AppFolio Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Pitts, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an call in a week. HR was nice and chatted with me friendly. We set up a technical interview in next week even the time changed once. The questions are mentioned before but not specified. The director of engineer is also nice. The whole process lasts one hour and use skype and google docs.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose appfolio, projects you love. You will be given an API which would offers you 50 restaurants in an area. And you have four coordinates for a rectangle, how you will get all the restaurants in this area. Give you an array of integer, find all the prime number in this array.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AppFolio

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

3 steps, talked with 2 HR and the director of engineering. They were very friendly, definitly seemed to be a very good company. The 3rd person showed me the office, which I thought very nice of him. Definitly is a place that I would like to work.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is primary key? 2) How to search for a value that is avaliable on a third table but you need to check for ID on table 1 and 2?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Was called after attending an information session. Got a call from a recruiter. Did not have a lot of background in the related software position and was asked about this.

Interview Questions

• What other projects related to the position have you done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through a college job fair. Recruiter contacted me about a week later and arranged a phone interview with the team that was hiring. I then went to an on site technical interview in Santa Barbara. It was a half day, and there were three different interviews. One behavioral/resume related. The other two technical.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Apply online and be contacted with hr in one week. Talking with hr about background and questions like whether have other offer. Then 3 round of phone interview, each around 1hour through skype. Some basic question based on your resume and one or two coding question about algorithm. If you already have an offer, told hr and she would help you to accelerate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• firstly some question about experience and projects on resume. Then coding question like find top 3 element in an array. The third round, was given a api which can get top 50 resturants in an area, need to find all resturants. Implement in both recursive and non recursive way.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Received a call from a recruiter about a week later asking to set up a screening about my resume and interests. Set up a date for a technical interview which was fairly straightforward about sorting arrays and software design patterns.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you press the submit button on a website (networking question TCP/IP stuff)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AppFolio.

Interview

Applied on line, the entire process took 3 wks. 1 week after aplication, contacted by recruiter. Talked about the company, project and resume, as well as the tool they were using. Then the phone interview, asked a coding question about recursion and how to persistent the state of the object used in the question. Rejected in the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AppFolio in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a few days. Initial phone screen to discuss my resume, after which we set up a technical phone interview with an engineer. Good interview experience, just got stumped on a technical question.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview with HR about behavior questions, and other 3-turn interviews with engineer, leader engineer and CTO. All the questions are not so difficult, but tricky. Just to make sure your codes are clean enough without bugs!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

- Submitted resume at Career Fair Event - Got back pretty quickly in 2 - 3 days - One phone call for resume discussion - One remote interview on Skype with Technical Lead