AppFolio Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process, start by getting a screen. Then you move into a in person interview with a tour around. Great young atmosphere, communication breakdown with final interview to offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, asked a lot of personality questions. Started with a screening, then went to a 1-1 interview where we talked about the culture of the company and what they did. Then went forward with more questions and then was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out compared to others applying for the same positon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AppFolio (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They had a phone screening, an in-person interview in Dallas and then one more final interview. They said they would keep me updated and asked when I was ready to work so I took this as a positive sign. A couple weeks have passed and I didn't get a single reply from them. I even emailed and called. There was not even a "sorry, you didn't get the job." All in all, even if the interview process was good, there was never any response from the company.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening and was told about the job, benefits and salary to expect to see if it was in line with what I was looking for. During the screening I was then briefed about how I could prepare for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. About a week after the phone interview I had my interview with the hiring manager. Was a laid-back environment, I was told not to dress too formally as it was an easy-going company. The second interview took about an hour and a half and I spoke with the hiring manager as well as a senior SDR. The hiring manager asked a lot of questions about my background as well as went over the sales development cycle which AppFolio employs and then asked if I needed any further explanation on it. I was then interviewed by a senior SDR and was asked questions more surrounding whether I would be a cultural fit, what I liked to do for fun, etc. I was asked by the hiring manager when I would be available to start (which I took as a good sign) and then later told by the senior SDR that they'd be sure to tell the hiring manager I had their approval and asked what my start date was (which I said I wasn't formally offered anything yet but told them the tentative start date the hiring manager mentioned to me). I spoke to the hiring manager once again at the end of the interview process and was told he had various other interviews to conduct but wanted me to email him a summary of what we talked about and what I learned during the interview and why I believe I would be the best fit for the position and why Appfolio in general. A few days later I received an email from the hiring manager stating he would like to do some role play activities with cold calling and gave me a script to study. A time and date was setup for the role play which took about 20 minutes and I was then asked if I would be willing to accept an offer if given one. I replied that I would and was told I should be contacted by the end of the week. A week and a half later I received an email saying I was not offered the job. I felt the overall interview process went well and I received a lot of positive feedback so I was somewhat shocked at the no offer. However a week later I was contacted again by the head of their MyCase division saying they heard great things about me from the previous hiring manager I spoke to and would like to bring me in for an interview with their other division.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AppFolio and our competitors?   Answer Question
    • How many outbound calls and emails are you capable of sending out a day?   1 Answer
    • What are 3 of your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

The interview process was easy and was not overwhelming. I was a bit nervous going in, but when things got rolling everything was pretty smooth. No questions that were out of the ordinary and got straight to the point.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AppFolio in June 2014.

Interview

An on-site interview with the SDR Manager followed with an interview with the Inside Sales Manager. The SDR manager asked very hard questions about my sales acumen, and why I was a fit for the job, while the Inside Sales manager asked me about life experiences, who I was, interesting things on my resume, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself? Q: Tell me about your sales experience? Q: What do you know about AppFolio? Q: Why are you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

They were nice on the phone. I got a call within a few weeks of submitting an application. They are a small startup that is looking to grow their business and want to have entry level people to help them grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about Appfolio and how you would make a cold call   Answer Question