Apollo Education Group Interview Questions

2.8

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in January 2009.

One phone interview, plus numerous online interviews and unpaid training over several weeks as part of the selection process. On line instruction training simulates on line instruction. On campus instruction training requires developing several Powerpoint presentations and learning game activities.

Interview Questions
    • This is the usual "most difficult student" and transferable experience questions.   Answer Question

Software QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2011.

Interview is very straight forward. Couple of technical questions and most of them were for Quick Test professional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in March 2013.

One phone contact with HR and one phone interview with some developers

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

HR Called to setup pre screening interview

Better pay elsewhere

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in August 2013.

One phone interview with the VP, then they scheduled me for a 3 hour interview, an hour later they changed it to a 4 hour, then another hour later they changed it to a 5 hour interview, then a couple of hours later they changed it to a 8 hours interview, so I asked then why they keep changing the time, they tell me that's their process. (What kind of process is that)
    So I decided not to move forward with the interview, because of their convoluted or lack of process

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are not hard, but their lack of a process is going to kill you in the long run, so be careful of you take a job there   Answer Question

Senior IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in June 2009.

Initially hired after a panel interview with the VP Operations, director of Infrastructure and PMO Director. Salary and benefit expectations were accepted, came on board and a month later everyone on the panel had been terminated

Interview Questions
    • Describe the technical innovation has captured your interest in the last 6 months and how do you see it applied at Apollo?   View Answer
    I said what I wanted and they accepted. The benefits and salary were commensurate with my previous employer for the same position.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in April 2012.

Received email with questionnaire & forms to be filled out and returned prior to phone interview. The 2nd email had day and time of scheduled phone interview. Last interview is in person with Manager and/or Director. If they decide to hire you then you will receive an letter.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Communication was professional and timely. Interview process was fairly routine for this type of position. First interview was with hiring manager plus two senior staff/management personnel. The only negative aspect of the interview experience was the required completion of company forms. The HR representative gave direction to a webpage that listed links to the forms but the links did not work.

Interview Questions
    • One question related to system security which was not my area of expertise.   Answer Question
    Yes I negotiated an additional $5,000 above the original offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2012.

Phone screen, on site.

Interview Questions
    • None, staff doing interview was very junior and seem more worried about their jobs.   View Answer

IT Manager, Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Only promoting internally no external hiring for this position. And we have reasons for everything if you need to know why we dont hire someone from outside for this position.
    No big raise will be given and only internal folks can accept this offer also they know how to treat the employees bad since they have already gone through it while they were juniors.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you need promotion? Will you listen to my commands?   View Answer
    Will I get MAC?