Apollo Education Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer

Interviewed at Apollo Education Group

Interview Details – Interview went well and involved talking with four team members at the time all of whom were professional and knowledgeable. Interview took 2 hours including question and answer period. Met with team manager after talking with team members. Interview process was organized and progressed smoothly.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in five years.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Enrollment Counselor
Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in December 2010.

Interview Details – Recruited by a recruiting agency and interviewed with a recruiter. Went through a second informal interview, then hired. The process did not take long once approved by the recruiter.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was whether or not I could handle working more with adult students vs. younger students.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was satisfied with the salary offer as it commensurate with my experience and was aligned with my duties.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, and it went well. Then I was called in for another interview (Panel) with three people. Then I was moved to speak with my new Director. If was a fairly relaxed process for me.

Interview Question – What type of training do you do outside of your job, that helps you grow, that does not have anything to do with your currently position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more and they told me no.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in December 2013.

Interview Details – First you apply online if they are interested they send you a link to test a 3 part test that took about an hr. Then, you do a phone interview, if they are still interested you will do a face to face interview, then if you are selected you do a background check and receive an official offer letter.

Interview Question – It was basically scenario based questioned.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I did not apply for a job, but rather submitted my resume as a contractor. I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in a full time job.

Interview Question – Now that you know more about what we're trying to do, can you write up a short memo of how you would approach the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer over the phone and was asked to name my salary. Not knowing that there was a bonus system in place I did not ask for the bonus and was not offered it. Once hired, though I was brought into compliance with my co-workers benefits and was given the bonus. Now, with cut backs I'm not so sure it would go like that.

Alumni Advisor Interview

Alumni Advisor
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is much different from how it used to be. You have to have a Bachelor's Degree if you want to be in an Advisor position. This should have been a requirement since a long time ago. We used to have to do a presentation on the company and whether we got to the interview was based on that. Now you have to undergo personality and other assessments before you are even offered an interview. The interview has more application based and behavioral type questions such as How did you exemplify courage? Give a specific example of your most challenging time and how you handled it? If you were in blank situation, how would you handle it? What do you want to accomplish in this position? Etc.

Interview Question – Most of the questions aren't difficult as long as you do your research of the position you are applying for and have specific examples of how you exemplified certain traits for that position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not given a fair offer, but I was also naïve at the time it was given. Had I known what I know now I would have counter offered a lot more because this position is not an entry-level position! This position is 4 positions in 1.

IT Manager, Quality Assurance Interview

IT Manager, Quality Assurance
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1 - Phone Interview by internal recruiter,
2 - face-to-face interviews with 5 different members of management teams,
3 - face-to-face interview with hiring director
Great overview about the vision of the team and the description of the work effort at hand

Interview Question – Describe how you would manage QA teams for database, load & performance, security, and functional testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some negotiation.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Enrollment Counselor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – 4interviews processes.phone. one interview and group interview

Interview Question – how would you sell this pen   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview

Interview Question – nothing... typical "tell me about a time"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer and accept

Faculty Interview

Faculty
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview, plus numerous online interviews and unpaid training over several weeks as part of the selection process. On line instruction training simulates on line instruction. On campus instruction training requires developing several Powerpoint presentations and learning game activities.

Interview Question – This is the usual "most difficult student" and transferable experience questions.   Answer Question