Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at AppceleratorMore
- No Offer
I had one behavioral interview where they wanted to get to know me. Then they gave me one technical interview to test my knowledge. Then they flew me out for a full day of interviews.
- How and why would you employ load balancing? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Appcelerator.
quick, fair, and detailed.
- Interview process was very straight forward. Answer Question
Very straight forward. Simple, sweet, and to the point. Comp plans are very fair and very competitive
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Appcelerator (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2013.
Inefficient 5 week long interview process. Personality test, phone interview, in-person interview w/ the sales dir and sales lead, over the phone sales pitch to the sales dir and sales lead, and executive interview w/ VP of Sales, VP of Marketing, VP of Product, and CTO. The next and last interview was supposed to be in person w/ the CEO. I rec'd an email from the external recruiter saying they decided to pass. Are you kidding me? After 5 wks and hours of meeting, they said they're passing w/out any other feedback. Completely unprofessional.
- The questions were pretty standard: sales quota attainment, what is your 90 day plan, are you a risk-taker (explain), are you adaptable to change, etc... The worst question came from the VP of Marketing - if you were in the marketing dept what would be the best ways to reach developers? I felt like saying "I'm interviewing for the sales role, marketing is your job". Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Appcelerator.
Interview process incorporated an initial phone interviewed with the hiring manager.
- Tell me about a time where you had little information from the customer but needed to provide something compelling to the from a sales orientation. How did you proceed and what was the result? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review