Apollo Education Group

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.8

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in June 2011.

I learned of this position through a current employee. I was contacted almost immediately after applying. The first interview was average and took about an hour. General questions plus some obscure ones to test my thinking. I was asked a lot about my previous experience. I was offered a second interview, which was significantly harder. The interviewer was merciless and showed no emotion, which made me question my qualifications for the position. There was a huge gap after my second interview and an actual offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about teaching a mother something new?   Answer Question

Associate Customer Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2011.

Received acceptance to 1st round of interviews very quickly and was accompanied by a written interview form to be filled out and returned by a certain date. Written interview consisted of 10 behavioral interview questions. Received follow-up email asking for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. This face to face consisted of 10-15 additional behavioral questions. Received follow-up email asking me to come in for a panel interview and a mock customer service call. Panel interview was with the previous recruiter and 4 additional employees with the department. Panel interview consisted of 10-15 more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • This position requires de-escalating and problem solving. Give us two examples of positive positioning while delivering unfavorable information.   Answer Question
    • Your manager will be spending a great deal of time listening to phone calls and coaching you on your interaction with customers. What value do you find in receiving constructive feedback? Please give an example or two of some constructive feedback you have received and how you applied it to your current position.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in December 2010.

Recruited by a recruiting agency and interviewed with a recruiter. Went through a second informal interview, then hired. The process did not take long once approved by the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was whether or not I could handle working more with adult students vs. younger students.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was satisfied with the salary offer as it commensurate with my experience and was aligned with my duties.

IT Manager, Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2010.

1 - Phone Interview by internal recruiter,
    2 - face-to-face interviews with 5 different members of management teams,
    3 - face-to-face interview with hiring director
    Great overview about the vision of the team and the description of the work effort at hand

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would manage QA teams for database, load & performance, security, and functional testing.   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2010.

Apollo uses a temporary service to test out employees. Once the temporary service is engaged, a standing metric is used to determine if an offer will be extended or not. Management of the technical support division generally will extend the offer based on personality, metrics and sick time used or not used.

None

Alumni Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in August 2010.

The hiring process is much different from how it used to be. You have to have a Bachelor's Degree if you want to be in an Advisor position. This should have been a requirement since a long time ago. We used to have to do a presentation on the company and whether we got to the interview was based on that. Now you have to undergo personality and other assessments before you are even offered an interview. The interview has more application based and behavioral type questions such as How did you exemplify courage? Give a specific example of your most challenging time and how you handled it? If you were in blank situation, how would you handle it? What do you want to accomplish in this position? Etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions aren't difficult as long as you do your research of the position you are applying for and have specific examples of how you exemplified certain traits for that position.   Answer Question
    I was not given a fair offer, but I was also naïve at the time it was given. Had I known what I know now I would have counter offered a lot more because this position is not an entry-level position! This position is 4 positions in 1.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in August 2010.

Pretty basic interview process with similar 'behavioral' questions throughout the multiple layered stages. The HR and Talent Acquisition people seem very inexperienced and tend to ask a few questions with minimal content. Overall, they could do better (seems very scripted.)

Interview Questions
    • There are a few off topic questions that could lead into 'protected' class areas (re: age, religion, etc..)   Answer Question
    No negotiating at all.... take it or leave it.

Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2010.

My mentor-turned manager opted to let me interview for his old position rather than get a straight promotion. This was a good way to get talent, and since analysts with experience in my field are few and far between I realized competition would not be fierce. The most difficult part of the whole process was dealing with the inept IT recruiter who was frequently absent, would not respond to the hiring managers requests to push paperwork through, or would outright misplace or neglect important parts of the intake process. Everything from management was quick. The bureaucracy imposed by all the DHL refugees and HR made it painful. After a phone interview by the recruiter (who would not understand answers even if they were wrong, btw), I had a panel interview with the hiring manager, a developer, and a QA analyst. They asked technological questions, abstract thought questions, and other questions designed to probe understanding over book answers. Again, everything involving the hiring manager was fantastic. The recruiter and his steps in the process could very well turn off new candidates to Apollo.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a Venn Diagram of a SQL inner join, right join, left join, outer join, and union.   View Answer
    Once-sided. Once I had the offer, the trick was netting a large compensation increase that wouldn't be immediately blocked by HR, no matter what my manager, director, and VP would agree to pay me.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2010.

I did not apply for a job, but rather submitted my resume as a contractor. I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in a full time job.

Interview Questions
    • Now that you know more about what we're trying to do, can you write up a short memo of how you would approach the job?   View Answer
    I was made an offer over the phone and was asked to name my salary. Not knowing that there was a bonus system in place I did not ask for the bonus and was not offered it. Once hired, though I was brought into compliance with my co-workers benefits and was given the bonus. Now, with cut backs I'm not so sure it would go like that.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in May 2010.

I had a phone interview, and it went well. Then I was called in for another interview (Panel) with three people. Then I was moved to speak with my new Director. If was a fairly relaxed process for me.

Interview Questions
    • What type of training do you do outside of your job, that helps you grow, that does not have anything to do with your currently position.   Answer Question
    I asked for more and they told me no.