Apple

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

They have a 2 or 3 part interview process. Phone interview first as a screening process. They basically just want to make sure you are well spoken and not insane. After the phone interview, if you pass, you will get invited to a hiring event at a retail location or regional office.

Interview Questions
  • "When is a situation when you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you resolve it"   Answer Question
I was offered a 2nd interview, accepted interview

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple.

Phone interview followed by a group interview followed by a store manger interview. The group interview was the hardest because there were so many people you had to stand out from (answer questions, and volunteer to participate in everything). Also, the attire was casual and a few people who came in sweats were definitely not hired. You don't need to have much technical knowledge, you just have to be able to comfortably speak to people.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Three interviews spanned out across three months. Upon being hired the position originally interviewing for was fill and offered a lower position. The position applying for remained unfilled for a year while having me do the work of a creative with a Specialist title. After a year was promoted to creative (the job I was doing).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in November 2014.

When you get there, they clap for you. Then you sit in a group of 20-30. You introduce yourself in front of everyone. Not really hard unless you're a shy person. We watched videos on what the positions are like. They care about the making the customers happy and building relationships rather than just sell the product. After the vids there were Q&A's. Then we split into groups of 5-6. Did role playing. My group was so funny so it was very easy to get used to everyone. Then we chose a number and the number we chose, we would be asked a random interview question. It was really easy. About 2-3 questions. They then told us the timeframe in which we would hear back and that was about it. It was fun for me because it wasn't like the normal interview. You were really interactive with everyone. I did the first interview yesterday and waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were involved in a difficult situation with someone and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Very laid back interview process; the interviewers were managers at the local stores and were very friendly. They were open about the interview process and its timeframe, requirements, etc. I was not called back for a second interview, but still found the entire process to be very beneficial. Overall, it was a positive experience and helpful for future interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you had unlimited funds to start your own business today, what kind of business would you make, what would you name it, and why?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple.

Apple retail hiring event for a single store in my area. Similar to the other reviews. Did role playing where different people took turns being the specialist and the customer. Asked us why we were a good fit for Apple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

Applied online Nov 6, got an email a week later for hiring event on November 23 Sunday. Got email Wednesday for second interview. Got second interview at store will be working at on December 3 Wednesday it was a group interview with 3 other people. Was told will get a yes on no for 3rd interview in 48 hours. Friday morning got email for 3rd interview for December 8. This interview was more personal on past employers and why apple. Where do you see yourself. And I work for a top very know company that is number one on customer service. After the interview was told will hear at the end of the week to move on with 4th interview. A lot of interviews for a big company. Got the call today Thursday that they will be moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What Apple are you most proud of? Do you have any apple products? What?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Apple.

Went into a group interview of about 30 people. They lead some group discussions. Wanted to see how we would interact. Had us take a simple test about Apple products. They were looking for people who were passionate about Apple and also passionate about helping customers.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe the Apple product knowledge, however they seemed less interested in that. More interested in how you could relate to people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The first round of interviews is usually a large group setting. They'll bring in around 50-100 potential people, and most of the questions/scenarios they run you through are really to discover your personality and your work ethics. Be yourself. Goofy, serious, doesn't matter, but be honest. They can teach you what you don't know about technology, they can't teach you to be charming. Subsequent interviews are tougher and usually small groups of 2-4 people. That's where they ask much more specific questions about you. The best advice I can give, is don't be discouraged if you don't get in the first time! They are incredibly particular about who they hire, and sometimes the timing just isn't right!

Interview Questions
    • Plan a trip for me to (randomly chosen location). Ask me any questions you want to make sure I have the best experience possible.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They don't really budge on their offers, because they know there are plenty of people out there willing to step in, if you're not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2014.

4 Interviews.

1 group
    2 1 on 1 (Store Manager and Store Leader)
    Final Interview with Marketing Manage (My interview was with 2 other people)

Very personal interview. They try to understand you as a person, they want to see if your values match up with their values, helps them to indentify if you'll fit into their culture and get along with the other employees. Questions of specific exampls of how you solves certain problems and overcame personal difficulties and of course you have to act out an interaction with a customer for them to evaluate your sales and interpersonal skills.

Tips: Speak about your passion for Apple culture. Specialists aren't only suppose to help find the best product to fit the customers needs but also to wrap as much related things that Apple has to offer while helping a guest out.

The atmosphere is a little intense, theres a (So, ummm. Are you Apple enough? Do you fit in?) feel to it. I personally liked it, shows that they take their culture very very seriously and its not just about selling stuff. It's not typical retail.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of *insert hyper-specific scenario here* and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable. Do research into the position and the pay scale before accepting further interviews