Apple

Average Difficulty
61 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were three interviews. The first was via FaceTime (or Skype, if you prefer), and was very basic. The most difficult question asked in the first interview was "What is an operating system?". The second was slightly more technical, specific to Apple. The third was really just the "negotiation" portion.

Interview Question – They're more interested in people with soft skills. Understand that technical issues will always arise, so the customer experience is more important, in their minds.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Beginning salary is set.

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on line at apple website beginning of July. Received a call from an Apple recruiter about 2-3 weeks later. Quick phone interview to see if they should set you up for the next interview. I was passed on for an interview the next week via Facetime with a recruiter. At the end of this conversation she said I would get an email in 3-5 business days to pick an interview time with the hiring manager. I got the email the next day and set the interview up the following week. Had my Facetime interview with a young man who was a hiring manager.. Nice guy, very informative and gave me much useful info about Apple and the job... He doesn't come out and say we are interested or not interested. He basically said be patient there may be more interviews or you may get a call or email from the recruiter. My interview was on a Wed. I heard back from my recruiter on that Friday offering me the job contingent on my background check. You then get an email from Hireright to fill out. I filled it out that Friday and got the call today !! Only Tuesday and was offered the job... sooo cool... so excited..

Interview Question – The customer service part is a breeze for me. Emphathize with each role play they give you. The tech questions were more difficult. included explaining RAM to an old person, what would you do if your phone email wasn't working?, is RAM Volitale or stable, what is WIfi, what is Bluetooth? some of these questions I would not know if I didn't look up first. They are definitely looking for you to acknowledge the callers personal problem first though. Which is probably most important. They can train you on their equipment but it is hard to teach interpersonal skills if you don't have them to begin with....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation... They tell you up front what starting pay is and it is average to above. They also give you internet expense and you don't have to pay for gas!!

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks.

The recruiter contacted me the day after my resume was internally referred. Set up a call a couple of days later for a short chat (15 mins) about the nature of the job, my general qualifications and backgrounds, and continued interest in the position. I was immediately notified I'd be moved to the next interview, a 45 minute phone interview with the head of the team. The recruiter was very informative about the subject of the call (statistics, statistical methods/concepts) and background of the interviewer. Interview went well.

Fifteen minutes after that interview concluded, the recruiter called me, asked me how I felt it went, and informed me I'd be moving toward a second (45-minute) phone interview. The call was scheduled for the following week and again, I was informed on the subject of the interview (advanced stats, probability, and live syntax for data management) as well as the background of the interviewer (quantitative engineer). The call went well, though I did stumble a little bit over the syntax (I'd just taught myself over the weekend), but not because it was difficult.

I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like ‘the impossible interview’ and ‘the aptitude interview’ from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

A week later I was informed my interviews went well, and I did make it to the next round.

Interview Question – Advanced stats questions regarding HLM. Explain in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call back within a couple of weeks from a recruiter, which included a short interview. This was followed by a FaceTime interview about a week after that. The third interview, also via FaceTime, was the following week with a hiring manager. I did well in all three interviews and stressed my customer service skills. I had learned that this was what Apple was looking for, as they can help you learn the technical skills during training, but the 'people skills' are harder to teach. Once I completed the final interview, I was told that I would hear back within a couple of weeks. The very next day, I received a phone call telling me that I was entering the hiring phase and that a background check would be completed. I filled out some information with a company called HireRight, which does Apple's background checks. A week later, I received a phone call telling me that I was hired and I happily accepted the position. I am now in the paperwork phase and am scheduled to begin training in August.

Interview Question – Role playing scenario: What would you tell a customer who presented with the following problem?
"I just walked into the terminal in Atlanta after spending an hour sitting on the tarmac! I have to get to a meeting and my iPhone won't work and i need to send an email to my boss! Can you help me?"
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as the rate of pay was acceptable.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – multiple phone and face time interviews with several different people. be prepared to answer a ton of questions some technical but mostly customer service related. Its took about a month in a half to go through the whole process.

Interview Question – they thrive on empathy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Really great experience! All 3 interviewers were kind, respectful and easy. First interview was over the phone and was about 10 minutes long. No hard questions. Why work for apple? My wifi isn't connecting what do I do? 2nd interview was FaceTime - scenario - I just got off airplane, my luggage is lost which has my computer and now my phone won't work. Empathy empathy empathy before going resolving issue. Which email protocol to use when syncing multiple devices? IMAP 3rd interview- was at party, my child fell into pool, I jumped in to get my baby and now my phone doesn't work. Then you will either get phone call from apple recruiter for next step of offer and to let you background check from hire right email,is coming or if email is sent - no call, no offer.

Interview Question – Is ram volatile or stable? I really didn't know and said so   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, pay was much more than expected with great benefits

Very Easy Interview

Apple At Home Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – With this position there is a 3 step process. First call you'll speak to a recruiter. Then she will let you know if you have passed to the next part of the interview which will be via skype or on FaceTime. Then you'll be advised if you have passed to to last and final interview. Starting pay is $16.50 and it was for a part time position. You'll work 4 hours during the week M-T and one 8 hour shift on the weekend. Benefits included

Interview Question – Basic tech and customer service questions. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in June 2012.

Interview Details – The initial response to the application takes about 2 months with an email. Then they ask do you meet the requirements.The first interview is a phone interview followed by another phone interview asking you to tell them what empathy is. Then they ask why you are a good fit. Then another phone interview with similar questions. Finally is a Skype or FaceTime interview where they ask you basic questions about your history and your plans for Apple.

Interview Question – There is none. All of it is general since the person hiring you is sitting at home and has no idea what to ask besides general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. You either like it or not.

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – The process took a few months but I was applying to start on a specific date that was about 4 months ahead so there was no rush. Started with a few emails then set up two phone interview. Eventually they emailed me offering the job.

Interview Question – Most questions were just to gauge my personality, asked about school, how I maintain my schedule, if I would be able to balance work schedule. There were one or two technical questions but I either admitted I didn't know or explained what I though was correct.   Answer Question

Apple At Home Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I got a phone call on May 8th from Apple and he moved me onto my FaceTime interview with my recruiter on May 14th asked me a bunch of customer service questions bc they know I already have my computer analyst AAS degree. Then she loved me on to another FaceTime interview with the hiring manager on May 27th who was super cool he's like if u don't mind a virtual high five since we can't shake hands I'm like sure why not! And he asked me more customer service questions no tech this time. On June 3rd I got the email for hirerite and filled that out and was glued to my phone since. And finally today June 11th my recruiter called and offered me the position! I'm still so excited! Everything took about a month and my start date is in July. She said my fedex papers will be here within the next 3 days!!!!

Interview Question – Bunch of customer service questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Straight forward and very good pay with benefits.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!