AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.1

QA Tester Interview

This manager of this company is a graduate from UCSB, so if you are a student from UCSB and looking for jobs, you'd better have a try. I have experience three rounds of interviews, including a telephone interview and two on-site interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most part is form a CS Phd, and he asked me one logical question. This question aimed to test if you are a quick learner. But I failed   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

on campus recruiting but still need to apply online. They give me a phone interview but later they don't want to forward the interview.

Sales Development Representative Interview

They were nice on the phone. I got a call within a few weeks of submitting an application. They are a small startup that is looking to grow their business and want to have entry level people to help them grow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about Appfolio and how you would make a cold call   Answer Question

Client Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AppFolio in May 2010.

I was reached out to via a recruiter to see if I would be interested in moving to AppFolio from my current position. I met with the CFO, toured the facility and discussed the opportunity at hand. My experience was pretty casual and I wouldn't consider it a formal review.

Interview Questions
    • How I could contribute to this new position incorporating my past experience to apply to this very different oppotunity   Answer Question

It was a big change in positions for me from my current employer at the time and I was very happy where I was. The offer was decent and the company looked like a really fun place to work. I wasn't motivated by it to move from where I wast though.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at AppFolio in August 2011.

This was way back and the processes have changed. My interview was phone and skype video call. None of the questions stood out. Sort of white bread and standard. I got the impression they were looking for a happy, cheerleader type of personality, so I went with it and got the job. I'm sure that's changed by now. Just be good looking, perky and laugh a lot and you'll get the job.

None

Agile Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

They admittedly weren't sure what they were looking for in terms of this position and future company growth. I'm guessing by interviewing a variety of candidates they were able to say "yay" or "nay" until they found what they think would fit best. It was excessive to have 8 interviews with 10 employees, so I just had to look at it from the perspective that I was meeting new people and gaining interview experience. In some ways, I feel like my interviews drove a more serious look within the company to figure out what they really wanted. Glad I could help :)

Interview Questions
    • They were looking at all overall background and experience. They desired someone with experience in an agile development environment. I was given feedback indicating they were interested in someone with a proved track record in education and/or coaching others. They seemed less interested in someone who might be familiar with software engineers and other technical positions even though the role would involve facilitating and interacting most with this type of employee.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in January 2013.

It is quite a standard interview process. It emphasizes a lot on the breadth rather than the depth of knowledge in CS. All coding questions are reasonable and fair. From HR to CEO, all people there are very helpful and friendly. Their products are also very promising and starting to get a lot of revenue.

Interview Questions
    • Various types of sorting algorithms and their complexity. Process of a URL being entered to a page rendered to users.   Answer Question

This is my first offer and given the fact that this is a startup company and the pay is a bit below average.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AppFolio in February 2014.

Staff I interviewed with were very flaky. Multiple staff members missed interview times on multiple occasions with me and my references that they requested to speak to. Interview process took 60+ days. They NEVER communicated to me when they said they would. During interviews when I asked product folks about how they were improving their product (site filled with obvious bugs, non functional App.) they all changed subject to discuss another product they were working on. Would be a good work place for younger professionals who like to play with nerf guns but does not appear to be a good place for seasoned professionals. Smart engineering team seems to run the show. Seems to be some process work issues between design and Eng. teams Overall, Nice people and they all seem to enjoy working together but lack serious professional experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to provide a heuristic review of their products. and presented my findings.   View Answer

On-Boarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in September 2011.

The interview process for the on-boarding specialist role entails meeting with the VP, and respective directors of the Value Added departments. If you are considered a good fit for the position you will be asked to sit in with one of the specialist so that they can show you a day in the life. Be nice to your specialist because they will be reporting directly to the VP or the director to determine if they believe you will be a good fit on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions vary and the idea is to identify if you have good interpersonal skills, and effective verbal communication. Be natural and you will do well. AppFolio does not ask what your spirit animal is or anything strange, but be prepared to explain a situation you were able to effectively handle a customer concern.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

The interview process was easy and was not overwhelming. I was a bit nervous going in, but when things got rolling everything was pretty smooth. No questions that were out of the ordinary and got straight to the point.