Apple

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.9

81 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Initial communications with Apple staff was awesome. They were very polite and allowed me to be me without intimidation. The interview process was very in depth and tested your knowledge not only of technical process but also about customer service skills. It was one of the most nerve wrecking experiences, but the people were an absolute joy!

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

Got a screen phone call, set up a FaceTime interview, was emailed within the next month to have me do a questionnaire, was then emailed to do a background check, then got called for the position.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

I initially applied online on August 31st through a job board concerning the Applecare College At Home Advisor Program. I was contacted in late September about a month later via email about sending back proof of enrollment and a copy of my transcript, then that individual called me to schedule a quick over the phone interview which basically just screened me asking some basic questions about my employment history and "why Apple". It lasted about 10 min and after I was told she wanted to put me on to the next step, a facetime interview and that I would get an email about scheduling it within 2 weeks. I received the email the following day and picked a time to interview the following week. The facetime interview was with a Team Manager and lasted about 50 min. It was very casual and he asked me about my past experience, then asked how I could work with Apple and balance school and work. He asked a few questions about how I'd dealt with customers in the past and specifically my customer service experiences stressing Apple's focus on the customer. He also asked me about my knowledge with iOS. In general a very friendly guy who made the interview casual and conversational. He ended with saying that I would hear back within a week or two concerning the next steps. Exactly a week later I got an call from a recruiter with my official offer pending a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Explain one time where you went above and beyond a customers expectations?   View Answer
    Offered a fixed salary.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

3 interviews with lots of role playing. They are looking for outstanding customer service and it needs to come natural. You cannot fake your way through. Apolophrase during the role plays.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a customer who is not satisfied with blank.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

This is through the college program so I found the posting on our universities job board. I sent in my application not thinking that they would even consider me. A recruiter called me about two months later and talked to me for about ten minutes. Basically just asking me if I was still interested and questions about my availability. From there We set up a second interview with a different recruiter. This interview was a week later and was supposed to be a Skype interview, but it ended up being a phone interview instead. This call lasted about 75 minutes (seemed way longer) and she asked all different types of questions. She asked again about my availability, some very easy technical questions/situations, and a LOT of questions about customer service. This interview was on a Wednesday and I got a call the following Monday offering me the job contingent on a background check. I submitted the background check that night and I received an email back that Friday saying everything was all good and I got the job. Everyone from Apple that I talked to was extremely nice and not intimidating at all. Don't freak yourself out before the interview-they are humans just like you are.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a technological problem and had to fix it yourself.   Answer Question
    No negotiation- but the offer was way above what most jobs around campus offer so I felt no need to negotiate.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I only had just one Skype Interview. The interview was mostly behavioral and situational. There were no technical questions about their products. Basically its all about saying how you will be empathetic towards the customer and address their emotional state before addressing their technical issue. The asked questions like, "Say a customer called in and was angry about how he just dropped his new iPad and the screen cracked, how would you react?" They also asked about your interest in technology and just basic things about previous jobs I've had

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were on a long phone call that exceeded past your work shift?   View Answer

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I entered my application on the Apple Corporate website around September 30, 2014. I received a call the next day from an Apple Recruiter who asked me very general questions about my availability and experience as well as gave me more information about the position, including pay rate. After speaking with her for about 5 to 10 minutes, she scheduled an interview with a second recruiter for the next day.

This interview was supposed to be via Skype but at the last minute i realized my Skype account didnt work so it was changed to a phone interview. That one took about 20 mins. It went well and I was told I would receive an email to schedule a third interview with a Team Manager. The email came the next day, which was a Friday, i went online and scheduled my interview for the following Monday. That interview lasted about 30 mins and then within an hour of completing that interview I got the call that I was being offered a position contigent on a background check.

I received an email the following day from HireRight and submitted the information for the background check. It took about 9 days after submitting the background info for Apple to get back to me. They did offer me the job and i happily accepted. Now im just waiting for paperwork and my equipment to come via Fedex.

Overall the experience was good. It seemed to move very quickly until the background check portion which can apparently take a while. The interviews are very typical with the exception of a few roleplay scenarios in the last one. The main thing to remember is to empathize with the client and express how sorry you are they are having problems. The people i interviewed with were all very friendly and made the process very easy!

Im very excited to get started!

Interview Questions
    • I just got a new iphone and it wont turn on!   View Answer
    No negotiation

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Found out about position though Online Job Fair for military spouses. Initial interview took place online. Was super quick and was asked basic screening questions. Second interview was 20 minutes and was asked basic customer service type questions and about my work history and philosophies. Was given salary range for position. Third interview was FaceTime. Same sort of questions, and one role play scenario. Fourth interview scheduled for tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Is it more important to fix the problem, or for the caller to have a great experience? Help, I can't use my email to open up a file of my grandson's first words!   View Answer

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Process was very smooth and calculated. I applied online through Apple.com/jobs and was contacted about 2 weeks later by a recruiting agent. This call lasted about 7 min or so. From that call they schedule a more in depth Facetime or Skype interview with a hiring manager. If you do not have access to facetime or skype you do have the option to have a phone interview. We scheduled the interview a week from that day. This interview was very interesting to me because ive never done an interview through a webcam before but it was very cool. The individual who interviewed me was a very nice young woman, she asked general questions about customer service experience and a couple certain instances where you helped someone or disagreed with something and how you repaired the situation. Also, we did about 3 roll playing scenarios. They are not difficult tech questions, they are looking for you to be empathetic to the customer and then try to figure out the solution to their problem. Just be calm and have fun with it, if you have ever helped a friend or family member figure something out just channel that. Be yourself and dont try to answer like a robot. Have personality, that is what they are looking for. So that interview lasted about 45 min. She told me I would be contacted in about 2 weeks to determine whether or not I move on to the third interview. 2 days later I received an email to schedule the third interview. The process is much like setting a genius bar appt if you have ever done that. Again you have the option for facetime, skype or phone. I honestly think Facetime is the way to go. You can be more engaging with the interviewer. Its more personal. Better connection. So this next interview was scheduled again, 1 week from the day. Now, this interview was with a team manager who is the person or type of person who will be in charge of you when you are actually working. This interview lasted about 30 min. Again, alot of experience questions on how you are able to deal with people and situations you have dealt with in the past. Have a few stories ready to go so you are not caught off guard. Dont memorize a script just know the ins and outs of your story so you sound natural telling it. At the end of this interview, I was told id here about the decision in 2 weeks. The next day I was called by my first facetime interviewee and was offered the position. hinging on a background check. I am waiting for the Hireright email as I type this.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when your supervisor had to explain or show you a problem he noticed with your work habits and how it helped you in the future.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they call you with an offer and ask if you would accept.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

I applied online and got a call back within that week. The first call was a very nice, casual conversation with a simple roleplaying question. She was very pleased with the way I spoke and put me onto the next interview.

The second interview was supposed to be on Facetime but they had a technical issue and ended up just calling me. This is where they go a little bit more into detail about the position and your background, asking why you'd like to work for Apple and to describe (for example:) a time when you had to deal with an angry customer. This guy was very laid back and friendly much like the previous interviewer.

The third interview was done via video chat and was very laid back and casual. I felt like I was out to lunch with a friend. She was extremely friendly and congratulated me on making it to that interview. Some roleplay questions were asked, such as "I cannot get my phone to connect to my car's bluetooth, what should I do?" After the this interview, you're told to wait up to two weeks to hear back.

I got a call a week later offering me the job, much to my excitement.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when your supervisor or boss gave you a compliment.   Answer Question
    I was offered a generous wage, more than I expected. I didn't feel the need to negotiate.