Apollo Education Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone screen, on site.

Interview Questions

• None, staff doing interview was very junior and seem more worried about their jobs.   1 Answer

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (New Haven, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

First Interview included a phone screening with a recruiter in Phoenix. We went over my resume and answered behavioral questions. Second Interview was in person and same format, behavioral questions and going over my experience. Third and final interview was to give a presentation on higher education to two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment. And putting together the presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room to negotiate, however I was able to slightly because I did not need medical benefits.

Enrollment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (New Haven, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed three times before being told that the process would move on without being considered for the role. I thought the interview process what very detailed and intentional in finding the right person for the role. I had two phone interviews before it was decided I should meet the hiring manager.

I enjoyed meeting with him and would have really enjoyed working there. I was also suppose to meet with a regional director but she did not join us on that third interview. After a third round and not being able to put my best foot forward to the regional director was a let down. But I am grateful for the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when a subordinate is not meeting expectations?   Answer Question
    • Name a challenging moment when you had to work with someone who is not a direct report.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in April 2012.

Interview

Received email with questionnaire & forms to be filled out and returned prior to phone interview. The 2nd email had day and time of scheduled phone interview. Last interview is in person with Manager and/or Director. If they decide to hire you then you will receive an letter.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Completed online test that included audio-based questions. Make sure you do not have distractions because you only get one try. Behavioral-based telephone interview, followed by panel interview with more behavioral-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Share an example of when you struggled with time management and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

The first part of the interview is a Phone prescreen with the HR department. If you pass this, you move on to a Panel interview with about 5 people. If you are selected for final rounds, you finish with a Face-to-face interview with hiring manager and VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiations.

Campus Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (Waukesha, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

had a phone interview one day was called back next day to set up a phone panel interview the following monday. had the phone panel interview that took an hour and went very well. i was told on the phone that they like everything and that they were going to fly up for a 1v1 interview. fly up on thursday to meetin in person at the campus. Had a great 90 minute interview and was told i had the job verbaly and that it was only contingent on background check and i would hear from someone in about a week. 3 weeks have now gone by and i have called 2 times and now sent 2 emails. Very unperfessional to tell someone they have the job and then disapear and not even send a email.

Interview Questions

• how you would handle dealing with executive management   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager via phone, then in person, then interviewed with several of his peers via phone. He sent me a message that he was pulling an offer together and to expect to hear back shortly. A month went by and I followed up. Finally a couple of weeks later, I heard back with an offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by multiple Skype interviews, followed by an in person interview with the management group for the unit. It was actually a pretty pleasant process, no botch's or that type of stuff.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really hit with any specific question that was difficult, but I had to field questions from multiple people on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward, the only issue was relocation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview with someone who was very unpleasant and seemingly disinterested in being there. From the start, the person went straight to criticism over my past work, following up with questions that were more geared to a developer role. The functional analyst position did not require developer skillset, so this was a bit confusing and overall not a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your software developement experience on a scrum team   1 Answer