Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisor At Home Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in June 2012.

The first phone interview was very pleasant. Did a facetime interview and discovered they wouldn't hire me unless I gave up my business even though I did not do what they do and was very slow at the time. After 11 years, I don't think so! I only wanted to supplement, not compete.
  Did NOT introduce herself, was unprofessional and confrontational. Asked for tax returns!!! I don't think so! I did complain about the interview & she called back under a blocked #. Also facetimed me with a yahoo address. I am wondering about this whole thing!! Be careful!

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Apple in September 2012.

I applied online and received an email 2 days later with a list of questions. I answered the questions and sent back the email. That was Friday, by that Monday I had received a call and spoke to an awesome woman and she asked me some general tech questions. She was impressed and decided to move me through the process. I had an interview via FaceTime the next day. Awesome interview process

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

I applied online through apple's website and then received an email indicating a presentation on campus of my university. I was asked to fill out a 6 question inquiry regarding my history with apple products, my experience of troubleshooting/customer service. The questionaire also consisted of if I was able to comply with providing a desk and ergonomic chair, also a internet connection mbps or better with a dedicated LAN line. Next I received an email to schedule an interview at my school. The interview was over an iPad. I thought that was pretty cool. The following day I was asked to fill out an official application to apple and a background check through hire right. Exactly a week later I received a job offer and gladly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most recent technical issue you've had to face with your computer and did you resolve it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in July 2012.

I was first contacted by email and phone a month after I applied. I was sent an email with a survey asking about if I could attend training on a certain day, agree to a certain pay rate, and do what I needed to do to meet the at home office requirements. I had a total of two interviews done over the phone, and the process was about a month long. They tell you at the first contact when training will start if you are selected. The process was very competitive and stressful.

Interview Questions
    I was initially offered a very nice rate of pay for the area I live in. When I got the call for the official job offer, they offered me a dollar more per hour. I was very thrilled and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in July 2012.

They email you twice before a phone interview. Make sure you have the requirements to work from home. Then 3 phone interviews and a FaceTime or Skype interview. During your time, you must pass 3 test to keep the job. If you fail, they fire you.

Interview Questions
    • How would you troubleshoot email issues.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Definitely the most interesting interview process I have ever gone through. All of the interviews were done over the phone or on FaceTime. I have never virtually interviewed before and it was an amazing process. Very laid back and casual but demanding at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • What was a recent situation where you had to help an irate customer? How did you handle the situation? What would you have done differently?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

there were 3 interviews for this position: an initial general interview that tested your overall computer knowledge, then an interview with a manager testing you customer service abilities, and a final interview with a complex more complex questions that if answered correctly would earn you the job offer

Interview Questions
    • What is RAM was asked during my first interview   View Answer
    I was sent a packet of information that detailed the job and its requirements

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied via Craigslist. Four days later I was received a cold call from a recruiter, They liked what they heard, and scheduled an interview via skype, Skype interview did not go through, (problem on their end) proceeded with a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Traveling at airport, Her laptop was lost with her luggage, and her phone was not working. She couldnt make a call, send an email or anything.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I went through three interviews. One over the phone and the other two were over FaceTime. This took about three weeks. I then verified my resume info and submitted it to Hire Right for my background check. The entire process was very professional and everyone I spoke with was very positive and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing with a parent who had saved a drowning child and now their phone won't work.   View Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple.

i feel i should give back to this site, it really helped me get ready for my interviews with this employer,
    i started with search for the role on apple website itself, after applying, i filled a form which was a general form of gender, race and colour kind of form. over 2 days an apple recruiter contacted me, giving me details of the role and if i was still interested.
    the recruiter then asked me for complete a qualifying form, which asks u to test your internet connection and if u could get some appliances and work tools such as ergonomic chair and change your line number.
    after qualifying that round, an interview was setup with a company, it was a kind of virtual interview that u record your answers, basic question like
    what are main types of audio files?
    arrange the bytes from the highest to the lowest? they will give u options
    how do u troubleshoot an iphone with about 6 problems and give examples how you treat the customer or caller
     i focused on my strongest points which was on customer treatment since i wasnt an apple guru or a qualified technician.
     i would suggest always show empathy and compassion towards the customer. reassurance that u care about their queries and complaint.
    even if u don't know the answer straight away say ul troubleshoot from the apple support website and gain agreement with the customer before proceeding to the next step,
    after that there was a lot of emails to follow up, always follow up your interviews to know your progress, unless they ask you not to.
    after which a telephone interview with a hiring manager, a couple of technical questions, the person at the other end if the line was very knowledgeable and nice, basic questions were asked to make me comfortable, after which more technical and skill application questions asked. at this point the recruiter said i was going to get a background check to speed things along if i was hired but this doesnt mean i would get hired
    at the end of that i asked questions and i added i was eager to learn with strong emphasis, after which there was a skype interview with the team manager.
    a lot of tricky questions where asked, remain calm and take your time before giving an answer because everything u say is recorded.

To cut the story short? i did a lot of research and take time out to learn about the company,
    support your explanation with examples in real life situations where necessary

Good luck !

Interview Questions
    • the first question why do u think customer service is important to apple   View Answer
    i dint bother negotiating

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!