Apollo Education Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Completed online test that included audio-based questions. Make sure you do not have distractions because you only get one try. Behavioral-based telephone interview, followed by panel interview with more behavioral-based questions.

Interview Question – Share an example of when you struggled with time management and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator II Interview

Systems Administrator II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – First round was a tech screening over the phone, followed by a 3-person panel interview on site. Three days after the interview I received an offer.

Interview Question – How would you approximate the weight of a Boeing 747?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Enrollment Specialist
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – First Interview included a phone screening with a recruiter in Phoenix. We went over my resume and answered behavioral questions. Second Interview was in person and same format, behavioral questions and going over my experience. Third and final interview was to give a presentation on higher education to two hiring managers.

Interview Question – Describe your ideal work environment. And putting together the presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room to negotiate, however I was able to slightly because I did not need medical benefits.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – lengthy and chaotic. Duplication of information and errors. Received offer, offer was rescinded due to administrative error then offer was remitted 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable

Enrollment Manager Interview

Enrollment Manager
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed three times before being told that the process would move on without being considered for the role. I thought the interview process what very detailed and intentional in finding the right person for the role. I had two phone interviews before it was decided I should meet the hiring manager.

I enjoyed meeting with him and would have really enjoyed working there. I was also suppose to meet with a regional director but she did not join us on that third interview. After a third round and not being able to put my best foot forward to the regional director was a let down. But I am grateful for the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation when a subordinate is not meeting expectations?   Answer Question
  • Name a challenging moment when you had to work with someone who is not a direct report.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Product Development
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in June 2011.

Interview Details – I learned of this position through a current employee. I was contacted almost immediately after applying. The first interview was average and took about an hour. General questions plus some obscure ones to test my thinking. I was asked a lot about my previous experience. I was offered a second interview, which was significantly harder. The interviewer was merciless and showed no emotion, which made me question my qualifications for the position. There was a huge gap after my second interview and an actual offer.

Interview Question – How would you go about teaching a mother something new?   Answer Question

Campus Technologist Interview

Campus Technologist
Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2012.

Interview Details – had a phone interview one day was called back next day to set up a phone panel interview the following monday. had the phone panel interview that took an hour and went very well. i was told on the phone that they like everything and that they were going to fly up for a 1v1 interview. fly up on thursday to meetin in person at the campus. Had a great 90 minute interview and was told i had the job verbaly and that it was only contingent on background check and i would hear from someone in about a week. 3 weeks have now gone by and i have called 2 times and now sent 2 emails. Very unperfessional to tell someone they have the job and then disapear and not even send a email.

Interview Question – how you would handle dealing with executive management   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 1:1 interview with someone who was very unpleasant and seemingly disinterested in being there. From the start, the person went straight to criticism over my past work, following up with questions that were more geared to a developer role. The functional analyst position did not require developer skillset, so this was a bit confusing and overall not a very good experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about your software developement experience on a scrum team   View Answer

Associate Customer Resource Specialist Interview

Associate Customer Resource Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in February 2011.

Interview Details – Received acceptance to 1st round of interviews very quickly and was accompanied by a written interview form to be filled out and returned by a certain date. Written interview consisted of 10 behavioral interview questions. Received follow-up email asking for a 1:1 interview with a recruiter. This face to face consisted of 10-15 additional behavioral questions. Received follow-up email asking me to come in for a panel interview and a mock customer service call. Panel interview was with the previous recruiter and 4 additional employees with the department. Panel interview consisted of 10-15 more behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• This position requires de-escalating and problem solving. Give us two examples of positive positioning while delivering unfavorable information.   Answer Question
  • Your manager will be spending a great deal of time listening to phone calls and coaching you on your interaction with customers. What value do you find in receiving constructive feedback? Please give an example or two of some constructive feedback you have received and how you applied it to your current position.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst II Interview

Systems Analyst II
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – My mentor-turned manager opted to let me interview for his old position rather than get a straight promotion. This was a good way to get talent, and since analysts with experience in my field are few and far between I realized competition would not be fierce. The most difficult part of the whole process was dealing with the inept IT recruiter who was frequently absent, would not respond to the hiring managers requests to push paperwork through, or would outright misplace or neglect important parts of the intake process. Everything from management was quick. The bureaucracy imposed by all the DHL refugees and HR made it painful. After a phone interview by the recruiter (who would not understand answers even if they were wrong, btw), I had a panel interview with the hiring manager, a developer, and a QA analyst. They asked technological questions, abstract thought questions, and other questions designed to probe understanding over book answers. Again, everything involving the hiring manager was fantastic. The recruiter and his steps in the process could very well turn off new candidates to Apollo.

Interview Question – Draw a Venn Diagram of a SQL inner join, right join, left join, outer join, and union.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once-sided. Once I had the offer, the trick was netting a large compensation increase that wouldn't be immediately blocked by HR, no matter what my manager, director, and VP would agree to pay me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apollo Education Group