Apple

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an invite to a hiring seminar within 2 weeks. Seminar consisted of 40 potential employees with a dozen staff from 2 different stores. Short introductory video about Apple followed by a period where you paired up and you introduced your partner. Next we broke up into small groups and had a short Q&A session.

Received a call the next day from a manager from one of the stores and said that I would moving on in the process and would receive a call for an interview within a week. A week later received a call from a different manager and had a 30 min long phone interview.

Received another email from the first manager saying that I was invited to an interview with the Store Leader the following week. Small group interview w/ 4 people followed.

Got invited to an interview with the Market Leader the following week, which was the last interview, again with 4 people. Received a call 1 week later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Think of a time where you made a split decision and it was the wrong decision. How did that affect the way you went about future situations in the future.   Answer Question

Manhasset, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Specialist position for two particular stores in my area. Within 2 weeks I got an automated response email, that had a link to RSVP my interview.

1. Show up early and get to mingle with the current staff & with other candidates
2. You will most likely be in a group interview consisting 2 to 5 candidates
3. In the beginning of the interview is basic introduction going around the room introducing yourself, recent accomplishment, and why Apple?
4. Two rounds of random questions that is directed to each individual.
5. Fill out your basic info & days available to work. Plus which Apple products you are familiar with.
6. Lastly any questions you may have for the recruiters.

*If you do well, there will 1 to 2 other interviews at another time.

Interview Question – 1. How would you introduce a new employee to a current employee.
2. Explain a time you took a risk, and if that risk benefited you or not.
  Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in November 2012.

Interview Details – Be ready to be interviewed multiple times. The average amount of interviews is 3-5 times. The most important part is to demonstrate plenty of energy and excitement. Any customer experience stories will work to demonstrate how effective you will be in interactions with customers at Apple.

Interview Question – How would you define a loyal customer?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Apple Retail Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for Apple Specialist position at Christiana mall Apple store and went to group hiring event at a hotel in newark two weeks later. Ended up being the youngest guy there, mostly adults above 25 in my group(i'm 21). Most of the people I talked to at the event had no experience with computers at all. As a CompSci major I was shocked. So if you're looking for a job at apple and have no experience with computers or the brand, that clearly isn't a concern to them. After asking a varriety of really philosophical questions to the group after watching a short video they dismiss you. Group session was about 2 hours long. Was impressed at how the company handled itself at this point. Extremely impressed.

A day later I received an email asking to go to the actual store and interview for the position. I had to show up incredibly early before the store opened and state my piece. They asked the same exact questions they did at the group interview. I answered to to the best of my ability and then left. Honestly the second interview left a bad taste in my mouth about how the company operates though. The way the guy interviewing acted was extremely fake and insincere in what he was saying. A day later was contacted through email stating that they were "moving forward with other candidates."

Interview Question – What was the best retail experience you've had and why?   Answer Question

San Ramon, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went through about four interviews. I started off by actually coming into the store and speaking with some of the specialists and then the PR manager. I handed off my resume and was told to fill out an app online. I got a call back soon after had a phone interview right then and there and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. After having a solo interview with three managers I was told I would get a follow up in a week. I was called three days later and asked to come in to speak with the store leader. following that interview I interviewed with the marketing director. two background checks later and boom. It is a long process, mine was only about two weeks but I have heard it can take a lot longer.

Interview Question – nothing really that unexpected. Feel them out and adapt to the situation. think about what they are really asking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no real negotiations

Very Difficult Interview

North Providence, RI

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – durgin the interview process, i have to go through about 4 interviews. each interview was with a different employee of apple. manager regional managers that were all somewhat intimidating. when i tried to transfer store i lost my job. the store here in rhode island could perhaps be the worst store in america. they act as if they have their own water spring set aside from the rest of the worst. very stuck up.

Interview Question – what did you like most about our credo?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation i took what i could get.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted by a friend. A few weeks later the Retail coordinator e-mailed me to sign up for an open group interview. I picked the time slot and scheduled and hour long interview. There were two store representatives and about four other people in my group. They asked some basic questions about our customer service history and we answered by taking our turns around the table.

Interview Question – They asked about a time where I had trouble with a fellow co-worker and the steps I took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered a second interview but I could only pick between 3 or 3:30 on a Wednesday. When I told them those options do not work for my current schedule and asked if there were any earlier times they simply said 'no' and 'have a good day'.

Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through a friend, received invite to hiring event with about 50 other people. Presentation on Apple as a company, then proceeded to group activities. Had to make up skits/commercials advertising certain products. Had to think on the fly/be friendly/let guard down. Make an impression.

Interview Question – Advertise this paintbrush! What are its features and benefits?   Answer Question

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – To begin with, I applied online through their careers portal. Within 24 hours, they responded and requested I pick a date for a first round interview. The first interview was about a week later, and with six other people. Be sure to bring a nice Resume.

The first thing that may surprise you is that the meetings aren't held in the store (at least, for me they weren't). The management will come out and introduce themselves (be wary, they may or may not be wearing Apple attire), and take you to a spot in a mall, or around the corner.

You start with the introductions "Hi, my name is. I was born here. My favorite Apple product is X." But one question that kind of threw me was "If you could have one super power, what would it be?" (They seemed thoroughly impressed with "Limitless Wisdom"). Once that was out of the way, a few statements were made about the company...a pretty short speech. Then they asked you of a time where you provided "World-class customer service" (and for the love of God, never name your company). Then after everyone has had their say, the interviewer(s) will make a few more statements about the company, and then ask about a time where you were faced with a problem or obstruction that you had to work through to get an optimal solution.

After some time, the final question - "Why Apple?" - will be reached. You will answer, and then you will be given a paper to fill out about positions, availability, and all the other such things.

You shake their hands, and they say they'll call you within forty-eight hours in regards to your future (or lack thereof) with Apple. If you make it, I assume you get a call...I got an email.

All in all, it was a nice experience. They seem to be looking for the post-grads usually...open schedules, and committed minds.

Best of luck to those who apply!

Interview Questions

• If you could have one super power, what would it be?"   View Answer
  • "In thirty seconds, tell me...Why Apple?"   View Answer

Apple Retail Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a month I was called to interview for a retail position. This was my 5th time applying. The first was a group interview with a manager. My group was a lot of weird people and the questions were standard not, tell me why Apple is the best in the world but instead about your experiences in customer service, how you have helped people and ext. I did a second interview with a Senior Manager, then another interview with another manager then a final interview with the Market Leader. I got the call the day after the meeting with the market leader. There is no negotiation in pay its set.

Interview Question – Honestly, the questions are easy. Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!