of people and what they do.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apex Systems.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a internal recruiter/HR and then met with the branch. I had short (5-10) minute "discussions" with all the recruiters and Account Managers. This was easy and great exposure to the branch. Then I met with the Branch Manager. The BM asked me how much my father makes and what music I like to dance to at the club. Extremely inappropriate.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apex Systems (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online, then I was sent an email with questionnaire attached asking some basic questions. There was a follow up interview on the phone that was still pretty preliminary, which lasted about 25 minutes. I am in the process of going in for a panel interview with 2 of their hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you on a daily basis to put forward the best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apex Systems (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Recruiter called me, had to answer questions through email, then set up a phone interview, then onsite interview, then a 2 hour mingle with other recruiters/ interviews with other superiors in the office. Whole process took almost 3 weeks. The lead mananger in CLT was slightly rude, acted exasperated he had to lower himself to interviewing a potential new hire.

Interview Questions

Got another offer with higher base salary.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apex Systems in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty intense. I had interviews with at least seven different people in a three day period. However, I knew that I had the job within hours of my final interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any unexpected questions just more to make sure that I would fit into the team atmosphere they were building   Answer Question

Negotiation

They started off way too low. They salary range is set but if you do not ask they will not go up. Do not take the first offer.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apex Systems in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through a campus recruiting website and was contacted by a corporate recruiter. Initial screening questions were sent through email and then a phone interview was scheduled. Next was a face-to-face or phone interview with the delivery manager of the office you would be working at. I was told a face-to-face interview was preferred so I drove to the location. The delivery manager was at least 15 minutes late to my interview and I ended up being interviewed by both the delivery and account managers. Afterwards, I was invited to a half-day interview so I had to drive to the location again on another day. Met with most of my potential future co-workers who seemed very young (most being recent college graduates or just a few years after college). After the half-day interview was over, I apparently received a verbal offer. The corporate recruiter contacted me for a follow-up discussion.

Interview Questions

• Most dealt with being persistent and able to handle rejection. Relatively unstructured interview format, some not even relevant to the job description at hand. Even got one that asked me about where I get my alcohol. I'm assumed it was a test to see if I was "fun" as well since I had a strong resume. Am I supposed to have a 2.5 +/- GPA spending my life getting drunk at parties in order to be perceived as fun?   Answer Question

Pay was low, even with the bonus/commission structure. Perceived lack of learning & growth opportunities and diversity due to the homogenous, relatively young crowd. The work seemed mundane - I pretty much figured it all out during the half-day interview. I might have accepted if it was the only offer and I was desperate, but I had other companies that were interested in me and ended up pursuing those opportunities instead.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apex Systems (Charlotte, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

Had phone interview and was accepted to move forward to the next round. The Business Ops guy practically threw his card at me and asked why you if I'm interviewing other people then left. He was very unprofessional. Knowing I have experience in recruiting and in sales obviously seems he's looking for a style. Its his loss not mine.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions for difficult. Why Apex, what makes you different from the rest of the candidates.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apex Systems (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communication with corporate recruiter over the phone. This is usually to explain the role, what a recruiter is and what the job initials. Once you've spoken with them and you want to proceed, your information is sent to the delivery manager. 1st face to face interview is with just the DM. If that goes well you are asked to come back for a 'half day'. It's about 3-4 hrs to meet the team and learn more about how things work. Great time to ask questions and see if is would be a good role for you.

Interview Questions

• The most important question is if you can handle to low salary at first. This job is mostly commission and bonus pay! You have to be able to make it through the first 6 or so months of building and learning before you start making REALLY nice checks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, there isn't negotiation. It's corporate standard.