AppDynamics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

3.1

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppDynamics.

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable. I initially had an interview with a couple managers and then a final one-on-one. I learned a lot about AppDynamics and their sales process just from the interview itself. Showing you have knowledge of the company and some of their competitors seemed to really go over well. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest personal achievement? Professional?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Good luck getting a payment from them for making a trip to their office. They will respond to your glassdoor comments with "yeah we're going to improve on that" and that will be it.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to code on their macbooks (I've never used a mac before) on a program which was partly written. I had to "fill in the blanks"   Answer Question

Jun 23, 2015Social Media and Recruiting Coordinator

I'm sorry for the confusion you had with our reimbursements! If you're traveling from afar to our onsite interview, we will book your flights and also, reasonably compensate for your meals. However ... More

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppDynamics.

Interview

Applied online, never heard back.
    Is the kind of company that does not care about closing cycles with applicants. Hopefully the person getting on board will do that for them.

Interview Questions

AppDynamics Response

May 20, 2015College and Internship Programs

I am sorry you did not hear back from us! We do send communications through our applicant tracking system, Jobvite, letting you know that if you are a fit for the position we will be in touch. Please ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter. The recruiter gave an assignment to me which had to be submitted in 4 days. I submitted within a day itself. The assignment was pretty interesting but nothing difficult. Anyone with object oriented knowledge would be able to solve it. Then had 1 technical interview and the interviewer asked me about the assignment. Since he liked my assignment the interview was over within 10 min and I was called onsite for 5 interviews.

The first technical interview had to do pair programming with the interviewer. I could do it nicely and the interview went pretty good. I was asked to write code for postfix calculator.

I had a lunch with the second interviewer. He walked into the room and said that lets have a problem discussion and then we will go for a lunch.

The interview went little rough from my end. I was asked 1 question about deep cloning of graph and had to write the pseudo code for it. I didn't do that great but could write the code with his help.
    The interviewer was rude and he asked if i do write recursions and graph problems with my work.
    My answer was no, and this took the interviewer to surprise.
    I am not clear why he got surprised because I doubt how many people do write graphs and recursions in their day to day work.
    I was asked by him that I am not a good match and hence my interview day was over at that point itself.

It is absolutely fine if a interviewer finds that the interviewee is not a good match but here are my problems with the attitude of the interview process :

1. If a single person decides that I am not a good match, then why does he keep 5 interviews?

2. Again if a single person's decision is final, then he should also do the telephonic screening before calling the person onboard.

3. He not only wasted my time, but he did waste the time of the person who did my phn screening and the first interview.

I know these guys are doing great, but they should respect other people's time and be a little modest with the way they are treating people. This is not a correct way of carrying interview process.

Interview Questions

• Write a postfix calculator   1 Answer
    • Pseudo code for deep cloning of graph   1 Answer

May 20, 2015College and Internship Programs

Firstly, I would like to apologize for your negative experience, I will definitely sync up with the engineering hiring managers to relay your takeaways. Secondly, I would like to thank you for your ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Not too difficult. General algorithms and data structures. General Networking questions. Focus on basic TCP/IP concepts, wireless protocols knowledge. Practise interview questions from careercup or geeksforgeeks. This is all you need to be here !!

Customer Success Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppDynamics (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Worst coordinated interview ever in my life. The recruiter doesn't know what she is doing. She send a mail that there will be interview and then cancels again. Complete waste of time and energy. There were 4 rounds of interview. 2 technical and 2 general. The interview with the hiring manager was good.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions. nothing unusual. They ask the same questions to everyone to attends the interview.   Answer Question

Jun 23, 2015Social Media and Recruiting Coordinator

I sincerely apologize that you felt like you were wasting your time. Because of the intense coordination involved with scheduling a panel interview, we had to reschedule so you could meet with all of ... More

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AppDynamics.

Interview

Phone interview including google docs.
    The interviewer seemed to think the solution was ok, but since it was on Google Docs, it was difficult to get the syntax correct, and since he wanted the code to be in Java, he did not tell me the syntax should be perfect, so i just skipped over some sytax. for feed back afterwards, said my solution was good, but my coding was rusty, so they would want to do another interview. i did not set up another interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked a few tech questions, the did a programming exercise.

Implement LRU cache
      Asked to write code to implement LRU cache. I asked if using a hash, and linked list for the queue would be a good solution before I started. The interviewer was difficult to understand, not the best english. As I wrote the program, he would review each section, but would accidentally delete some of the code, not sure what he was doing. He asked me to fix what he deleted, it was pretty frustrating.

1 Answer

May 20, 2015College and Internship Programs

I am sorry that you had a negative interview experience and did not wish to move forward with the interview process. We generally do 1-2 phone interviews before bringing candidates onsite, so asking ... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppDynamics (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic Algorithms and data structures. Instead of data structure or algorithm concepts they are more interested in language syntax (collection package etc) where no intelligence required....Few Interviewers were gentlemen and open for new ideas. One Interviewer was really a close minded guy with predefined answers in his mind. He was more interested in Higher level language syntax instead of algorithm or data structures. Was not at all encouraging and not allowing to think creatively.

Interview Questions

• Hashset class implementation, Graph application. Syntax of Java priority Q syntax :)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppDynamics in February 2015.

Interview

I applied the job on the website. After several days the HR contacted me and talked a little bit about my background. Then she scheduled two telephone interview for me. After I finished the first interview I was told that the second interview was canceled. And the first interviewer gave me a negative feedback.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AppDynamics (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

First ask me if I have some question about their company, he answer by telling me how may tpyes of groups in the workflow. Then he just gives me two programming questions, with paper and pen, I need to write my algorithm and communicate with him.

Interview Questions

• 1. return the substring from string array according to given prefix   Answer Question