Apple Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.9

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Interviewed twice, first interview went great, second interview went great also... Interviewers pretty nice, asked me some technical questions and what if customer service questions
I guess i wasn't what apple needed
got a Decline letter at 3am

Interview Questions
  • whats the difference between pop mail and Imap (which was easy)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

Process was very smooth and calculated. I applied online through Apple.com/jobs and was contacted about 2 weeks later by a recruiting agent. This call lasted about 7 min or so. From that call they schedule a more in depth Facetime or Skype interview with a hiring manager. If you do not have access to facetime or skype you do have the option to have a phone interview. We scheduled the interview a week from that day. This interview was very interesting to me because ive never done an interview through a webcam before but it was very cool. The individual who interviewed me was a very nice young woman, she asked general questions about customer service experience and a couple certain instances where you helped someone or disagreed with something and how you repaired the situation. Also, we did about 3 roll playing scenarios. They are not difficult tech questions, they are looking for you to be empathetic to the customer and then try to figure out the solution to their problem. Just be calm and have fun with it, if you have ever helped a friend or family member figure something out just channel that. Be yourself and dont try to answer like a robot. Have personality, that is what they are looking for. So that interview lasted about 45 min. She told me I would be contacted in about 2 weeks to determine whether or not I move on to the third interview. 2 days later I received an email to schedule the third interview. The process is much like setting a genius bar appt if you have ever done that. Again you have the option for facetime, skype or phone. I honestly think Facetime is the way to go. You can be more engaging with the interviewer. Its more personal. Better connection. So this next interview was scheduled again, 1 week from the day. Now, this interview was with a team manager who is the person or type of person who will be in charge of you when you are actually working. This interview lasted about 30 min. Again, alot of experience questions on how you are able to deal with people and situations you have dealt with in the past. Have a few stories ready to go so you are not caught off guard. Dont memorize a script just know the ins and outs of your story so you sound natural telling it. At the end of this interview, I was told id here about the decision in 2 weeks. The next day I was called by my first facetime interviewee and was offered the position. hinging on a background check. I am waiting for the Hireright email as I type this.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when your supervisor had to explain or show you a problem he noticed with your work habits and how it helped you in the future.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they call you with an offer and ask if you would accept.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in June 2013.

Interview was one phone call and two FaceTime calls afterwards for actual interviews and role playing. You should care more about the Customer experience than Apple care knowledge in role plays

Interview Questions
    • What is the Cloud used for? and explain RAM Random Access Memory   View Answer
    Well they told me that they would offer me what I asked for on my application. no negotiating is to happen after resume and application has been put in.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

I applied online. A week later received cold call by recruiter. we talked for about 15 minutes and I think it was to just get an understanding of my background and experience. The next interview was very informative and more hands on with technology. My third interview was more about my experiences and some tech questions. I received offer on 7/27/2014 and I am currently on waiting on call my background check cleared today.

No negotiation. Pay is very reasonable and the benefits are top notch.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

The interviewing process for me was pretty fun for me. They give you a call first and talk to you about if you are still interested in the position. If you are interested then they will give you a very basic phone interview on the spot to see if you have the bare minimum of what they are looking at. You will then schedule an interview on either facetime or skype (your choice) and they are pretty flexible when it comes to scheduling it around your availability. The first facetime/skype interview takes about 30 minutes and you will talk to the Apple recruiter about customer service background and technical savvy. If they like you then you will be moved onto a facetime/skype interview with the hiring manager. This last interview is very much like the first one with a heavier concentration on the customer support end of things. Overall the staff that you experience every step of the way is extremely friendly and they really just make you so excited to work for apple!

Interview Questions
    • This really all depends on you level of expertise in the field. If you know apple, have a good customer service background, and have a decent amount of tech savvy, then you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    I personally didn't really need to negotiate at all... They started me off at 16.50 which was twice my previous hourly wage, along with full benefits only working part time.

Apple At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

I applied through an online application and was contacted a week later by an Apple recruiter for a follow up application to make sure I qualify for the job. After all of that was cleared, I got an interview offer. The interview itself was longer than a typical interview should last. During the 40 min. Skype call, the interviewer asked many questions regarding my customer service experience, technical experiences, and did a role-play scenario. Some of the questions were a little to difficult to answer especially when you're on the spot, but it is definitely manageable. After the interview, I was contacted 4 days after and received a job offer for the company! Compared to most, it took me approximately 3 weeks from the time I submitted my application to getting the job offer, which was a pretty fast hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain to a 5 year old what an RAM is?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

There were three interviews. The first was via FaceTime (or Skype, if you prefer), and was very basic. The most difficult question asked in the first interview was "What is an operating system?". The second was slightly more technical, specific to Apple. The third was really just the "negotiation" portion.

Interview Questions
    • They're more interested in people with soft skills. Understand that technical issues will always arise, so the customer experience is more important, in their minds.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Beginning salary is set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

I applied on line at apple website beginning of July. Received a call from an Apple recruiter about 2-3 weeks later. Quick phone interview to see if they should set you up for the next interview. I was passed on for an interview the next week via Facetime with a recruiter. At the end of this conversation she said I would get an email in 3-5 business days to pick an interview time with the hiring manager. I got the email the next day and set the interview up the following week. Had my Facetime interview with a young man who was a hiring manager.. Nice guy, very informative and gave me much useful info about Apple and the job... He doesn't come out and say we are interested or not interested. He basically said be patient there may be more interviews or you may get a call or email from the recruiter. My interview was on a Wed. I heard back from my recruiter on that Friday offering me the job contingent on my background check. You then get an email from Hireright to fill out. I filled it out that Friday and got the call today !! Only Tuesday and was offered the job... sooo cool... so excited..

Interview Questions
    • The customer service part is a breeze for me. Emphathize with each role play they give you. The tech questions were more difficult. included explaining RAM to an old person, what would you do if your phone email wasn't working?, is RAM Volitale or stable, what is WIfi, what is Bluetooth? some of these questions I would not know if I didn't look up first. They are definitely looking for you to acknowledge the callers personal problem first though. Which is probably most important. They can train you on their equipment but it is hard to teach interpersonal skills if you don't have them to begin with....   View Answer
    No negotiation... They tell you up front what starting pay is and it is average to above. They also give you internet expense and you don't have to pay for gas!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks.

The recruiter contacted me the day after my resume was internally referred. Set up a call a couple of days later for a short chat (15 mins) about the nature of the job, my general qualifications and backgrounds, and continued interest in the position. I was immediately notified I'd be moved to the next interview, a 45 minute phone interview with the head of the team. The recruiter was very informative about the subject of the call (statistics, statistical methods/concepts) and background of the interviewer. Interview went well.

Fifteen minutes after that interview concluded, the recruiter called me, asked me how I felt it went, and informed me I'd be moving toward a second (45-minute) phone interview. The call was scheduled for the following week and again, I was informed on the subject of the interview (advanced stats, probability, and live syntax for data management) as well as the background of the interviewer (quantitative engineer). The call went well, though I did stumble a little bit over the syntax (I'd just taught myself over the weekend), but not because it was difficult.

I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like ‘the impossible interview’ and ‘the aptitude interview’ from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

A week later I was informed my interviews went well, and I did make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Advanced stats questions regarding HLM. Explain in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

I applied online and received a call back within a couple of weeks from a recruiter, which included a short interview. This was followed by a FaceTime interview about a week after that. The third interview, also via FaceTime, was the following week with a hiring manager. I did well in all three interviews and stressed my customer service skills. I had learned that this was what Apple was looking for, as they can help you learn the technical skills during training, but the 'people skills' are harder to teach. Once I completed the final interview, I was told that I would hear back within a couple of weeks. The very next day, I received a phone call telling me that I was entering the hiring phase and that a background check would be completed. I filled out some information with a company called HireRight, which does Apple's background checks. A week later, I received a phone call telling me that I was hired and I happily accepted the position. I am now in the paperwork phase and am scheduled to begin training in August.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing scenario: What would you tell a customer who presented with the following problem?
      "I just walked into the terminal in Atlanta after spending an hour sitting on the tarmac! I have to get to a meeting and my iPhone won't work and i need to send an email to my boss! Can you help me?"
        View Answers (2)
    There was no negotiation as the rate of pay was acceptable.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!