Appalachian State

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Appalachian State

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Appalachian State in December 2011.

The faculty and dean of the school to which I applied went out of their way to make me feel welcome. They took a great deal of time from their busy schedules to meet with me and make sure that I was comfortable. They listened carefully to me and offered many opportunities for me to get my questions answered. Overall, it was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

I applied in-person – interviewed at Appalachian State in September 2011.

I was asked to meet with a particular person in my department after I expressed interest in employment with the department while attending graduate school. I believe graduate students in the Technology Department are ideally paired up with a professor or mentor whose research interests are aligned with the student. My background enabled me to get involved in some building science research.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your computer programming background.   View Answer
    No negotiation. the pay is standard for everyone.

Student Worker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Appalachian State in September 2010.

They as about my previous work experience. They were impressed. Only asked me a couple general questions. They called me back 15 minutes later to work for them. It was the first job I applied for after arriving to campus, so I accepted.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, even if you were paid more at former positions. 7.25 is now the minimum wage in NC. They use to pride their selves on this 7.25 being above the minimum until it became the minimum.