Apple

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

At-Home Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted internally. I waited almost a month before Apple called me, I actually got another job in the meantime. I received a cold call from a recruiter and a fifteen minute mini interview ensued. I was asked one customer service scenario and one very basic technical question about fixing an iPhone with a black screen Following that I was scheduled for another interview about a week later with another Apple recruiter. This interview lasted about thirty minutes.She asked me how I handled a situation with an irate customer and what I did to resolve it. She also asked me what type of e-mail I would recommend for sharing e-mail between an iPhone and an iPad. She liked my answers so she moved me on to a final interview with a team manager about a week later. That interview lasted almost an hour. The team manager I interviewed with asked me how I would handle a monster truck driver falling out of his truck, breaking his iPhone, and his arm. He also asked me about the difference between a hard drive and RAM, which one is faster, and how would explain that to an old lady. Then we talked about why I wanted to work for Apple and why he liked working for Apple. He told me that I would hear back in about three weeks. My recruiter called me three days later and advised me that the team manager really liked me and that I was moving into the background check phase. I received an e-mail from HireRight to fill out a form to start the background check. In the form you'll see things from your resume already imported. The process for me took about three business days to complete and HireRight did not need to contact me for more information. Almost a week after my check was completed my recruiter again called me to state that I was being offered a position and that I would receive an official offer letter in 3 business days, which arrived via FedEx. It came in a really nice white folder with a silver Apple logo on it. Along with the offer letter was also a ton of required paperwork (I-9, intellectual property, etc...) and an explanation of benefits. I start at the end of March. Here are some tips.

1. Be yourself, be prepared, and be excited
2. Make sure all potential distractions are addressed (pets, kids, etc...)
3. Make sure that your Skype or FaceTime are working and ready.
4. Do NOT lie on your resume. HireRight performs employment verification and you can't fake your way through the interviews. You will get caught,.
5. Be honest if you don't know the answer to the technical questions you will be asked. Apple is looking for superior customer service skills, technical troubleshooting can be taught. If you try to fake your way through it, you will get caught. The interviewers are very sharp.and very tech savvy.
6. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask your interviewer why he/she likes working for Apple. He/she will be impressed!

Interview Question – What type of e-mail would you recommend for someone who wants to share e-mail between an iPhone and an iPad   View Answers (4)

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – I went through three interviews. One over the phone and the other two were over FaceTime. This took about three weeks. I then verified my resume info and submitted it to Hire Right for my background check. The entire process was very professional and everyone I spoke with was very positive and friendly.

Interview Question – Role playing with a parent who had saved a drowning child and now their phone won't work.   View Answer

At-Home Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – They contacted me via email to set up an interview. The email led me to a site where you signed up for our own interview from a selected time frame. They told me it was either going to be over the phone or the FaceTime app. I interviewed over the phone.

Interview Question – Finished off the interview with a role-play and that was difficult to me. I was only expecting straight question and answers so acting like the role of an at-home advisor really caught me off guard.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

At-Home Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

Interview Details – I've two interviews so far; the first one, was by phone like one week after I did participate in a career fair online with them, and the other FaceTime, one week after the phone one. Both were really nice with me and I'm currently schedule for a manager interview the next week, this interview is going to be 45 minutes, the two first ones were 20.

This job is for at home advisor in Spanish, so some questions were in Spanish.

Interview Question – How do you reset and iPhone
A customer drop her iMac, is not going on, she is late for her class and need her info, what do you said?
What kind of email would you use and why?
Roll play in the second interview
Describe a day in my last job
Describe a situation with a hard customer

Some questions were in Spanish and, I'm expecting the 3rd interview to be 80% Spanish 20%english.

I'm still waiting for the next interview.
  Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via Craigslist. Four days later I was received a cold call from a recruiter, They liked what they heard, and scheduled an interview via skype, Skype interview did not go through, (problem on their end) proceeded with a phone interview.

Interview Question – Traveling at airport, Her laptop was lost with her luggage, and her phone was not working. She couldnt make a call, send an email or anything.   View Answer

At Home Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – I applied in late August of 2012. They got back to me about a week or so later, with a brief phone interview. That was followed by two video interviews, via Skype about a week apart. Both of them were very professional, and the people I dealt with were very pleasant, and enthusiastic. I was hired, and started Oct. 1st

Interview Question – There are two interviews. One is about your technical knowledge, the other is about your life experience, and how it would apply to working at Apple. Don't be put off by the second interview, and don't treat it as a "formality". This interview will weigh as much as the technical one. They hire "people persons" in other words, customer friendly, enthusiastic folks who want to help people. Do not come across as a rigid corporate type, Apple is not a place for rigid corporate types.   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview Details – The initial interview is done by telephone by an internal recruiter with Apple. She reviews the requirements of the position including shifts, salary, and training. If those requirements are agreed upon, they continue to the interview questions. They are mostly basic technical question with some minor role playing to demonstrate how empathetic you would be as well as your ability to explain technical issues in an easy to understand manner.

Interview Question – Because it was the intial interview, the question were all quite easy. The most unexpected question was "What is a CPU?". I found it to be unexpected because I couldn't imagine anyone applying for a technical support position who didn't already know what a CPU was.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

At-Home Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email 5 days later to attend an information session. 4 days later I got another email asking to schedule an interview through FaceTime.

The interview wasn't too bad. I was mainly asked questions about how I've dealt with angry customers in the past.

Interview Question – How did you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in January, attended Apple Career Fair online in mid March, spoke with a recruiter for about five minutes, and was contacted via phone the following day for about a ten minute call, mainly involving role playing. One week later I had my FaceTime interview, more customer support focused questions, and two more role playing scenarios. I have been referred for the next step....waiting to set up last interview with team manager. I have not received an official offer yet.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a negative situation in my current business (I am self-employed)? This is a normal interview question but because of the type of business I am in (home child care), it was actually somewhat difficult to answer.   Answer Question
  • How would you describe iCloud and RAM to someone that is not tech savvy?   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very much concerned with presentation and speaking ability at the FaceTime Interview. They aren't looking for tech experience but more of a passion in the employee(s)

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? What do you struggle with on a day to day basis?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!