Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

It took a while for them to get back to me since I was an external hire but when they did, I first participated in a group style interview with about 30 other people. The next step was a one- on- one interview with one of the managers. Finally, I had another group interview with the Store Leader, the Market Leader and two other interviewees. They were not so much focused on how much I knew about Apple or its products but more concerned with how personable and friendly I was. And how well I could handle conflict.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered conflict in the workplace/ life? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was ok everyone had an iPod and had to answer a different question. I didn't like how everyone had a different question because I didn't know it I couldn't think as quick on my feet as most people and that really threw me off that they cut me based on those stupid questions I have excellent customer service skills and that's what there looking for but those stupid questions didn't help at all

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a consumer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

They have a three to four interview process, the first being a group interview. Interviewer asked for examples from your life of how you dealt with tough situations. By the second interview I still did not learn much about the company's expectations, benefits or salary. Dress was casual and the atmosphere was relaxed, despite the tough questions. I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end of both interviews casual and the atmosphere was relaxed, despite the tough questions. I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end of both interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when and how you dealt with an irate person.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you went over and above what was expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Newark, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

A friend referred me a few months go. A week ago, I get an emailed invite to a hiring event at my local apple store the following Sunday. Unlike what the other people have mentioned about how large the event was, my event only had about 15 or 20 people. It didn't seem like they paid attention to everyone - until they broke us up in groups of four. That's when an apple leader (and we had a genius expert that worked there hopped in our group to observe) flipped through different questions on a iPad and everyone had a chance to answer. That went on for 15 or 20 minutes before we all got back together and watched the ending slideshow. All and all, apple knows they're great and do not need anyone else telling them how great they are.

Surprisingly enough, I got another emailed invite to pick a day and time for a second interview. This time, it was a one on one with a manger. The guy came off as very cocky while he told me about himself. Honestly, the whole one on one was very unbearable and his attitude (which wasn't that great) effected me and pretty much dragged me down.

I got a rejection email 24 hours later, which I was already expecting. I might apply again in 6 months, but I do hope if I make to the one on one again I do not get the same manager.

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was invited to an Apple hiring event. There were around 15 people there that applied for multiple positions with Apple store positions. First everyone checked in and waited for the event to start. There were 7 or 8 Apple employees (managers, hiring managers). They talked a bit about the company and how rewarding it was to work for Apple. There was one guy who lead the introduction and played videos.

After 25 minutes of his presentation and videos, we were split into small groups with each area store managers. The questions were easy and it was on an iPad they we each passed around. They wanted to know how people react to situations about their previous job. However, when they smelled bs from the answers, the managers would say, "can you be more specific?" It was actually kind of funny because the managers would roll their eyes and sighed.

There were rude moments in the small group interview from one of the store managers. You could really tell who they were and weren't interested in because of the responses they would give to the individual. If they were interested, they would say, "yeah, I agree," or they would simply add on to the person's answers.

Overall the process and presentation wasn't anything new to those who are familiar with Apple. I do agree that this type of interview helps Apple quickly narrow down who stood out in retail. However, Apple could have done without one of the hiring managers for the fact that she acted a bit ignorant. Any educated person should already know that interviews goes both ways. The potential employees is also interviewing the manager to see if he/she is a competent manager.

There were also disagreements in the presentation and one of the newer Apple hiring manager. The presentation focused on how proud Apple is not to pay commission so the customers and employees can focus on building relationships on features. Apple wants people to have a great experience with their products as well as the people that stood behind them. However, during closing one of the newer hiring manager that came from a big box retailer interrupted and he stated, "I want people to understand, this is a sales job! We want you to sell as much as possible, do not leave here thinking that this isn't about selling." I noticed everyone around looked at each other very surprised because they just spent over an hour focusing on thinking differently about Apple retail, and here this manager is stressing about the car salesmen type ways of retail back in his day.

I believe the old Steve Jobs days of Apple retail are fading. It's too bad they are bringing on the big box type of managers who push for numbers. They should really make new presentation videos to reflect these changes because it is very contradicting. Consumers have a special image about Apple retail and how great it is walking into one of their stores, but this image is changing for the fact that they are caring less about the heritage that made them successful. It starts from the bottom, your customers and your employees who stand behind your products are the front line of your company, why would you change that?

Declined working for Apple at the location offered because I just could not see myself working for an incompetent manager. If you as an Apple leader can't sell us the position during the interview, what makes you think you could train people to sell the Apple experience? My advice to anyone looking towards Apple for employment is do not settle for less. They are brining on many pushy sales managers, things are changing at Apple and the overturn rate shows as they are seeking more typical sales people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you exceeded your own expectations at a job.

Describe a humbling experience.

What was the most difficult work experience and how did you overcome it?

Example of a time to better yourself as an employee and what I took from the experience?

How to handle differences with co workers?

Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Interview

Just typical one on one interview questions. Apple hires a certain personality. It's harder to get into Apple than it is to get into Stanford. Don't answer anything negative, for example if they ask what don't you like about your previous job, say that there's nothing you dislike about it. Sell yourself as a saint.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very friend and thorough. The interviewer wanted to know how the skills I have acquired would fit into the overall Apple's overall customer service objectives. In addition, they were interested in seeing if I had the right type of personality and people skills for this job. It was an excellent interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills that you have that can make you a great Apple employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

interviewed at Apple (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Sat down with the store manager just outside the store on some seats in the concourse. Very simple interview, just sat down and had a brief chat with him about why I wanted to work for Apple and what my schedule would be like. Went smoothly, and they told me I was the second favorite candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The retail hiring representative was lovely. We had a predetermined time for the phone interview, she called it lasted about 13 minutes. Your tone of voice and your demeanor mean almost as much as your answers. This is the first interview in a series of 3 or 4 I think. The next one will be in a store next week. So I did not get an offer yet, but rather was able to get to the next interview step.

Interview Questions

• Why Apple? If you had an unruly customer, how would you handle the situation? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Much like everyone else has described, I attended the hiring seminar first, then after a few days, was invited back for a small (about five) group interview with the heads of the three stores in the area. They told us we would hear back from them but it took multiple weeks and multiple emails to get to the fact that they had moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us some advice you got from a superior that changed that way you worked from that point forward?   Answer Question