Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AppFolio
- Software Engineer (20)
- Sales Development Representative (8)
- Onboarding Specialist (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- Client Account Representative (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Engineer (2)
- QA Tester (1)
- Director (1)
- Customer Success (1)
- Customer Success Manager (1)
- Web Production Specialist (1)
- Relationship Manager (1)
- Network Engineer (1)
- User Experience Designer (1)
- User Researcher (1)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (1)
- QA Engineer (1)
- Customer Success Associate (1)
- SDR (1)
- Associate Product Manager (1)
- Implementation Manager (1)
- Staff Accountant (1)
- Software Engineer I (1)
- Onboarding (1)
- Customer Success Representative (1)
- On-Boarding Specialist (1)
- Agile Facilitator (1)
- Business Developer - Inside Sales (1)
- Value Added Services (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in August 2015.
First, you need to answer two short questions about SaaS and why you want to work there. Then if they like it, you interview with the senior cs manager, then some other managers, and finish off by shadowing with a cs associate.
- What do you think of this company? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in June 2015.
15 min phone call with the recruiter who then setup a second phone interview with the VP of Customer Experience for that position. I was then informed via email that they decided to go with another candidate who was a referral (probably the guy below me...so, KNOW SOMEONE AT THE COMPANY FIRST!)
- How much I make at my current job? Why I want to make the job change? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in May 2015.
one phone interview over go to meeting. was referred to this position after being denied for another one. Make sure you have questions to ask about the position, the part you will be playing, the culture, and the success of the company. This position is largely customer service based so make sure you show the importance of assessing situations and making recommendations, and also catering to the customer.
- what do you now about app folio? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in May 2015.
Applied and heard back about a month later. Had a phone interview,and a week later was called in for an hour to meet 2 more managers, one for added values services one for website services. Was called in again a week later to do "shoulder surfing" where you shadow people on the team. I got a called a week later and was informed I was not going to be offered this position, but they offered me a different position which I accepted. Basically know the company, know the Added Values department, and be able to show that you can work as a team, you're an effective communicator, and you now Photoshop, HTML, and Wordpress.
- Tell me about a time where you had to engage in teamwork Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in March 2015.
Three step interview process. Landed initial interview through an on campus career fair at UCSB. Came in for a two segment interview at the Appfolio the first time. Met with the Director of Customer Success, and then a Customer Success Manager. Was called back in to shadow a Customer Success employee a few weeks later, and then went through another brief interview with a different Customer Success Manager. Then received one final phone call from the Director of Customer Success with the job offer. Whole process from career fair to job offer to about a month and a half.
- Where do you plan to live after graduating. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in May 2013.
The interview process was easy to a sense that you were prepared and ready for any question possible. You must do your research, your homework, practice talking in front of a mirror, and make sure you are well dressed. It started with a referral from a friend, a phone screening, then an in office interview. I heard within a week that I got the job. It was exciting! The overall experience was easy and informative.
- What do you personally look for most in a company? 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in December 2011.
The process is lengthy and you'll interview with several people. Often the questions are highly technical, even if the job doesn't demand that knowledge. They'll have you in to meet several people and you'll be starving by the time they release you to get out the door before asking you back to do it again.
- When the instructions "make me a sandwich" were given. Why didn't sudo make the sandwich? 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
very uptight, a lot of politics, management takes itself very seriously. Building is a storage box, no windows, giant hot box of a building and you just look at everybody across desks, no sense of your own space
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Goleta, CA) in September 2011.
The interview process for the on-boarding specialist role entails meeting with the VP, and respective directors of the Value Added departments. If you are considered a good fit for the position you will be asked to sit in with one of the specialist so that they can show you a day in the life. Be nice to your specialist because they will be reporting directly to the VP or the director to determine if they believe you will be a good fit on the team.
- Questions vary and the idea is to identify if you have good interpersonal skills, and effective verbal communication. Be natural and you will do well. AppFolio does not ask what your spirit animal is or anything strange, but be prepared to explain a situation you were able to effectively handle a customer concern. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review