Apollo Education Group Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.6

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

lengthy and chaotic. Duplication of information and errors. Received offer, offer was rescinded due to administrative error then offer was remitted 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I did not apply for a job, but rather submitted my resume as a contractor. I was contacted by a recruiter asking if I would be interested in a full time job.

Interview Questions

• Now that you know more about what we're trying to do, can you write up a short memo of how you would approach the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer over the phone and was asked to name my salary. Not knowing that there was a bonus system in place I did not ask for the bonus and was not offered it. Once hired, though I was brought into compliance with my co-workers benefits and was given the bonus. Now, with cut backs I'm not so sure it would go like that.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

lots of coding questions

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

One phone interview, plus numerous online interviews and unpaid training over several weeks as part of the selection process. On line instruction training simulates on line instruction. On campus instruction training requires developing several Powerpoint presentations and learning game activities.

Interview Questions

• This is the usual "most difficult student" and transferable experience questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apollo Education Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

The interview process was condensed through the use of a placement agancy. The client, Apollo Group, sent a predetermined selection of qualities to the agency which used these identifiers to select potential candidates. The agency's staff conducted the primary interview to gauge interest and sent the candidate to hiring manager the following day. After a sucessful face to face interview was conducted with the hiring manager the offer for employment was extended within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• How can you positively impact the close-knit team environment already established by current employees? How can you interject with your insight while being new to the company and earn respect amongst your peers?   Answer Question
    • How do you plan to establish your role as a "go-to" person while taking on new projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no options presented for negotiation at the time of my hiring. Given my current location and position, I can recommend going straight to the source for hiring to gain leverage in salary negotiations. As Apollo Group is a strictly regulated organization, there is no give-way in benefit negotiations, but bonuses and stock options can be discussed at the proper level. You will rise quickly within the organization if you posess the right qualities, so focus less on salary and more on the comprehensive benefit package rarely offered these days.