Apple Apple Retail Specialist Interview Questions

2.9

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Had a phone interview, store interview, and with lead and a manager. It took a total of days. Phone , next day store interview and a few days later lead and manager. Very easy to interview with. Be positive upbeat.

Interview Questions
  • was very easy. Why Apple? In the past 5 years what are you most proud of   Answer Question
There was none

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at Apple in September 2014.

Received call from recruiter after years of online applications. The interview was brief and focused mostly on non-technical matters. I was moved along to a in-store interview which is still in process.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question: "You have a customer that wants to buy their Mac at a Best Buy. How would you convince them to choose Apple?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Florida, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Initially communicated by applying online. However I did follow up in person with a physical copy of my resume (which I encourage you do). I was contacted on my cell to come in and interview with one of the store managers. They asked a lot of behavioral questions, overcoming objection questions, and examples of relevant experience. Be prepared to align yourself with the brand and give a good point on why you would be good working with Apple. The second interview was very similar to the first with another manager. And the filing of you with the store leader. Very casual. I encourage you to be able to speak upon yourself, again why you would make a good fit at Apple retail. They can read through B.S, So don't bother.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you celebrated an achievement ?   Answer Question
    I took what was offered which I knew to be a reasonable wage that they normally offered at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2011.

Always helps to know someone working there and have them submit as they get priority. First interview was a group interview with about 25 other candidates. We learned about the company and worked in groups to find a solution to a problem set before us. I think they were looking for who works well together. Next interview was with 2 other people and 2 interviewers. It was more personal with what you were looking for from an employer and the job. I thing form the initial group interview only 2 of us were hired.

Interview Questions
    • What have you learned about yourself in the last year?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

I applied online and got an internal referral and within a few days I was invited to an Apple hiring event. When i got to the event apple employees greeted me and asked me to fill out a form asking about my availability and location preferences. I and the rest of the applicants (about 30 other applicants) waited for about 15 minutes before entering one of the rooms. They assigned us a table. They then welcomed us gave a few short presentations about the different retail roles. They asked us to introduce ourselves along with one interesting fact about ourselves. We then were asked a couple of group questions such as, a customer walks in and is interested in buying an iphone, how would you approach them? During these initial questions applicants were allowed to respond in no particular order. it felt like a conversation, except, well since it is an interview, applicants would often talk a lot to show their experience. After that, there was some role playing. you were given different scenarios and you had to take the customer role and then apple employee. Then they asked us another round of group questions and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • The final question went something like, Why do you believe you'd be a great apple team member?   Answer Question

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

The Group Interview process was great and it takes the nervousness out of someone because you're interacting with more people. The 2nd interview was a little harder but I think I did a solid job explaining my credentials. I'm still waiting for another interview to be scheduled. They make you feel comfortable in the first interview as well by showing Apple videos of employees having a great time working together and seeing why Apple is a unique job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple.

Initial communication was a phone call from someone at the store. They asked me to come in for an interview. I had previously applied 3 months prior so it wasn't a long time frame. When I got to the store, I was greeted by a few others. It was a group interview. Our interview was with three people in leadership from different positions in the store. After the interview, I received a phone call the next day asking if I could come in later that day. Again we had another group interview but this time it was with the store manager. After this interview, same process and another group interview with the market leader. After the interview they told us we would hear back by the next week and he was pretty accurate. I received a call with an offer about 3-4 days later. I thought it was a pretty smooth interview process, but you want to make sure that you are available for sour of the moment interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and what did you do to fix that.   Answer Question
    • Why Apple?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to solve a difficult problem or troubleshoot an issue and you didn't know the answer. How did you go about getting the correct solution?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep current with the most recent technology?   Answer Question
    During the negotiation phase I was given a call from the hiring manager. She asked me about my current job and my previous pay over the past few positions. She acted what I would like to make and eventually made an offer similar to what I had asked. It was a pretty easy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in August 2014.

I applied online for apple retail store jobs. I got an email in 2 weeks for a hiring event in a hotel in Waterbury, CT. I went there, there were about 25 people from all ages. First they introduced about the company and then asked everyone introduce their-self with their first technology product and favorite tv show. After the introduction they went over different retails jobs at apple stores. Than they made four groups of 4 to 5 people. Took us to side and gave and iPad to read question aloud and Answer it. Questions were like how do you deal with arrogant customers? When try something it was failed how did you respond to it etc.
    After all the groups came back in their seats. And than Q&A session started. At the end of event they called each applicant to see a recruiter. He told me they will prefer an other candidates and I can apply after three months.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with arrogant customers.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Applied online and received an invite to a hiring seminar within 2 weeks. Seminar consisted of 40 potential employees with a dozen staff from 2 different stores. Short introductory video about Apple followed by a period where you paired up and you introduced your partner. Next we broke up into small groups and had a short Q&A session.

Received a call the next day from a manager from one of the stores and said that I would moving on in the process and would receive a call for an interview within a week. A week later received a call from a different manager and had a 30 min long phone interview.

Received another email from the first manager saying that I was invited to an interview with the Store Leader the following week. Small group interview w/ 4 people followed.

Got invited to an interview with the Market Leader the following week, which was the last interview, again with 4 people. Received a call 1 week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time where you made a split decision and it was the wrong decision. How did that affect the way you went about future situations in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Apple in July 2014.

First interview was a group of 5 at the regional office in manhattan. One interviewer asking us all questions then started asking us each a specific question. Really relaxing interview if you're confident about speaking with people. A great way to stand out from the others.

Second interview was held at the store with the Store leader. WAY more nerve racking because you're almost there. This is one on one but sometimes two on one.

Still waiting on my response.

Interview Questions

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!