Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AppFolio
- Software Engineer (15)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Sales Development Representative (2)
- Software QA Engineer (1)
- QA Tester (1)
- Director (1)
- Customer Success Manager (1)
- Relationship Manager (1)
- User Experience Designer (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
- On-Boarding Specialist (1)
- Agile Facilitator (1)
- Business Developer - Inside Sales (1)
- Client Account Representative (1)
- Implementation Manager (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer I (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in March 2015.
Three step interview process. Landed initial interview through an on campus career fair at UCSB. Came in for a two segment interview at the Appfolio the first time. Met with the Director of Customer Success, and then a Customer Success Manager. Was called back in to shadow a Customer Success employee a few weeks later, and then went through another brief interview with a different Customer Success Manager. Then received one final phone call from the Director of Customer Success with the job offer. Whole process from career fair to job offer to about a month and a half.
- Where do you plan to live after graduating. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in December 2011.
The process is lengthy and you'll interview with several people. Often the questions are highly technical, even if the job doesn't demand that knowledge. They'll have you in to meet several people and you'll be starving by the time they release you to get out the door before asking you back to do it again.
- When the instructions "make me a sandwich" were given. Why didn't sudo make the sandwich? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
very uptight, a lot of politics, management takes itself very seriously. Building is a storage box, no windows, giant hot box of a building and you just look at everybody across desks, no sense of your own space
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in September 2011.
The interview process for the on-boarding specialist role entails meeting with the VP, and respective directors of the Value Added departments. If you are considered a good fit for the position you will be asked to sit in with one of the specialist so that they can show you a day in the life. Be nice to your specialist because they will be reporting directly to the VP or the director to determine if they believe you will be a good fit on the team.
- Questions vary and the idea is to identify if you have good interpersonal skills, and effective verbal communication. Be natural and you will do well. AppFolio does not ask what your spirit animal is or anything strange, but be prepared to explain a situation you were able to effectively handle a customer concern. Answer Question