AppAssure Software Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online – interviewed at AppAssure Software.

For Dell the hiring process is much more lengthy than your normal job. Your resume must be air tight (no fudging). They will check on your criminal past (hope you have none), there is a drug test (standard). They had wanted me to start 30 days out. Instead I had opted to be "fast tracked" and got in there much faster.

Interview Questions
    • "If we were to hire you... what will you bring to the table?"   Answer Question
    fixed rate, that's it

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at AppAssure Software in April 2012.

I submitted my resume. THey called me and asked about myself and background. THey then asked for me to come in for an interview. THe interview was about an hour and a half with two different managers, one the hiring manager and one who would be training me in the future.

Interview Questions

I decided not to do sales. The environment was young..but not a business environment like I was hoping to move into.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at AppAssure Software in February 2012.

Very straight forward. Asked if I was money motivated and high energy. Asked what I did to overcome obstacles in past job projects.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where your group and you did not agree on a direction to take and tell me how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at AppAssure Software in September 2011.

The recruiter called me and told me about the job. Her selling points were "fun atmosphere", "TV with ESPN" in the background, "energetic". I agreed to an interview, with skepticism. The reason for being skeptic is the fact that she was trying to sell me. Usually recruiters come from a standpoint of "what do you have to offer" type of attitude. The fact that she kept reiterating "fun atmosphere" was a foreshadow to when I walked through the door in Reston, VA.

Walking in for the interview I saw.... a call center. Yep, a call center. Not even cubicles to buffer the sound of your cheering neighbor rooting for the Green Bay Packers. There were TVs and music just as she said. People were in t-shirts and people of all varieties. The "energy" that they depicted was not what I imagined. The energy came from noise and movement rather than from synergy, dedication, and passion for their jobs. Each station (table of six) was a team with a team banner above them.

The recruiter was not competent in the product nor the company structure. I ask the following:
    1. After being promoted to Sales Manager, does the manager get a portion of the sales made by his/her team? ANSWER: I don't know. I am not aware of the company structure.

2. After telling me that this is the latest product and they are the only ones with this technology, I asked, "How is this different from Apple's "Time Machine" recovery function for MACs that restores your personal computer?" ANSWER: I am not in I.T. so I can't answer that.

People: These are basic questions. Recruiters should know these answers. Incompetency is dumb.

Afterwards, they had me listen in on phone calls made for 20 minutes. The salesman was your normal salesman trying to make a sell... but I got the feeling that these young guns had no idea about the product. When you pair your young gun eager salesman to sell to a seasoned veteran in IT recovery software, you better know what you're doing. As I listened in on the conversation, the customer explained why they were not the best in the business and that you can't promise a guaranteed 15 minute recovery system, because it depends on multiple factors. After the phone call I completely agreed with the customer and not the salesman. It's true, they are not the best in the business like they preach.

Diagnosis: They suffer from believing that which is told to them over and over without knowing first hand, thus giving in to group think and blindly following management and trying to make a sale.

Interview Questions

Not my desired career path. Hate cold calls. Hate call center sales because it's the most inefficient way to sell and it attracts the uneducated.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AppAssure Software in May 2011.

Contacted by a recruiter and did an initial phone interview where they sold me over and over again on how great the company was and how they had music and TV's. I really didn't care about music and TV's I was more interested in the job itself, daily responsibilities, career advancement and compensation. When I went in for the face to face interview there were no cubicles, everyone sits at tables so management can look at your screen and see what your doing at all times. The manager that interviewed me, told me he was relatively new with the company but he had a lot of sales experience and that he made himself a lot of money. I thought he was bullshitter and was trying to compensate for himself but I listened to what he had to say and answered his questions. I left that day and was called back later with an offer and declined.

Interview Questions

This is a sales role and there is no commission... WTF?!?! Once you reach a certain amount in revenue they just bump your salary $5k. Their product/software looks like it's pretty good but I got the feel of a "Churn & Burn" operation. The company seems cheap and doesn't really want to pay people and appears as though they are preying on recent college grads that will take any job. There are plenty of tech jobs out there so I went with a different company where I actually make commission doing a sales job!

Sales Manager Interview

Process was decent, they asked alot of questions, asked about my experience in sales and cold calling abilities.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at AppAssure Software in February 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on linked in. She scheduled me for a phone interview that week with the VP of their technology division. My phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and the person who spoke to me spoke really bad english. He just asked me a series of questions about my resume and projects. He was not bothered about what I said. He then asked me some questions on c++ for which I answered 3 out of 4 correctly. He was extremely rude and kept interrupting me before I could finish my sentence. When I was answering a question, he interrupted me halfway and asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked him if they had a data center to which he answered, we don't have a data center we are a software company providing "backup"!!! He then said ok I have to go to a meeting and hung up when before I could say goodbye. And needless to say I did not hear back from them. Extremely unprofessional!!