Appirio

3.2

Practice Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Very unprofessional staff keep postponing the interview and calls never turned up on time, all generic questions nothing related to work, no clear answeres about the future plan and company vision , i think they are mostly in body shopping.

Location was remote

Ascend Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Appirio.

I applied online and received an email about a week later to set up a phone interview. Eventually went through 2 phone interviews, a skype interview & then 4 on-site interviews. (7 interviews overall). The interview process was pretty smooth. While the process is quite long, it gives you a chance to really get to know the company and get a feel for the culture. Overall had a positive experience!

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty straightforward, but some that I had never received before. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my base salary a bit. The turnaround was quick and the conversation was smooth.

Associate Consultant Interview

This process was primarily targeted at recruiting college graduates for the ascend program. There was one phone screening, two phone interviews, followed by an on-site day with four interviews and one group question and answer session.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions required no coding and primarily focused on knowledge of programming languages and design patterns.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Their interview process has been one of the smoothest and efficient that I have experienced. Everyone responds in a timely manner and interviews were set up without much time in between. Everyone seems to have to be on the same page as to what they expect from you.

The interview process has not taken as long as I thought. It has been close to 4 weeks and I expected it to be much longer. Everyone is extremely down to earth and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that you went above and beyond to help a customer or client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Appirio.

The inteview process is intense at Appirio. Largely, this is in an attempt to gain a better understanding of the candidate's skills as well as they're cultural fit. Culture is everything and even one of the CEO's top priorities with the company.

I, myself, went through 11 interviews, before getting an offer to join Appirio. While this is a lot, the process was smooth, and the recruiters and coordinators did a fantastic job of keeping me in the loop.

The general process is: Recruiter phone screen, possibly several other phone screens (more recruiting, but usually with the functional team you'd be working with, and then past that it's inperson where you might meet with 6-8 people from the company which can include anyone from associate level to the most senior level.

The in person interview stage can be a slog to get through, but meeting and speaking with that many different people was able to give me a great insight to the company. Just be prepared to take that day off, as for me at least, it was a little draining.

Interview Questions
    • To give an elevator pitch of the company to a senior leader about what we do.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was pretty straightforward. Easy to work with and quick turnaround.

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Appirio.

1) I was initially contacted by phone by the recruiter and they asked me basic questions of my experience as a Business Analyst.
    2) Received a Salesforce.com technical exercise and once completed had a a phone interview to go over the exercise.
    3) Had two other interviews over the phone with current Appirio Consultants. Their questions were mostly about my experience and how I interact and work in teams. They didn't ask any technical questions.
    4) Had a face to face interview with the person that would be my manager.
    5) They flew me to Indiana for 3 more face to face interviews.

Overall, it was obvious that for an associate consultant they wanted basic Salesforce.com admin knowledge but most importantly they wanted to make sure I was someone that would fit into Appirio. They were looking for someone that they all felt comfortable working with. They wanted to see my personality and attitude.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really have difficult questions. After 4 or 5 interviews without technical questions one of the interviewers in Indiana asked me a couple of technical questions. I was taken a little by surprise but they were not complicated questions.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Had 3 phone interviews, including recruiting phone screen. Then had a Skype interview with management. After that I was scheduled to do an in person interview with 4 different associates. Overall the interview experience was very pleasant and organized.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Met my expectations.

Appirio Response

Oct 14, 2014Recruiting Manager

I am glad to hear you had a good interview experience and are joining the Appirio team!

Associate Consultant - Salesforce Practice Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Appirio.

Overall, I would say the interview process is long and intense. I was referred by an employee and had an initial conversation with the recruiter almost immediately after my referral. I completed a technical exercise, followed by a video call (behavior interview), technical exercise review, phone interview, video interview and then in-person in SF with 4 people. While I was constantly impressed by the Appirians I spoke with, I was less impressed by the communication from the recruiting team. There were several duplicate requests that I had to bring to their attention.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was pretty easy. It was a fair offer but I was able to get a bit more in what turned out to be an easy call with the recruiter.

Associate Consultant - Concur Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Appirio.

The hiring process long - and to be honest, a bit daunting. The recruiters and HR do a great job of making it painless through great communication. Anytime I had a question, I was free to ask. I even had extra calls with my recruiter to address parts of the process.

My interviews were as follows:

Applied online (January, 14)
    Phone Interview w/ Recruiter
    Phone Interview 1
    Phone Interview 2
    Skype Interview 3
    <In between these I visited the office for a tour>
    In-person interviews on site (5 separate sessions)
    Received an offer a few days later (May, 14)

The interviews were with a mix of potential team members and managers from a variety of practice areas.

While the process took a while, the HR team was in contact consistently, updating me on progress. Its a high bar, but worth the effort.

Interview Questions
    • Very inquisitive of resumes.   View Answer
    • It was clear that the interviewers were not looking merely for credentials.   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate besides starting a week later than planned. They were happy to help there.

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Appirio.

Process took five weeks, I thought things were good when I had two interviews in same day. I was never lead to believe anything wasn't right or a reason why additional interviews were taking place. It suddenly went quiet for two weeks when I received a generic "thanks but no thanks email"