Apollo Education Group

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Screen, Face to face, followed by a Skype interview.
The hiring teams asked basic Java knowledge questions

The Phone interview was an initial screen asking "tricky" questions from general knowledge out the SCJP exam (this is an individual team member)

Then came a face to face with the hiring team. Two senior developers and one manager.
This team thought I wasn't a perfect fit for them, but referred me to another team with which I had a Skype interview. i was hired by that team.

I recommend anyone going for a Java interview these days - understand your collections package and you should be good to go. (This comes more out of my overall hiring process last go-around, not just from Apollo group.)

Interview Question – ? Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked with a recruiter

Software Engineer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview Details – 3 interviews.

Interview Question – there were good fundamental questions asked.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II

I applied online and interviewed at Apollo Education Group.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of past experience. Interview on site consisted of work situations, technical problems and asked for solutions.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Received better offer

Software Engineer II

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apollo Education Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – I got this call through a consultant. The initial phone screen was purely technical on Java concepts, some questions on servlets. Then i was called onsite for a day long interview process. It consisted of 5 interviews. The last one was with a HR and consisted of behavioral questions to find out if i were a good cultural fit for the team they were hiring. My first 4 interviews went very well, so i was pretty confident by the end.
Questions: Write a program that reverses only consonants in a string.
Write a join query on multiple tables.
Write a singleton class.
Write a program to sort an array of strings using the best performing algorithm of your choice, optimizing for both time and space.
Few questions on web services, difference between SOAP and REST.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that reverses only consonants in a string.   View Answer
  • write a program that given a varargs string argument, appends only the number part to the resultant string buffer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation took place. They don't entertain it and i was informed about it by the consultant upfront

Worked for Apollo Education Group? Contribute to the Community!