Apple

Apple Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

2.5

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Initially it was difficult for me to find out if my resume and application was received by the organization. I also found it a bit confusing that after my first and second interview which was presented in a group, my third interview and my final interview was also a group interview. This made the interview process more like a competition between the interviewee present.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult to answer, but since all questions were asked in a round robin style of questioning, you had to make sure that your answer was more interesting than the person who went before you.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, since the starting pay for a part time wage was much higher than the minimum wage. It was double the minimum wage in fact, which deterred me from looking to negotiate.

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2008.

Apple takes it's sweet time with the interview process. I applied online and heard from them probably a month later. I applied as a Genius as I've been using Macs for 15 plus years. They instead hired me as a Mac Specialist. THe first contact was a regional interview over the phone followed by an overt he phone test for the genius openin. I was then recommended down to the retail level where I was interviewed in person and several days later they got back to me with an offer. Two days of 8 hour training with all the other new hires at a local hotel. (paid $8 for training then $10 at my regular rate).

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation unless its another title you are going for in terms of pay. They know how much they are going to pay you based on the market they are in. For example in Richmond, VA they offered a few dollars less considering the lower cost of living than DC. Fun company to work for more than anything they are looking for customer service, their attitudes is they will train you. They like to think they are customers friends and not sales people. They want you to "Attach" products to the sale not up sell. For example a Student might need Microsoft office with his new MacBook. I rate it neutral because it's very clear that they want you to fit them not the other way around. They are going to do things their way. And if they weren't fun and nice people they could otherwise be creepy. It's the culture. They want good personality.