Apple

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.9

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Applied through a online company and received a interview. The process took place at a hotel and it was a little intimidating. I was not ready for the questions they asked. Next time I will do more research.

Interview Questions
  • Explaining what to do if customer broke product with no warranty.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in November 2014.

To begin, I applied online for the AppleCare At Home Advisor position and was contacted 6 days later by an Apple recruiter. She was exceptionally kind and sent me a short questionnaire asking me to respond with my name, phone number, university, GPA, unofficial transcript, and current class schedule. Two or three hours after responding I was called by the same recruiter, and we briefly discussed and confirmed the information I had emailed to her. I got the sense that this brief 5 minute call was just to make sure I was a normal person who could answer a phone and answer questions easily. At the end of the call she told me that I would be getting an email shortly with information regarding the next step. The next day I received that email which contained a link to schedule an interview time and a link to attend a virtual event that prepares you for the job and the interview. I was not able to attend the virtual event before my interview, but I signed up and attended it 5 or 6 days after.

Prior to the interview, I looked up everything about the interview, reviews, benefits, and inside information on GlassDoor. This helped me going into the interview know what they were looking for.

Now, about the interview itself. I set up my desk, plugged my MacBook into ethernet, and made sure there wasn't ambient noise in the background of FaceTime. I suggest setting up a FaceTime interview to demonstrate your use and love for Apple products immediately. If you have Skype on you computer but FaceTime on your phone, just Skype them then. Use whatever you have on your computer. The email said to be ready ~15 minutes prior to the interview time. The interview FaceTime video called me right on time. Here is the layout of what we discussed:

1) The Basics:
    Can you work these hours? Will you be able to start training at this time? Will you have this internet connection and ergonomic chair? Will you have a quiet atmosphere with a closed door? Do you know what this job is about?

2) Personal Questions:
    HOW DO YOU MANAGE YOUR TIME WITH ALL YOUR ACTIVITIES (IMPORTANT)? What is a specific time you had a commitment conflict and how did you handle that? How do you react when people are angry with Apple's products and you? How do you deal with stress? What challenges do you foresee working from home?

3) Role-Play Scenarios / Technical Questions:
    My computer is plugged in but won't turn on, what do I do? I dropped my iPad and the screen broke, and I am angry with Apple's product. Why is my iPhone battery dying so fast?

Don't feel pressured to answer right away - you can take a moment to think.
    For the time-management questions, think of specific times you had to balance commitments and what you did ahead of time. They want to see that you are resourceful and hard-working in those situations.
    For the role-play, just empathize with the customer (like everyone else on GlassDoor is saying) and try to communicate to them that you will try to help them and you are on their side.
    For the technical questions, just try the best you can thinking of what you can do to help them. Simple things like "try pressing and holding the hold button on the top of your phone" or "turn of you location services and background refresh to save battery" help show that you have some knowledge of Apple's products. However, they don't really expect you to know that much.

My interviewer was a nice guy, probably 29 years-old, and he was very understanding and easy-going. He communicated well with me and was not harsh or rude whatsoever. Even though I felt as if I was sort of stumbling through the interview, I still got the job.

Just be yourself and even if you feel awkward, and it will be ok! They have met with plenty of awkward people, and you are probably critiquing yourself more than they are even critiquing you.

Interview Questions
    • When is a specific time that you had to balance commitments?   View Answer
    No negotiation, just a simple phone call telling me I got the job. However, after I applied to train in the winter and begin second semester, I registered for my spring classes and realized that I was not going to be able to attend training on Thursdays. The woman then quickly offered for me to start training in the summer and work the year starting after training. I gladly accepted that offer and she told me they would contact me before the summer training starts in an email with information about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Very positive experience and also thought at same time for someone with ample experience with the job experience. The interview can feel award if you aren't able to relate to what they are looking for. My past jobs prepared me well I think and also as a knowing a little how they work from other experience. The process is fairly long it feels like forever but only lasted about 4 weeks. Can't wait to start and get immersed in the job to really know how it all works.

Interview Questions
    • What was a instance where you were given praise by your boss/supervisor?   View Answer
    Take it or leave it. It's Apple and I am happy to have the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Applied online and took about a month for a random call asking for me to give them a call back. Called her back and verified an interview for that same day. Later on that day had the interview and it was more personality and not technical at all. Had a follow up interview the next day and the recruiter gave me some prep hints about looking up what an Operating System does, the difference between RAM and Storage. Also to know the difference between IMAP and POP email accounts. Interview was as expected technical slightly, but more about customer service and empathy. This recruiter told me that I would receive another interview from one last person. This interview was very short and the recruiter told me that I would hear something within 3 weeks. I had the offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating and it was low for my experience, but they do it standard across the board.

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Had one FaceTime interview for the College At-Home Advisor position. The questions were like: how do you handle situational issues in the work place, how do you handle stress, how do you treat a customer, how did you make an unhappy customer happy again, etc. It wasn't to bad, just take deep breathes and draw on your experience of customer care. They don't care that you don't know technical things. Of course, it doesn't hurt to know some basic things about their products.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing was calming your nerves since you are talking to Apple. Other than that, it really isn't that bad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I submitted my initial application online and heard from a recruiter five days later. The first call was a preliminary interview that asked some basic questions regarding my experience and provided me with some information regarding the positions hours, start date, and salary. The recruiter advised me she was moving me on to a second more in depth Skype/Facetime interview for further consideration and set up a time on the call. The Skype interview was set for five days later and was approximately 20 minutes long. The interview consisted of some role play questions and basic customer service questions. At the end of the interview I was told that i was being recommended to the hiring manager for a third interview and to look for an email to confirm an interview date. I received the email the next day and scheduled the interview for the following day. Third interview was also via Skype but lasted approximately 50 minutes. Much more in depth, more role playing, a lot of customer focus questions, and some basic technical support questions. The very next day the recruiter called to tell me that I was moving forward and would receive an email to complete a background check. Background check email took three days to receive and nine days for the company to complete. Five days following the background check completion I received the call from apple with the official offer. The overall process was very laid back, though I was a bit nervous. Every employee I spoke with was incredibly friendly and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected...customer focus is key in the interviews   Answer Question
    No negotiations, salary is region based.

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

--Applied online
    --Received a phone call for an informal phone interview/basic questions (5 minutes)
    --Scheduled a second, more detailed interview to be conducted via FaceTime/Skype (your preference) with an HR rep.
    --Second interview via FaceTime lasted about 45 minutes, including role playing scenarios
    --Received e-mail to schedule a third interview to be conducted via FaceTime/Skype with a Team Manager
    --Third interview with Team Manager via FaceTime lasted about 30 minutes included more detailed technical questions and role playing
    --Once the interview process is completed, you will be called about the background check process and given an offer contingent upon the successful background check
    --The background check took about 5 days (criminal, employment, and education)
    --Once the background check is completed, you will again be notified via phone that you will receive an official offer letter via mail
    --Offer packet contains tons of information and paperwork to be completed
    --Upon receipt of your completed paperwork you are scheduled for training and your equipment is shipped

--The culture is very, very relaxed. It's Apple. Some people call it a cult, but it really does help if you're truly passionate about the products of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is CPU?   View Answer
    • What is RAM?   View Answer
    • How would you respond to a college student who dropped her MacBook Pro and broke it during finals week?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. The starting salary is set in stone based on your region.

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple.

i feel i should give back to this site, it really helped me get ready for my interviews with this employer,
    i started with search for the role on apple website itself, after applying, i filled a form which was a general form of gender, race and colour kind of form. over 2 days an apple recruiter contacted me, giving me details of the role and if i was still interested.
    the recruiter then asked me for complete a qualifying form, which asks u to test your internet connection and if u could get some appliances and work tools such as ergonomic chair and change your line number.
    after qualifying that round, an interview was setup with a company, it was a kind of virtual interview that u record your answers, basic question like
    what are main types of audio files?
    arrange the bytes from the highest to the lowest? they will give u options
    how do u troubleshoot an iphone with about 6 problems and give examples how you treat the customer or caller
     i focused on my strongest points which was on customer treatment since i wasnt an apple guru or a qualified technician.
     i would suggest always show empathy and compassion towards the customer. reassurance that u care about their queries and complaint.
    even if u don't know the answer straight away say ul troubleshoot from the apple support website and gain agreement with the customer before proceeding to the next step,
    after that there was a lot of emails to follow up, always follow up your interviews to know your progress, unless they ask you not to.
    after which a telephone interview with a hiring manager, a couple of technical questions, the person at the other end if the line was very knowledgeable and nice, basic questions were asked to make me comfortable, after which more technical and skill application questions asked. at this point the recruiter said i was going to get a background check to speed things along if i was hired but this doesnt mean i would get hired
    at the end of that i asked questions and i added i was eager to learn with strong emphasis, after which there was a skype interview with the team manager.
    a lot of tricky questions where asked, remain calm and take your time before giving an answer because everything u say is recorded.

To cut the story short? i did a lot of research and take time out to learn about the company,
    support your explanation with examples in real life situations where necessary

Good luck !

Interview Questions
    • the first question why do u think customer service is important to apple   View Answer
    i dint bother negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2014.

I went through three interviews. One over the phone and the other two were over FaceTime. This took about three weeks. I then verified my resume info and submitted it to Hire Right for my background check. The entire process was very professional and everyone I spoke with was very positive and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Role playing with a parent who had saved a drowning child and now their phone won't work.   View Answers (2)

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

They contacted me via email to set up an interview. The email led me to a site where you signed up for our own interview from a selected time frame. They told me it was either going to be over the phone or the FaceTime app. I interviewed over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Finished off the interview with a role-play and that was difficult to me. I was only expecting straight question and answers so acting like the role of an at-home advisor really caught me off guard.   Answer Question