Apollo Education Group

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Apollo Education Group in July 2010.

My mentor-turned manager opted to let me interview for his old position rather than get a straight promotion. This was a good way to get talent, and since analysts with experience in my field are few and far between I realized competition would not be fierce. The most difficult part of the whole process was dealing with the inept IT recruiter who was frequently absent, would not respond to the hiring managers requests to push paperwork through, or would outright misplace or neglect important parts of the intake process. Everything from management was quick. The bureaucracy imposed by all the DHL refugees and HR made it painful. After a phone interview by the recruiter (who would not understand answers even if they were wrong, btw), I had a panel interview with the hiring manager, a developer, and a QA analyst. They asked technological questions, abstract thought questions, and other questions designed to probe understanding over book answers. Again, everything involving the hiring manager was fantastic. The recruiter and his steps in the process could very well turn off new candidates to Apollo.

Interview Questions
  • Draw a Venn Diagram of a SQL inner join, right join, left join, outer join, and union.   View Answer
Once-sided. Once I had the offer, the trick was netting a large compensation increase that wouldn't be immediately blocked by HR, no matter what my manager, director, and VP would agree to pay me.