Apollo Education Group Interview Questions

2.8

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2013.

I had to take an assessment test, which mainly consisted of questions about how I felt about certain tasks. There were also questions about I would handle situations that might arise on the job and choose what I felt was the "most correct" response. After that, I had a phone interview that pretty much revealed the job for what it really is: a customer service position. I was not asked one question about academics or education in any way at all. I was asked how I had dealt with angry customers in the past - I don't have customer service experience, but I do have a lot of experience in education, including higher education, so I guess I wasn't equipped to answer the questions they had for me. I really was expecting the scenario questions to be about academics or working with students since the title of the position implies a lot of work with students. Don't expect a conversational style, as this is just a phone screen. There was a lot of silence while the person typed out my responses, and there was no room for follow-up questions or responses. You will not be given the opportunity to show any kind of personality or to ask any questions you might have about the position. A written record of the phone screen will be passed along to a hiring manager who will then decide if you get to move forward. It was an awkward and disappointing experience, to say the least. I have had phone interviews before, and there's usually a back and forth. This was strictly business.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation in which you went out of your way to correct a wrong.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2013.

Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions
    • nothing... typical "tell me about a time"   View Answer
    offer and accept

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

interviewed at Apollo Education Group in December 2012.

there are 3 interviews, 1 ) Initial screening 2) technical 3) group

Interview Questions
    depends on the level of position offered you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2012.

Phone screen, on site.

Interview Questions
    • None, staff doing interview was very junior and seem more worried about their jobs.   View Answer

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2012.

First Interview included a phone screening with a recruiter in Phoenix. We went over my resume and answered behavioral questions. Second Interview was in person and same format, behavioral questions and going over my experience. Third and final interview was to give a presentation on higher education to two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your ideal work environment. And putting together the presentation.   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiate, however I was able to slightly because I did not need medical benefits.

Enrollment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in April 2012.

I was interviewed three times before being told that the process would move on without being considered for the role. I thought the interview process what very detailed and intentional in finding the right person for the role. I had two phone interviews before it was decided I should meet the hiring manager.

I enjoyed meeting with him and would have really enjoyed working there. I was also suppose to meet with a regional director but she did not join us on that third interview. After a third round and not being able to put my best foot forward to the regional director was a let down. But I am grateful for the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation when a subordinate is not meeting expectations?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenging moment when you had to work with someone who is not a direct report.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in April 2012.

Received email with questionnaire & forms to be filled out and returned prior to phone interview. The 2nd email had day and time of scheduled phone interview. Last interview is in person with Manager and/or Director. If they decide to hire you then you will receive an letter.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in March 2012.

Completed online test that included audio-based questions. Make sure you do not have distractions because you only get one try. Behavioral-based telephone interview, followed by panel interview with more behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Share an example of when you struggled with time management and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apollo Education Group in March 2012.

The first part of the interview is a Phone prescreen with the HR department. If you pass this, you move on to a Panel interview with about 5 people. If you are selected for final rounds, you finish with a Face-to-face interview with hiring manager and VP.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiations.

Campus Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2012.

had a phone interview one day was called back next day to set up a phone panel interview the following monday. had the phone panel interview that took an hour and went very well. i was told on the phone that they like everything and that they were going to fly up for a 1v1 interview. fly up on thursday to meetin in person at the campus. Had a great 90 minute interview and was told i had the job verbaly and that it was only contingent on background check and i would hear from someone in about a week. 3 weeks have now gone by and i have called 2 times and now sent 2 emails. Very unperfessional to tell someone they have the job and then disapear and not even send a email.

Interview Questions
    • how you would handle dealing with executive management   Answer Question