Apigee

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Senior Support Engineer

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Apigee in April 2014.

Interview Details – Received an arrogant email through LinkedIn 'Opportunity knocks only once, apply now ...'
Turned me off and ignored it. 6 months later found position was still unfilled so I applied.
Within days I received a professional email and setup a phone screen.
Unfortunately, the hiring manager was yelling at me and the phone line had a lot of static forcing
the interview to be rescheduled. At the rescheduled interview, the hiring manager was absent and needless to say the recruiter was only filling time.

Interview Question – Why did you startup your own company and not look for a new job after your layoff?   View Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apigee.

Interview Details – Very fast paced interview process. Did 3 tech interviews in a span of a week. Recruiter contacted me on a Thursday, scheduled an interview for Monday, Wednesday, and 3rd round for following Monday. Received verbal offer within a few hours of last interview. Applied in early March, heard back in mid-April and interviewed.

Interview Question – None, really, just know your concepts and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Apigee

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – a lot of questions about java and linux   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apigee in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter. Had 3 rounds of phone interviews - 2 technical & 1 hiring manager. Questions were very direct and simple. All the interviewers were very passionate and discussed in the detail about their company's open sourced policy and their team.

Interview Question – With the given denominations: 1, 5, 10 & 25 and a target sum return a list of different
combination of coins whose sum would equal to the given target.
  Answer Question

Head of Human Resources Interview

Head of Human Resources
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apigee in January 2014.

Interview Details – Well defined job opportunity. Well networked executive recruitment team. Willing, accessible senior leaders willing to spend as much 1:1 time with candidates as necessary to assure a great candidate experience. By the time I made the decision to join Apigee I felt as if I was already working there (a good thing!!!)

Interview Question – Help me understand what you know about this business   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair, honest, grounded in request that I not accept if I don't believe in Apigee's purpose.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Apigee

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview for an hour. Started off with the basic tell me about yourself and clarification of things from the resume. Then jumped on to technical questions. Nothing out of the box. The interviewer was friendly and did not hesitate to clarify your thinking process behind solving the prroblem.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apigee.

Interview Details – Interview process was very smooth. I had three rounds of interview. I was told about the offer in next couple of days. Whole interview process took less than 2 weeks.

Apigee is a good company to work for. With my interview experience, people are so passionate about their work.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apigee.

Interview Details – Applied on their website. Spoken to the recruiting coordinator over the phone. Had a conversation with the hiring Manager. Then was asked to come onsite for a 1:1 interview. It was a regular Silicon valley interview with a lot of white boarding. I liked the clarity. They know what they wanted and made sure I have stuff to offer them.

Interview Question – All the questions were of average difficulty.   Answer Question

Technical Evangelist Interview

Technical Evangelist

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apigee.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with recruiter and was set up for an additional phone interview with the Department Head. The second interview was canceled because he required more hands-on coding. The initial phone interview was "okay" ... she seemed to go over my qualifications quite a bit and ask multiple variations of the same question as though she was suspicious. My impression of Apigee is that the organization is very textbook and if you're not the standard ivy league graduate, they won't consider you. I feel their competitors will outpace them due to this conservative approach - personal belief that the future of technology will be determined by the diversity of your team. Twitter is a perfect example. Founders from MidWest; some with no degree.

Interview Question – What does apigee do? What is an API? (These weren't difficult or unexpected though)   Answer Question

Apigee Response

Nov 8, 2013Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience at Apigee! It might not have come across in a phone interview, but at Apigee, we are a pretty diverse group of like-minded geeks with ... More

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apigee in July 2013.

Interview Details – Call from recruiter - very knowledgeable, explained the role well to me
Phone Screen by Technical team member + CodingHire coding exercise
Onsite with 4 interviewers - fun team, made me feel very comfortable, offered me water, snacks, checked if I had lunch (else I could have had their free lunch.. which smelled yummy)
Offer made
Smooth HR process
IT offered Macbook Pro (Retina display), MacBook Air as choice.

Interview Question – Nothing that I can remember now...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth. They made me feel I am important and they would love to work with me. I didn't get too much raise in my base salary. However I joined for the challenge, fun and of course the attractive options package.

Worked for Apigee? Contribute to the Community!