AppFolio

AppFolio Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AppFolio in March 2014.

Appfolio wants to hire good people that can collaborate with fellow co-workers while also working in an agile environment. As part of the hiring process, they will bring you in for an initial assessment/basic interview regarding your skills/resume/etc. There are a few follow up interviews that test your personality, your skills and attitude. Overall, a good interview experience, although felt long at times.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't encounter any difficult questions in the interview. Nothing out of the ordinary that threw me off.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event
    - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days
    - One phone call for resume discussion
    - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio in August 2014.

Very Exciting. Talk about some basic data structures. And the interivewer ask me some questions about BST tree. And use Triney tree to implement that. And also he asked me to convert a string to a number without using parserInt function in java.

Software Engineer Interview

Three interviews. First one has two general coding questions, listing all the prime numbers. Second one is about software design and computer network fundamentals like http, tcp protocols. There is a question like, what will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter. The third one is basically describe your project and explain your code on github.

Interview Questions
    • For the question "when will happen when you click www.google.com and press enter", you are supposed to give a lot of details, like TCP, IP, HTTP, DNS, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in October 2014.

Applied online for the Software Engineer Intern position and within approximately a week I had a initial phone screen with a member of the HR team. She was very kind and after that she set me up with a one hour technical phone interview with a senior member of the engineering team. The technical phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and covered questions on my background as well as questions relating to sorting, data management, and object-oriented programming. I was rejected at the end of the technical interview, but the interviewer was very nice about it.

Interview Questions
    • Related to sorting an array based on given specifications without creating any new data structures.   Answer Question

Agile Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Site (Ghana)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

They admittedly weren't sure what they were looking for in terms of this position and future company growth. I'm guessing by interviewing a variety of candidates they were able to say "yay" or "nay" until they found what they think would fit best. It was excessive to have 8 interviews with 10 employees, so I just had to look at it from the perspective that I was meeting new people and gaining interview experience. In some ways, I feel like my interviews drove a more serious look within the company to figure out what they really wanted. Glad I could help :)

Interview Questions
    • They were looking at all overall background and experience. They desired someone with experience in an agile development environment. I was given feedback indicating they were interested in someone with a proved track record in education and/or coaching others. They seemed less interested in someone who might be familiar with software engineers and other technical positions even though the role would involve facilitating and interacting most with this type of employee.   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at AppFolio in August 2011.

This was way back and the processes have changed. My interview was phone and skype video call. None of the questions stood out. Sort of white bread and standard. I got the impression they were looking for a happy, cheerleader type of personality, so I went with it and got the job. I'm sure that's changed by now. Just be good looking, perky and laugh a lot and you'll get the job.

None

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio.

The interview process was easy and was not overwhelming. I was a bit nervous going in, but when things got rolling everything was pretty smooth. No questions that were out of the ordinary and got straight to the point.

On-Boarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio in September 2011.

The interview process for the on-boarding specialist role entails meeting with the VP, and respective directors of the Value Added departments. If you are considered a good fit for the position you will be asked to sit in with one of the specialist so that they can show you a day in the life. Be nice to your specialist because they will be reporting directly to the VP or the director to determine if they believe you will be a good fit on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions vary and the idea is to identify if you have good interpersonal skills, and effective verbal communication. Be natural and you will do well. AppFolio does not ask what your spirit animal is or anything strange, but be prepared to explain a situation you were able to effectively handle a customer concern.   Answer Question