Appco Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Appco Group.

Interview

The person who interviewed me went a little over my application and resume but very briefly since there were other applicants, they'll ask a few questions while going over it as well. It was a very simple and fast paced interview. They don't really take that much time to get to know you on the first interview. If they feel your personality suits their company or role you're apply for then you will be invited back to shadow over an employee to get a feel of the company. After the day of shadowing, you will be either be invited to join the company or declined.

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Appco Group (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There are 3 phases. Phase 1 was more meet and greet with abit of explanation of the company and their recruitment process. Phase 2 took 1-2 hours to complete where I was told a more in depth look at the the company with an assesment given and an offer at the end of the day.

Brand Ambassdor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Appco Group (Pasadena, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was easy going, nothing difficult just reply with confidence. I applied through Linkedin and got an email after 4-5 days and fixed up first interview. After that first round they told me that I have been shortlisted for second round and have to come next day and they will explain in detail what company does .

Interview Questions

• Current job/ Title/ Duties/ Why do you want to join this company   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Appco Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

There is a short preliminary interview, lasting about 15 mins. very easy. Then the second round interview they would assign a manger to talk with you, one on one. Introduce you their company, this position. But it's really sales based.

Manager Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Appco Group (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Decided not to go when asked for base salary and was told $35/day plus commission. Thanks to other Glassdoor reviewers who helped save me a lot of time. If you don't like pyramid schemes, this is not the job for you.

When they told me I had great interpersonal skills, I should have known it's a scam. Seeing as my parents don't even think I'm good with other people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Appco Group.

Interview

I submitted my resume via Craigslist and received a phone call for an immediate interview a few days later. Woman I spoke to on the phone was very nice. At the interview itself I had to fill out an application. A man asked me a few questions about my past work experience and what makes me qualified for this postion. At the end I was asked to come in for a second interview as soon as possible. Basically, to see what exactly is it that they do (11-8) and I declined. Although the concept of promoting charities is nice, I'm not a fan of walking from door to door so I declined.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from all of the rest of the candidates   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Applied online, few hours later I got a call for a really easy interview when they told me about the company. The girl didn't want to hear much about what I had to say. I was then invited for a interview at the office in the next 2 days. While researching about the company, I decided to decline the offer.

Didn't feel I was the best candidate for the position.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Appco Group (Pasadena, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online after seeing a Craigslist post. I sent in my resume and received and 2 emails and a voice mail the same day (all within 2 hours of each other).

They told me: "We received your submitted resume and the Sales Manager and I are interested in meeting with you for an interview. We compared your resume to others we have received and feel as though you have the right skill set and experience that we are looking for in an employee."

The next day I called them back. An extremely nice assistant greeted me and scheduled an interview for 5pm (red flag?).

I drive into town and walk into the office. The office was very open, with loud music playing and an attractive woman to greet you as you walk in. Next I filled in the application. Very standard with questions asking why you are interested in "marketing".

Then I was invited back to meet with the Sales Manger. Nice suit and extremely personable guy. We talked, he asked about my work experience, my strength and weaknesses,s and where I see myself in 5 years.

The interview took no more than 20-25 minutes (red flag) and before I new it he extended the offer to come back for a second interview where I would "shadow" this manager. I accepted and walked out of the office on top of the world.

This guy was one hell of a salesman. He knew exactly how to build me up. Now that I think about it he was very passive and didn't seem genuinely interested in what I had to say. Also there was no talk of pay, which is fine. But he didn't leave space for me to ask any questions about the company (red flag). Interviews are a two way street. Both parties should know what they are getting themselves into. This company did not seem transparent at all and my gut (and reviews from Glassdoor) led me to decline the second interview. I encourage all to read reviews on this company.

If you are/ want to be a salesperson this maybe the job for you. Because they are good...really good.

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Appco Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I emailed after I read a Craigslist posting for a full time entry marketing and sales job in Manhattan. I called shortly after, very friendly, set up an interview. OK. Then I came to the office, sparse, with a TV thumping techno music (should've been my first clue). I was interviewed by a very friendly manager who really seemed to like me and told me I'd been "shortlisted" to come back the following Monday to "shadow" an employee. Sounded all above board.

Turns out what you're really doing is going to door to door. This was never mentioned in any way, shape, or form. I was wearing a suit in my initial interview, and was told to dress in similar clothes for this "shadowing"- which was in fact 3 hours of walking around a New York suburb knocking on doors.

Interview Questions

Because I was led to believe this was an office-work situation, not being a door to door salesman like this was 1934.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Appco Group.

Interview

I was sought out by this company and under the impression that this was a viable career option. The interview was extremely brief with little details regarding exactly what the job was. Although the administrative assistant was very pleasant, as the interviewer, I didn't feel this is the career setting that I am looking for. I was invited back the next day for the final interview stage and instructed, as the interviewer walked away, to bring comfortable shoes "as there will be lots of walking."