Apple Apple Genius Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apple Genius Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Took 3 days. I received a phone interview in the morning. asked questions like tell me about yourself ? When did you fail at a task and how did you handle the situation ? Tell me about u exprience in customer service

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

I applied online and was invited to a group interview. The group interview sucked, everybody interrupted each other, and they seem to have a favoritism for current Starbucks employees. I applied for a sales position or genius one but instead was offered a family room specialist one which I wasn't interested in.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was personally rude to you?   Answer Question

Because the pay was low.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in January 2009.

Initial contact was by phone. After general conversation, a followup call was about my skills. I was asked specific questions about hardware and software. Some were very technical, but I was prepared. After phone interviews, I was called in to the San Francisco store and after an intro to about 12 of us, I did a 1 on 1 interview inside a closed office, which I thought went well. I then did a roll-play interview with a "customer" and was evaluated on how I handled it. I did well.

In the end, I did not receive a job offer. Perhaps I was over qualified or they thought I would not be a good fit with the team. I'm just speculating. Of course, they do not tell you why.

Interview Questions
    • There is no sound coming out of the speakers. How do you troubleshoot the issue.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2008.

Apple takes it's sweet time with the interview process. I applied online and heard from them probably a month later. I applied as a Genius as I've been using Macs for 15 plus years. They instead hired me as a Mac Specialist. THe first contact was a regional interview over the phone followed by an overt he phone test for the genius openin. I was then recommended down to the retail level where I was interviewed in person and several days later they got back to me with an offer. Two days of 8 hour training with all the other new hires at a local hotel. (paid $8 for training then $10 at my regular rate).

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation unless its another title you are going for in terms of pay. They know how much they are going to pay you based on the market they are in. For example in Richmond, VA they offered a few dollars less considering the lower cost of living than DC. Fun company to work for more than anything they are looking for customer service, their attitudes is they will train you. They like to think they are customers friends and not sales people. They want you to "Attach" products to the sale not up sell. For example a Student might need Microsoft office with his new MacBook. I rate it neutral because it's very clear that they want you to fit them not the other way around. They are going to do things their way. And if they weren't fun and nice people they could otherwise be creepy. It's the culture. They want good personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in January 2010.

After repeadely calling the store to try to get a hold of a hiring manager, I finally scored an interview. I walked into the store 15 minutes early; the manager later remaked how impressed he was about that since everyone came in 5 mins or less. Honestly? It's a cardinal rule to ALWAYS come at least 15 minutes early. Anyway, he took me to a rest area in the mall and we went over my employment history, why I wanted to work for Apple, experience with Apple products, etc. Interview lasted about 30-40 minutes and the guy was blown away by me. Basically...dress nice and convince the guy/girl/group that you LOVE Apple and there is NO PLACE else you'd rather work (without coming off as fake). So, I got a second interview with the Lead Genius and the head of the Family Room Specialists. I'd rather have the Genius spot, but if I have to "get my foot in the door" by taking the FRS, then I'll do it.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult customer service experience?   Answer Question

Apple Genius Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in November 2009.

I initially placed my resume on www.apple.com/jobs. Within a few weeks I received an email indicating there would be a group interview held at one of the local stores.

I Arrived after the store had closed for the weekend. There were close to 20 of us waiting outside (many people stopped and asked if there was a new product release the hadn't heard of.) We all created name tags and patiently awaited to enter.

Upon entrance to the store we were greeted by the staff clapping (much like a store grand opening so i've been told.) We proceeded to the back of the store where we were met by close to 15 Employees all with a range of specialties. There were numerous stores present as this was a multi store interview.

They started out with a brief intro about who each employee was as well as a fun fact. This continued round robin. We then filled out a questionaire (it was essentially the same data we filled out online. ) At this point those who hadn't registered at apple jobs were reminded to do so.

Following this we were split off into groups of 2 for a couple minutes to create all about me Flyers. Each group had to put info on each person (name, interesting fact and why we fit with apple.) Once everyone completed the task and had printed two copies, we proceeded to give a presentation on each of us.

Once all the presentations were over there were numerous apple videos displayed regarding apple and its work philosophies.

Next came the technical assessment. We were told it didn't bar us from employment (however each page a new topic was started reminded you that x out of x were required to pass. ) Leaving me to believe this is the initial screening for Genius level positions. There were roughly 7 questions in each of the following categories. Mac OS X, Apple Hardware, Technical terms, iPod/iPhone troubleshooting as well as software.

We completed the assessment and placed them in the Manilla folders provided (where we have kept everything we've worked on thus far.

We wrapped up with a Questions and Answers portion where they asked Q's and we asked Q's.

Over all the staff were great and the experience was a good one. There were varying levels of knowledge in the store and each person seemed to have something unique to offer.

There is now a waiting period whilst we await hearing from the different Management teams at the varying stores. Most of us put together a *dream* sheet listing the order of preference for stores.

Interview Questions
    • There were many technical questions relating to hardware and software.   View Answer

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!