Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I submitted my initial application online and heard from a recruiter five days later. The first call was a preliminary interview that asked some basic questions regarding my experience and provided me with some information regarding the positions hours, start date, and salary. The recruiter advised me she was moving me on to a second more in depth Skype/Facetime interview for further consideration and set up a time on the call. The Skype interview was set for five days later and was approximately 20 minutes long. The interview consisted of some role play questions and basic customer service questions. At the end of the interview I was told that i was being recommended to the hiring manager for a third interview and to look for an email to confirm an interview date. I received the email the next day and scheduled the interview for the following day. Third interview was also via Skype but lasted approximately 50 minutes. Much more in depth, more role playing, a lot of customer focus questions, and some basic technical support questions. The very next day the recruiter called to tell me that I was moving forward and would receive an email to complete a background check. Background check email took three days to receive and nine days for the company to complete. Five days following the background check completion I received the call from apple with the official offer. The overall process was very laid back, though I was a bit nervous. Every employee I spoke with was incredibly friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really difficult or unexpected...customer focus is key in the interviews   Answer Question
No negotiations, salary is region based.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

--Applied online
    --Received a phone call for an informal phone interview/basic questions (5 minutes)
    --Scheduled a second, more detailed interview to be conducted via FaceTime/Skype (your preference) with an HR rep.
    --Second interview via FaceTime lasted about 45 minutes, including role playing scenarios
    --Received e-mail to schedule a third interview to be conducted via FaceTime/Skype with a Team Manager
    --Third interview with Team Manager via FaceTime lasted about 30 minutes included more detailed technical questions and role playing
    --Once the interview process is completed, you will be called about the background check process and given an offer contingent upon the successful background check
    --The background check took about 5 days (criminal, employment, and education)
    --Once the background check is completed, you will again be notified via phone that you will receive an official offer letter via mail
    --Offer packet contains tons of information and paperwork to be completed
    --Upon receipt of your completed paperwork you are scheduled for training and your equipment is shipped

--The culture is very, very relaxed. It's Apple. Some people call it a cult, but it really does help if you're truly passionate about the products of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is CPU?   View Answer
    • What is RAM?   View Answer
    • How would you respond to a college student who dropped her MacBook Pro and broke it during finals week?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. The starting salary is set in stone based on your region.

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

My resume was submitted internally. I waited almost a month before Apple called me, I actually got another job in the meantime. I received a cold call from a recruiter and a fifteen minute mini interview ensued. I was asked one customer service scenario and one very basic technical question about fixing an iPhone with a black screen Following that I was scheduled for another interview about a week later with another Apple recruiter. This interview lasted about thirty minutes.She asked me how I handled a situation with an irate customer and what I did to resolve it. She also asked me what type of e-mail I would recommend for sharing e-mail between an iPhone and an iPad. She liked my answers so she moved me on to a final interview with a team manager about a week later. That interview lasted almost an hour. The team manager I interviewed with asked me how I would handle a monster truck driver falling out of his truck, breaking his iPhone, and his arm. He also asked me about the difference between a hard drive and RAM, which one is faster, and how would explain that to an old lady. Then we talked about why I wanted to work for Apple and why he liked working for Apple. He told me that I would hear back in about three weeks. My recruiter called me three days later and advised me that the team manager really liked me and that I was moving into the background check phase. I received an e-mail from HireRight to fill out a form to start the background check. In the form you'll see things from your resume already imported. The process for me took about three business days to complete and HireRight did not need to contact me for more information. Almost a week after my check was completed my recruiter again called me to state that I was being offered a position and that I would receive an official offer letter in 3 business days, which arrived via FedEx. It came in a really nice white folder with a silver Apple logo on it. Along with the offer letter was also a ton of required paperwork (I-9, intellectual property, etc...) and an explanation of benefits. I start at the end of March. Here are some tips.

1. Be yourself, be prepared, and be excited
    2. Make sure all potential distractions are addressed (pets, kids, etc...)
    3. Make sure that your Skype or FaceTime are working and ready.
    4. Do NOT lie on your resume. HireRight performs employment verification and you can't fake your way through the interviews. You will get caught,.
    5. Be honest if you don't know the answer to the technical questions you will be asked. Apple is looking for superior customer service skills, technical troubleshooting can be taught. If you try to fake your way through it, you will get caught. The interviewers are very sharp.and very tech savvy.
    6. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask your interviewer why he/she likes working for Apple. He/she will be impressed!

Interview Questions
    • What type of e-mail would you recommend for someone who wants to share e-mail between an iPhone and an iPad   View Answers (4)

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

They contacted me via email to set up an interview. The email led me to a site where you signed up for our own interview from a selected time frame. They told me it was either going to be over the phone or the FaceTime app. I interviewed over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Finished off the interview with a role-play and that was difficult to me. I was only expecting straight question and answers so acting like the role of an at-home advisor really caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I went through three interviews. One over the phone and the other two were over FaceTime. This took about three weeks. I then verified my resume info and submitted it to Hire Right for my background check. The entire process was very professional and everyone I spoke with was very positive and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing with a parent who had saved a drowning child and now their phone won't work.   View Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I've two interviews so far; the first one, was by phone like one week after I did participate in a career fair online with them, and the other FaceTime, one week after the phone one. Both were really nice with me and I'm currently schedule for a manager interview the next week, this interview is going to be 45 minutes, the two first ones were 20.

This job is for at home advisor in Spanish, so some questions were in Spanish.

Interview Questions
    • How do you reset and iPhone
      A customer drop her iMac, is not going on, she is late for her class and need her info, what do you said?
      What kind of email would you use and why?
      Roll play in the second interview
      Describe a day in my last job
      Describe a situation with a hard customer

Some questions were in Spanish and, I'm expecting the 3rd interview to be 80% Spanish 20%english.

I'm still waiting for the next interview.
        Answer Question

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied in late August of 2012. They got back to me about a week or so later, with a brief phone interview. That was followed by two video interviews, via Skype about a week apart. Both of them were very professional, and the people I dealt with were very pleasant, and enthusiastic. I was hired, and started Oct. 1st

Interview Questions
    • There are two interviews. One is about your technical knowledge, the other is about your life experience, and how it would apply to working at Apple. Don't be put off by the second interview, and don't treat it as a "formality". This interview will weigh as much as the technical one. They hire "people persons" in other words, customer friendly, enthusiastic folks who want to help people. Do not come across as a rigid corporate type, Apple is not a place for rigid corporate types.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied via Craigslist. Four days later I was received a cold call from a recruiter, They liked what they heard, and scheduled an interview via skype, Skype interview did not go through, (problem on their end) proceeded with a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Traveling at airport, Her laptop was lost with her luggage, and her phone was not working. She couldnt make a call, send an email or anything.   View Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

The initial interview is done by telephone by an internal recruiter with Apple. She reviews the requirements of the position including shifts, salary, and training. If those requirements are agreed upon, they continue to the interview questions. They are mostly basic technical question with some minor role playing to demonstrate how empathetic you would be as well as your ability to explain technical issues in an easy to understand manner.

Interview Questions
    • Because it was the intial interview, the question were all quite easy. The most unexpected question was "What is a CPU?". I found it to be unexpected because I couldn't imagine anyone applying for a technical support position who didn't already know what a CPU was.   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied online and got an email 5 days later to attend an information session. 4 days later I got another email asking to schedule an interview through FaceTime.

The interview wasn't too bad. I was mainly asked questions about how I've dealt with angry customers in the past.