Appco Group

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Appco Group in July 2014.

Interview Details – They really make it seem you are going to be doing "marketing" when on reality, you are interviewed in this professional looking office to be a door-to-door salesperson. For the second day, It is an observation day where you go door to door trying to sell something that no one wants to buy, however they "train" you to say "we aren't selling anything". The women who would have been my manager if I had accepted the position was very unprofessional and smoked like a chimney the whole time.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. They will hire anyone because the need people to complete their pyramid.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I didn't receive a degree to be a) an annoying salesperson b) be "trained" and "managed" by some of the least professional people. On second interview, I had to walk door to door for 8 hours in the heat. Not my idea of a career for not enough pay.

Sales and Marketing Field Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Appco Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online through craigslist and got a call for an interview a day later. Went to their office for an interview with the manager and got invited to do an observation day. The observation day consisted of following a team manager to do door to door sales. At the end of the day, you are given a test and have a short second interview with the management. If you get an 80% and the team manager likes you, they offer you a position.

Interview Question – Interviews consisted of the standard interview questions. There was nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The initial interviews promise you the world: good salary, bonuses, quality bonuses, easy promotions, fun environment, etc. After observation day, I learned that work days are over 12-13 hours and that your base salary is paying you less than minimum wage with that many hours. Most of your money is made through commission. Your job mostly consists of doing door to door sales. Lastly, they did not offer any benefits or job security.

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Appco Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, One on One interview, Company Assessment, telephone interview

Interview Question – Where away from work that i had performed in a pressured situation, and info about the company   Answer Question

Interviewed at Appco Group

Interview Details – Starts off with a sit down interview. Then you spend an entire day on the field with a current employee to see how everything works. Finally, one last interview to seal the deal.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Costumer Service Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Appco Group in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a group interview at a seeing company. they filled the room and the recruiter gave an emotional and rousing speech. Very little information about the actual job was discussed until well into the group interview, maybe 45mins. Two high level executives were present for the interview which made it seem even more legitimate. We were then asked 1 question.

Interview Question – If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – the job has no set hours and you are basicalky begging for people to donate to various charities on the street in NYC

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Appco Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely nice people, however they neglect to mention that the first few months of work will require extensive out-of-office promotion.

Interview Question – Nothing Really   Answer Question

B2B Sales Interview

B2B Sales
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Appco Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – It's a cult and totally rap

Interview Question – Do not be fooled by them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It is one big scheme.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interviewed at Appco Group

Interview Details – The hiring process is essentially 3 rounds. Firstly, they call you and ask you about your resume, lasts around 10 minutes. It is just to make sure you can speak the language properly. You are then asked to come into for an interview where all your interviewer does is explain to your why a short interview is no good, and asks you to come again another day for a 2 hour sit down. They use the 2 hour sit down to gauge whether you suitable for sales, but always avoid your questions about the job description.

Interview Question – Everything is very stock standard. They ask behavioral questions only.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was not looking for a door to door sales job.

Sales and Marketing Field Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Appco Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – Questions were of average difficulty such as what will you do if if your team members fight with each other & you are the team leader? what there if you are offered with good salary but company policy is somewhat against your morals?

Interview Question – Law of Averages.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a very good company if you are looking for career in sales & marketing. Lots of energy inside office.

Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Appco Group in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call to see if I still was looking for a job, I got a invite to a Company Presentation, I got asked if it sounded interesting and what made me want this job and than my expectations, than I got to go on a day called "observation day" so I get to see what the job really was about and if I was interested I could get the job cause they thought I was qualified.

Interview Question – Nothing really, just be personal and honest of why you want the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest, don't accept the job if you doesn't think it's something you'll like!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Appco Group

Worked for Appco Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Appco Group interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Appco Group employees and interview candidates.