Apollo Interactive Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apollo Interactive

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Interactive (El Segundo, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initially there was a short phone interview. I then met with 3 people - the Account Manager, Group Account Director and Account Executive. They were all very good to get a long with and asked the typical interview questions. After the onsite interview I was asked to do an Excel Proficiency test, I studied a lot and passed with flying colors. Then 3 weeks later I got an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are pretty flexible, after being through a few hiring processes.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apollo Interactive (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I came across the job listing on Craigslist and applied for the position. They had me take a HTML,CSS, JavaScript skills test which was fair enough but seemed like overkill for the particular position I was applying for, which was basically HTML email developer. The interview was short, the interviewer went through a checklist. I did not have the opportunity to ask any questions and he did not ask to look at my portfolio.

PHP Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Apollo Interactive (Culver City, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I got this interview through a technical recruiting company. The first interview consisted of me taking an hour long test that asked me various questions on PHP and SQL. I thought the test was fair. It asked about basic OOP concepts, wrote one SQL query using joins, group by, and having, and it also asked about cURL and web services. I was familiar with this stuff so I thought it was fair. The 2nd interview was also in person and asked about my interest in web technologies and asked a few technical questions. The guys seemed cool.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL statement to construct this table with these options.   1 Answer
    • Write a loop that takes POST data and creates dynamic variables on the fly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I dont think i was able to negotiate. The offer was a 3 year structured plan with bonuses. Decent offer, and I accepted. However, the day before I was going to start, I got a call from my technical recruiter saying that Apollo Interactive could not hire me anymore because the company lost a contract. This was literally the day before, after I told the interviewers that i would need to give a 2 weeks notice to my current job. My technical recruiter told me to cancel any other interviews I had pending at the time I had accepted the job offer. Luckily I didn't listen to him completely and I still did one interview and got an offer. So for those of you going to interview at Apollo Interactive, make sure you have backup interviews planned, since I don't think the company is as stable as it seems. Apparently they only had enough work to hire me for one contract, which never came through, yet the position i was supposed to be hired for was a Full Time with benefits package. Not too good of planning on their part.