Apollo Education Group Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2011.

lengthy and chaotic. Duplication of information and errors. Received offer, offer was rescinded due to administrative error then offer was remitted 2 weeks later.

Not negotiable

Software QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2011.

Interview is very straight forward. Couple of technical questions and most of them were for Quick Test professional.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in September 2011.

The interview process was a deep drill (atleast for me). I had 3 rounds of technical interview including a Skype interview. The skype interview was a deep drill down. They asked me each and every concept related to Database administration.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me about most of the Oracle RAC and Dataguard concepts   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation Phase. They just presented me an offer and asked me to accept it. I accepted it since they provided me with a good number.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2011.

Phone Screen, Face to face, followed by a Skype interview.
    The hiring teams asked basic Java knowledge questions

The Phone interview was an initial screen asking "tricky" questions from general knowledge out the SCJP exam (this is an individual team member)

Then came a face to face with the hiring team. Two senior developers and one manager.
    This team thought I wasn't a perfect fit for them, but referred me to another team with which I had a Skype interview. i was hired by that team.

I recommend anyone going for a Java interview these days - understand your collections package and you should be good to go. (This comes more out of my overall hiring process last go-around, not just from Apollo group.)

Worked with a recruiter

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in June 2011.

I learned of this position through a current employee. I was contacted almost immediately after applying. The first interview was average and took about an hour. General questions plus some obscure ones to test my thinking. I was asked a lot about my previous experience. I was offered a second interview, which was significantly harder. The interviewer was merciless and showed no emotion, which made me question my qualifications for the position. There was a huge gap after my second interview and an actual offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about teaching a mother something new?   Answer Question

Associate Customer Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2011.

Received acceptance to 1st round of interviews very quickly and was accompanied by a written interview form to be filled out and returned by a certain date. Written interview consisted of 10 behavioral interview questions. Received follow-up email asking for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. This face to face consisted of 10-15 additional behavioral questions. Received follow-up email asking me to come in for a panel interview and a mock customer service call. Panel interview was with the previous recruiter and 4 additional employees with the department. Panel interview consisted of 10-15 more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • This position requires de-escalating and problem solving. Give us two examples of positive positioning while delivering unfavorable information.   Answer Question
    • Your manager will be spending a great deal of time listening to phone calls and coaching you on your interaction with customers. What value do you find in receiving constructive feedback? Please give an example or two of some constructive feedback you have received and how you applied it to your current position.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in December 2010.

Recruited by a recruiting agency and interviewed with a recruiter. Went through a second informal interview, then hired. The process did not take long once approved by the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was whether or not I could handle working more with adult students vs. younger students.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was satisfied with the salary offer as it commensurate with my experience and was aligned with my duties.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2010.

Apollo uses a temporary service to test out employees. Once the temporary service is engaged, a standing metric is used to determine if an offer will be extended or not. Management of the technical support division generally will extend the offer based on personality, metrics and sick time used or not used.

None

IT Manager, Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2010.

1 - Phone Interview by internal recruiter,
    2 - face-to-face interviews with 5 different members of management teams,
    3 - face-to-face interview with hiring director
    Great overview about the vision of the team and the description of the work effort at hand

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would manage QA teams for database, load & performance, security, and functional testing.   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation.

Alumni Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in August 2010.

The hiring process is much different from how it used to be. You have to have a Bachelor's Degree if you want to be in an Advisor position. This should have been a requirement since a long time ago. We used to have to do a presentation on the company and whether we got to the interview was based on that. Now you have to undergo personality and other assessments before you are even offered an interview. The interview has more application based and behavioral type questions such as How did you exemplify courage? Give a specific example of your most challenging time and how you handled it? If you were in blank situation, how would you handle it? What do you want to accomplish in this position? Etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions aren't difficult as long as you do your research of the position you are applying for and have specific examples of how you exemplified certain traits for that position.   Answer Question
    I was not given a fair offer, but I was also naïve at the time it was given. Had I known what I know now I would have counter offered a lot more because this position is not an entry-level position! This position is 4 positions in 1.