Apollo Interactive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Producer Interview

Web Producer
Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Apollo Interactive in January 2012.

Interview Details – I came across the job listing on Craigslist and applied for the position. They had me take a HTML,CSS, JavaScript skills test which was fair enough but seemed like overkill for the particular position I was applying for, which was basically HTML email developer. The interview was short, the interviewer went through a checklist. I did not have the opportunity to ask any questions and he did not ask to look at my portfolio.

Interview Question – Rate your JavaScript skills on a scale of 1-10   Answer Question

PHP Programmer Interview

PHP Programmer
Culver City, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apollo Interactive in October 2010.

Interview Details – I got this interview through a technical recruiting company. The first interview consisted of me taking an hour long test that asked me various questions on PHP and SQL. I thought the test was fair. It asked about basic OOP concepts, wrote one SQL query using joins, group by, and having, and it also asked about cURL and web services. I was familiar with this stuff so I thought it was fair. The 2nd interview was also in person and asked about my interest in web technologies and asked a few technical questions. The guys seemed cool.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL statement to construct this table with these options.   View Answer
  • Write a loop that takes POST data and creates dynamic variables on the fly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I dont think i was able to negotiate. The offer was a 3 year structured plan with bonuses. Decent offer, and I accepted. However, the day before I was going to start, I got a call from my technical recruiter saying that Apollo Interactive could not hire me anymore because the company lost a contract. This was literally the day before, after I told the interviewers that i would need to give a 2 weeks notice to my current job. My technical recruiter told me to cancel any other interviews I had pending at the time I had accepted the job offer. Luckily I didn't listen to him completely and I still did one interview and got an offer. So for those of you going to interview at Apollo Interactive, make sure you have backup interviews planned, since I don't think the company is as stable as it seems. Apparently they only had enough work to hire me for one contract, which never came through, yet the position i was supposed to be hired for was a Full Time with benefits package. Not too good of planning on their part.

Worked for Apollo Interactive? Contribute to the Community!