Apple

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.9

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in April 2014.

The initial interview is done by telephone by an internal recruiter with Apple. She reviews the requirements of the position including shifts, salary, and training. If those requirements are agreed upon, they continue to the interview questions. They are mostly basic technical question with some minor role playing to demonstrate how empathetic you would be as well as your ability to explain technical issues in an easy to understand manner.

Interview Questions
  • Because it was the intial interview, the question were all quite easy. The most unexpected question was "What is a CPU?". I found it to be unexpected because I couldn't imagine anyone applying for a technical support position who didn't already know what a CPU was.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apple in April 2014.

Applied online and got an email 5 days later to attend an information session. 4 days later I got another email asking to schedule an interview through FaceTime.

The interview wasn't too bad. I was mainly asked questions about how I've dealt with angry customers in the past.

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Applied online in January, attended Apple Career Fair online in mid March, spoke with a recruiter for about five minutes, and was contacted via phone the following day for about a ten minute call, mainly involving role playing. One week later I had my FaceTime interview, more customer support focused questions, and two more role playing scenarios. I have been referred for the next step....waiting to set up last interview with team manager. I have not received an official offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a negative situation in my current business (I am self-employed)? This is a normal interview question but because of the type of business I am in (home child care), it was actually somewhat difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe iCloud and RAM to someone that is not tech savvy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Apple in March 2014.

Applied online and took about a month for a random call asking for me to give them a call back. Called her back and verified an interview for that same day. Later on that day had the interview and it was more personality and not technical at all. Had a follow up interview the next day and the recruiter gave me some prep hints about looking up what an Operating System does, the difference between RAM and Storage. Also to know the difference between IMAP and POP email accounts. Interview was as expected technical slightly, but more about customer service and empathy. This recruiter told me that I would receive another interview from one last person. This interview was very short and the recruiter told me that I would hear something within 3 weeks. I had the offer in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating and it was low for my experience, but they do it standard across the board.

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

communications were very fluid

Interview Questions
    • "troubleshoot an internet issue that your grandmother is having with her iPad"   Answer Question
    no negotiations

At-Home-Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The interview was for a temporary position while in college where you could work from home. The interview process consisted of one in-person interview which was very relaxed. Questions were very general interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for Apple". There were no real technical questions.

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

You will be asked about your customer service skills and basic technical skills and that means they will have you tell a story about a time you handled a hot customer or your family ipad would not connect to the wi-fi at your home and how you went about solving it. typically 2 interviews over the phone and 1 via facetime. All interviewers will be different people.

not flexible at all. Apple treats prospective employees with disdain and abrasiveness.

At Home Advisor Interview

Submitted an application on the Apple jobs site in July and didn't receive a call-back until January. It was unexpected and I missed the call. A recruiter left a voicemail and sent an email stating their interest in my application. She stated in her email to reply back to email and also added I could call but she would more than likely be unavailable. I replied back to email and waited for a response or callback. After a week past, I called her and she answered. I was at that point put into the interview process which took about 15 minutes. She asked me about my experience and gave me two scenarios before advancing me to the second interview. Second interview will be via Skype/Facetime with another person lasting about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about both my technical and customer service experience. I was also asked about what steps I'd take if someone was having an issue connecting to the internet.   Answer Question

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Had one FaceTime interview for the College At-Home Advisor position. The questions were like: how do you handle situational issues in the work place, how do you handle stress, how do you treat a customer, how did you make an unhappy customer happy again, etc. It wasn't to bad, just take deep breathes and draw on your experience of customer care. They don't care that you don't know technical things. Of course, it doesn't hurt to know some basic things about their products.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing was calming your nerves since you are talking to Apple. Other than that, it really isn't that bad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

I applied online but heard nothing, a week later a friend forwarded my resume to his supervisor. I received a call from Apple about a week or so later. She told me they were hiring specifically a 40 hr/wk position, 4 8-hour days during the wk and 1 8-hour weekend day and that I must be available between 5am-11pm CST. Also that training would be 40 hrs for 4-6 weeks. She told me the starting rate (My starting wage was $2 lower than a friend who worked there previously, so it does vary). She asked me 3 questions and then advised me that I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I did hear back from them via email with the standard "we have chosen someone else".

Interview Questions
    • If a customer called in because they fell and dropped their phone and now it is not working,how would you respond.   View Answer
    • If a customer called in because their phone isn't holding a charge, what 3 things would you have them check.   View Answers (2)
    • Describe what an Operating System is.   View Answer