Appco Group

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Applied online, few hours later I got a call for a really easy interview when they told me about the company. The girl didn't want to hear much about what I had to say. I was then invited for a interview at the office in the next 2 days. While researching about the company, I decided to decline the offer.

Didn't feel I was the best candidate for the position.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Appco Group in November 2014.

I applied online after seeing a Craigslist post. I sent in my resume and received and 2 emails and a voice mail the same day (all within 2 hours of each other).

They told me: "We received your submitted resume and the Sales Manager and I are interested in meeting with you for an interview. We compared your resume to others we have received and feel as though you have the right skill set and experience that we are looking for in an employee."

The next day I called them back. An extremely nice assistant greeted me and scheduled an interview for 5pm (red flag?).

I drive into town and walk into the office. The office was very open, with loud music playing and an attractive woman to greet you as you walk in. Next I filled in the application. Very standard with questions asking why you are interested in "marketing".

Then I was invited back to meet with the Sales Manger. Nice suit and extremely personable guy. We talked, he asked about my work experience, my strength and weaknesses,s and where I see myself in 5 years.

The interview took no more than 20-25 minutes (red flag) and before I new it he extended the offer to come back for a second interview where I would "shadow" this manager. I accepted and walked out of the office on top of the world.

This guy was one hell of a salesman. He knew exactly how to build me up. Now that I think about it he was very passive and didn't seem genuinely interested in what I had to say. Also there was no talk of pay, which is fine. But he didn't leave space for me to ask any questions about the company (red flag). Interviews are a two way street. Both parties should know what they are getting themselves into. This company did not seem transparent at all and my gut (and reviews from Glassdoor) led me to decline the second interview. I encourage all to read reviews on this company.

If you are/ want to be a salesperson this maybe the job for you. Because they are good...really good.

Customer Service Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Appco Group.

I was sought out by this company and under the impression that this was a viable career option. The interview was extremely brief with little details regarding exactly what the job was. Although the administrative assistant was very pleasant, as the interviewer, I didn't feel this is the career setting that I am looking for. I was invited back the next day for the final interview stage and instructed, as the interviewer walked away, to bring comfortable shoes "as there will be lots of walking."

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Appco Group.

I emailed after I read a Craigslist posting for a full time entry marketing and sales job in Manhattan. I called shortly after, very friendly, set up an interview. OK. Then I came to the office, sparse, with a TV thumping techno music (should've been my first clue). I was interviewed by a very friendly manager who really seemed to like me and told me I'd been "shortlisted" to come back the following Monday to "shadow" an employee. Sounded all above board.

Turns out what you're really doing is going to door to door. This was never mentioned in any way, shape, or form. I was wearing a suit in my initial interview, and was told to dress in similar clothes for this "shadowing"- which was in fact 3 hours of walking around a New York suburb knocking on doors.

Interview Questions

Because I was led to believe this was an office-work situation, not being a door to door salesman like this was 1934.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Appco Group in July 2014.

They really make it seem you are going to be doing "marketing" when on reality, you are interviewed in this professional looking office to be a door-to-door salesperson. For the second day, It is an observation day where you go door to door trying to sell something that no one wants to buy, however they "train" you to say "we aren't selling anything". The women who would have been my manager if I had accepted the position was very unprofessional and smoked like a chimney the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult. They will hire anyone because the need people to complete their pyramid.   Answer Question

Because I didn't receive a degree to be a) an annoying salesperson b) be "trained" and "managed" by some of the least professional people. On second interview, I had to walk door to door for 8 hours in the heat. Not my idea of a career for not enough pay.

Sales and Marketing Field Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Appco Group in June 2014.

I submitted my resume online through craigslist and got a call for an interview a day later. Went to their office for an interview with the manager and got invited to do an observation day. The observation day consisted of following a team manager to do door to door sales. At the end of the day, you are given a test and have a short second interview with the management. If you get an 80% and the team manager likes you, they offer you a position.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews consisted of the standard interview questions. There was nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

The initial interviews promise you the world: good salary, bonuses, quality bonuses, easy promotions, fun environment, etc. After observation day, I learned that work days are over 12-13 hours and that your base salary is paying you less than minimum wage with that many hours. Most of your money is made through commission. Your job mostly consists of doing door to door sales. Lastly, they did not offer any benefits or job security.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Appco Group in May 2014.

asked me to come in for an interview. the interview was very easy they asked me to come in for an interview after explaining the position over the phone. When I came in for the interview it was soo easy to get the job it made me thing that the turnover rate was extremely high considering all the young people that were there as well.

Sales and Marketing Field Representative Interview

Starts off with a sit down interview. Then you spend an entire day on the field with a current employee to see how everything works. Finally, one last interview to seal the deal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Appco Group in January 2014.

Phone interview, One on One interview, Company Assessment, telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • Where away from work that i had performed in a pressured situation, and info about the company   Answer Question

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Appco Group in July 2013.

It was a group interview at a seeing company. they filled the room and the recruiter gave an emotional and rousing speech. Very little information about the actual job was discussed until well into the group interview, maybe 45mins. Two high level executives were present for the interview which made it seem even more legitimate. We were then asked 1 question.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be an animal, what animal would you be?   View Answer

the job has no set hours and you are basicalky begging for people to donate to various charities on the street in NYC