Apple

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Apple Store Leader Program

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Submit Resume/CL online, phone screening, onsite hiring event

Interview Question – Tell me if you have experiences that you exceed the expectation.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I missed on campus interview so I went to an apple store and the store manager interviewed me. No technical questions. Only behavior and like comfort friend's chat. We talked about one hour and he told will inform me the decision in two weeks.

Interview Question – Which software in Mac/iOS you use most frequently? How do you like it?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2012.

Interview Details – 2 rounds in all.
On campus recruiting, and got a group interview including 4 interviewers and 2 interviewees together. It is pretty casual and interesting. The later round is a in-store experience. In includes group projects and presentations

Interview Question – Which product you will desire for apple   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview:
1. Introduce yourself
2. Talk about your team work experience
3. Talk about your team leader experience
4. Explain your working/research experience

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – I went to an on campus job fair and met with Apple representatives. From there I heard about the Apple Store Leader Program and after talking to a few recruiters I was encouraged to apply. Though the deadline for the job was in March I was told that you should apply really early in order to be considered. I submitted a resume and cover letter online right after talking to them that day. About a month later I heard back that Apple wanted to have an interview with me. The interview was much different than any I have ever had. It took place at a hotel in downtown LA where 60 or so applicants arrived. From there we were split into two groups and went to seperate rooms. In there we all watched some videos about Apple and were asked questions as a whole. Anyone could raise their hand and answer. From there we were broken up into teams of 4 and had 30 minutes to prepare a presentation to give to the entire room.

A few hours after the interview I recieved a phone call telling me that I made it to the second round. The next round of interviews were to take place the very next day at the same hotel. The second round consisted of two 30 minute interviews. However, the only weird thing about it was that every candidate who was interviewing at the same time was interviewing in the same room. The room was big but you could really hear what the other candidates were saying. Each interview had two interviewers. From there if the interview went well candidates were invited to an Apple store for another "project". I did not make it to the final round but all the Apple people were incredibly nice. The most difficult thing about the interview was that it was quite a time commitment with travel and freeing up 3 days of time back-to-back can be hard for some.

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process consists of 3 different rounds. The first day we had a presentation and a group project, the second day [if you do well the first day] is two 45 minute panel interviews. If they like you in the interviews you go to the finalist round. The last round is a in-store experience. I am currently going in for the third and final round tonight.

Interview Questions

• What would be a recommendation on how to improve Apple's One to One course?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you received feedback from a customer and were able to use that to improve your customer service in the future.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was offered to participate in the Apple Store Leader Training program interview process. I will be a bachelor's degree graduate in a month and was competing with some current Apple employees (some of which had master's degrees). The interview is supposed to last four days, but I dropped out during the first day. The interview experience was a very positive one; I got to learn a lot from the current candidates in the program and hope to pursue other opportunities at Apple.

Interview Question – How did you hear about the Apple Store Leader Training program?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Apple in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Apple Store Leader program for recent college graduates. I was contacted by a recruiter and she spoke with me briefly about my interest in the program and to set up an informational meeting. I went to the meeting at a local hotel in the Columbus, OH area.

I walk into the place and the woman that greets me acts like I'm not suppose to be there. She gives me a confused look as I tell her my name. The demographics of the interviewees are mostly young, white, and hip. There was about 16 of us in the meeting. It was very awkward with the initial meet and greet. Everyone is talking about their lives and interests which seem very fake.

We all walk into another room and they play music as we walk in. A very cheery atmosphere, albeit fake. The informational meeting consisted on meeting with the local managers of Apple Stores in the region, watching a movie about the background of Apple, and we all had to introduce ourselves.

Then, we had to tell way we want to work for Apple and you basically have to suck up to them. Always say how much you love their products.

The managers had us to do a group project which consisted of different topics center around the new IPad. The idea was that we had to find an impressive way to sell this product to the masses as if it was going to be hard sell Apple products (sarcasm). Then, we presented our new idea to everyone.

After this was done, we were all told that we would be contacted at the end of the day if we were accepted to a second interview.

I wasn't chosen but I'm very sure that I didn't suck up enough to Apple and I wasn't their stereotypical type of people who work in the Apple Store. I mean just go into your local Apple store and see what type of people work there. If you feel out of place, then you don't stand a chance to work for them!

Interview Question – when did you first become interested in Apple?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in April 2010.

Interview Details – The actual interview process may take anywhere from one to three days, with the obvious communication beforehand not included. I received an e-mail from Apple inviting me to the initial seminary, and also received a call a couple of weeks later to check if I had any questions.

Day one consisted of a hiring seminar in which applicants were exposed to Apple culture, including video presentations. All of us introduced ourselves, and then the applicants were broke out into groups to work together to find solutions for given questions. The groups were full of intelligent people, so it wasn't too bad at all. After the presentations, they said they'd "let you know" by Friday.

That afternoon, I received my callback to interview in the second step. Two panel interviews at half-an-hour each wasn't terrible at all, and was pretty straight forward. A large emphasis was placed on behavioral questions, and figuring out if you fit in the corporate culture.

The process is currently still in progress for me, but we'll see how round three goes!

Interview Question – Please think of a time when you received feedback. How did you handle it, and what did you do with it?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – group interview, weird because everyone applied for sales jobs except me. I wasn't sure how they would consider me for a position that is far beyond just sales.

Interview Question – no technical knowledge? ha. you need to know some technical, they will ask you questions on "behavioural" but more like product knowledge combined.   Answer Question

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!