Apple

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in April 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview with market leader and flagship leaders. Two separate rooms. 4 people in each room. Dress casual smart. I don't think you need a tie or anything. You get one to few questions each leader.

Interview Question – Did you ever have to resolve a conflict?
Name a time you turned a underperforming employee to a really engaged employee.
  Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. After a few weeks I received an email asking if I could attend a an employment seminar and I accepted. I arrived early in a button down shirt and dress pants, others wore anything from a flannel and jeans to a suit 22 candidates total. We were taken to the food court where we mad our own name tags and were watched by several of the personnel 4.

We were then lead back to the store, everyones claps at your arrival. You take a stool, each Apple employee is introduced, and you listen to a presentation. Then you watch a movie about Apple. Next, you are asked to break into pairs. In pairs, you are tasked to interview each other, then asked to present each other in front of everyone. At this time about 15 Apple employees are watching and writing information on clipboards. After you listen to more presentation and watch more about Apple. Next you are asked questions about Apple as a group anyone can answer, I answered several myself.

Now you are split into groups or 4 or 5 and they count i out so you are not with someone you were sitting close to. Each of these groups have two apple employees to coach and watch. Each person is asked to pull a question out of a hat. They are regular interview questions... what did you do when... How did you handle this... Then your group is given a packet of information. It contains a short bio and product information. You are first tasked with developing three leading questions to ask the person in the bio. Next, based on those questions you all work together to meet that customers needs. Then you present your findings. Some groups did skits where someone pretended to be the employee and other the customer. Some people did a standard presentation. At this time the Apple employees are still writing information about each person.

After all presentations are finished you return to your seats and are given to ask the Apple employees questions. Make sure you ask some. Then you are given a formal document to fill out to select the jobs you are interested in, hours of availability, starting date. You are then given the opportunity to socialize with the employees.

I was email two days later for a second interview. I told the I was available and I was asked to come in a speak with a specific manager. When I arrived, I was told he had left for the day, but I overheard him introduce himself to another candidate he was interviewing while I was waiting and browsing the store. I was then led by two other managers out to an area to interview with them. The interview lasted just over an hour and consisted of regular interview questions with each person writing down information and asking follow up questions when they saw fit. After the interview, which seemed to go very well, the apple employees continued to speak with me as we disbursed. I wore dress pants and shirt with a sport coat.

After a week I received an email stating they were not interested from the original manager that contacted me, who I never had the opportunity to meet. I was surprised and dumbfounded because all interviews went good and the employees seemed to really like me.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when someone belittled you to the point of anger and how did you react?   View Answer
  • Name a situation where you gave exceptional customer service.
    Would you ever break policy?
      View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initially a recruiter for Apple contacted me after seeing my profile on LinkedIn. Advised that Apple needed to move quickly on a newly created position. Almost 3 mos before first 1:1 interview. Strange interviews - advised it was all about "the fit". Questions were met with vague responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself....   View Answer

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!