Apollo Education Group Software Engineer II Interview Questions

3.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2011.

Phone Screen, Face to face, followed by a Skype interview.
The hiring teams asked basic Java knowledge questions

The Phone interview was an initial screen asking "tricky" questions from general knowledge out the SCJP exam (this is an individual team member)

Then came a face to face with the hiring team. Two senior developers and one manager.
This team thought I wasn't a perfect fit for them, but referred me to another team with which I had a Skype interview. i was hired by that team.

I recommend anyone going for a Java interview these days - understand your collections package and you should be good to go. (This comes more out of my overall hiring process last go-around, not just from Apollo group.)

Worked with a recruiter

Other Interview Reviews for Apollo Education Group

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group.

3 interviews.

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Phone interview consisted of past experience. Interview on site consisted of work situations, technical problems and asked for solutions.

Received better offer

Software Engineer II Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in November 2010.

I got this call through a consultant. The initial phone screen was purely technical on Java concepts, some questions on servlets. Then i was called onsite for a day long interview process. It consisted of 5 interviews. The last one was with a HR and consisted of behavioral questions to find out if i were a good cultural fit for the team they were hiring. My first 4 interviews went very well, so i was pretty confident by the end.
    Questions: Write a program that reverses only consonants in a string.
    Write a join query on multiple tables.
    Write a singleton class.
    Write a program to sort an array of strings using the best performing algorithm of your choice, optimizing for both time and space.
    Few questions on web services, difference between SOAP and REST.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program that reverses only consonants in a string.   View Answer
    • write a program that given a varargs string argument, appends only the number part to the resultant string buffer.   View Answer
    Not much of negotiation took place. They don't entertain it and i was informed about it by the consultant upfront