Apigee

Apigee Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apigee.

Recruiter contacted me about the position and I have told recruiter that I am interested in lead position and recruiter said that they will put me in 2 interview panels in personal interview once I pass phone interview as one team is looking for lead and other team is looking for QA engineer position. After phone interview , they scheduled for personal interview for a whole day . I did well in the technical interview , but when engineering manager(coach) came and interviewed me , he asked me whether I am looking for QA lead or qa engineer position and when I told my interest, Coach immediately said that this company does not have hierarchy and people should not come here if they are looking for climbing up ladder. He told me to discontinue interview if I am still looking for lead which made me very unprofessional. This kind of discussion should happened when recruiter talks to candidate , but not in personal interview so that candidates does not need to spend for phone and personal interview.

Other than that, people who did technical interview are good and they accepted my answers and they asked fail questions which is needed for position

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how I can structure a automation framework for apigee related requests. How it can handle bunch of requests.
      2. remove duplicates from unlimited length of array.
      3. test cases for apigee related scenarios

Answer Question

Software Engineer(Summer) Interview

Passed an initial phone screen, second phone screen, and was then scheduled for a 3-hour series of consecutive phone screens (from NY to a CA position, so there was a time difference).

But, I never received the call. Contacted the recruiter about ten minutes, and then an hour in, and they followed up saying they were busy. I offered alternate interview times. Tried contacting interviewers directly. Never heard back from anyone. I understand a lack of response as rejection if this was post-interview, but the interview was already scheduled with three different engineers and I basically wasted a whole day because it was scheduled to be three hours long and with the time difference. I basically sat there waiting around. Very unprofessional and possibly representative of how they see their interns at this office.

I still don't understand what happened.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience with various technologies such as HTTP, TCP/IP protocol.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apigee.

Very fast paced interview process. Did 3 tech interviews in a span of a week. Recruiter contacted me on a Thursday, scheduled an interview for Monday, Wednesday, and 3rd round for following Monday. Received verbal offer within a few hours of last interview. Applied in early March, heard back in mid-April and interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • None, really, just know your concepts and you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    No negotiation necessary.

Intern Interview

phone interview

Interview Questions
    • a lot of questions about java and linux   View Answer

Senior Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Apigee in April 2014.

Received an arrogant email through LinkedIn 'Opportunity knocks only once, apply now ...'
    Turned me off and ignored it. 6 months later found position was still unfilled so I applied.
    Within days I received a professional email and setup a phone screen.
    Unfortunately, the hiring manager was yelling at me and the phone line had a lot of static forcing
    the interview to be rescheduled. At the rescheduled interview, the hiring manager was absent and needless to say the recruiter was only filling time.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you startup your own company and not look for a new job after your layoff?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Had an initial phone interview for an hour. Started off with the basic tell me about yourself and clarification of things from the resume. Then jumped on to technical questions. Nothing out of the box. The interviewer was friendly and did not hesitate to clarify your thinking process behind solving the prroblem.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apigee.

Interview process was very smooth. I had three rounds of interview. I was told about the offer in next couple of days. Whole interview process took less than 2 weeks.

Apigee is a good company to work for. With my interview experience, people are so passionate about their work.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apigee in February 2014.

Applied through a recruiter. Had 3 rounds of phone interviews - 2 technical & 1 hiring manager. Questions were very direct and simple. All the interviewers were very passionate and discussed in the detail about their company's open sourced policy and their team.

Interview Questions
    • With the given denominations: 1, 5, 10 & 25 and a target sum return a list of different
      combination of coins whose sum would equal to the given target.

Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apigee.

Applied on their website. Spoken to the recruiting coordinator over the phone. Had a conversation with the hiring Manager. Then was asked to come onsite for a 1:1 interview. It was a regular Silicon valley interview with a lot of white boarding. I liked the clarity. They know what they wanted and made sure I have stuff to offer them.

Technical Evangelist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apigee.

Had a phone interview with recruiter and was set up for an additional phone interview with the Department Head. The second interview was canceled because he required more hands-on coding. The initial phone interview was "okay" ... she seemed to go over my qualifications quite a bit and ask multiple variations of the same question as though she was suspicious. My impression of Apigee is that the organization is very textbook and if you're not the standard ivy league graduate, they won't consider you. I feel their competitors will outpace them due to this conservative approach - personal belief that the future of technology will be determined by the diversity of your team. Twitter is a perfect example. Founders from MidWest; some with no degree.

Interview Questions
    • What does apigee do? What is an API? (These weren't difficult or unexpected though)   Answer Question

Apigee Response

Nov 8, 2013Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience at Apigee! It might not have come across in a phone interview, but at Apigee, we are a pretty diverse group of like-minded geeks with ... More