Apple

Getting the Interview

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Interview Details – there were 3 interviews for this position: an initial general interview that tested your overall computer knowledge, then an interview with a manager testing you customer service abilities, and a final interview with a complex more complex questions that if answered correctly would earn you the job offer

Interview Question – What is RAM was asked during my first interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was sent a packet of information that detailed the job and its requirements

Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online but heard nothing, a week later a friend forwarded my resume to his supervisor. I received a call from Apple about a week or so later. She told me they were hiring specifically a 40 hr/wk position, 4 8-hour days during the wk and 1 8-hour weekend day and that I must be available between 5am-11pm CST. Also that training would be 40 hrs for 4-6 weeks. She told me the starting rate (My starting wage was $2 lower than a friend who worked there previously, so it does vary). She asked me 3 questions and then advised me that I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I did hear back from them via email with the standard "we have chosen someone else".

Interview Questions

• If a customer called in because they fell and dropped their phone and now it is not working,how would you respond.   View Answer
  • If a customer called in because their phone isn't holding a charge, what 3 things would you have them check.   View Answer
  • Describe what an Operating System is.   Answer Question

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – You will be asked about your customer service skills and basic technical skills and that means they will have you tell a story about a time you handled a hot customer or your family ipad would not connect to the wi-fi at your home and how you went about solving it. typically 2 interviews over the phone and 1 via facetime. All interviewers will be different people.

Negotiation Details – not flexible at all. Apple treats prospective employees with disdain and abrasiveness.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview Details – Thus far I have had 2 phone interviews and 1 FaceTime interview with another FaceTime interview scheduled with the hiring manager. This process has taken 3 weeks thus far and what I have experienced is a desire to make sure the interviewee will take the most care with the customer rather than focusing on technical knowledge.

Interview Question – What is the difference between RAM and a hard-drive? Is RAM volatile or stable?   View Answer

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Submitted an application on the Apple jobs site in July and didn't receive a call-back until January. It was unexpected and I missed the call. A recruiter left a voicemail and sent an email stating their interest in my application. She stated in her email to reply back to email and also added I could call but she would more than likely be unavailable. I replied back to email and waited for a response or callback. After a week past, I called her and she answered. I was at that point put into the interview process which took about 15 minutes. She asked me about my experience and gave me two scenarios before advancing me to the second interview. Second interview will be via Skype/Facetime with another person lasting about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – I was asked about both my technical and customer service experience. I was also asked about what steps I'd take if someone was having an issue connecting to the internet.   Answer Question

At-Home-Advisor Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Month long hiring process. I had two Skype interviews with existing managers with basic behaviorial questions. There was one roleplay during each interview as well

Interview Question – Name a time that you encountered an angry customer in the workplace, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the Apple College Program through CSU Sacramento in early February 2012. Didn't hear back about an interview until late March 2012. Interviewed in early April, and received offer mid/late April.

Interview took place on campus. FaceTime interview. Basic questions asked, such as responding to hypothetical scenarios, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Not too long.

Interview Question – Asked about my current computer that I used.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Sent offer letter with hourly rate I would receive (not discussed during interview).

Very Easy Interview

At-Home Advisor Interview

San Marcos, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – First you submit your resume to the recruiters via web then you answer some questions online regarding your experience on working with technology and customer service. Then you go to the interview in the university and are interviewed One to One via an iPad. During the interview you talk about your self and your work experience. You talk about what you do in school and your hobbies.

Negotiation Details – For the At-Home Advisor position, everyone gets the same pay.

At Home Advisor Interview

I interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – I though the interview process was very laid back and wasn't very hard. They are looking for someone not so much with the technical background but with someone that is very VERY empathetic towards their customers and can make the customer feel at ease.

Interview Question – During your final interview with a manager, they ask several scenario questions. One in particular was: A customer calls and indicates while with his daughter at the mall someone has stolen his iPhone and he very much needs to get it back because he has irreplaceable photos of his daughter on it. What would you do?   View Answer

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – I just had the 20min interview last week. It was pleasant with a few technical questions. The interview with the hiring manager is scheduled.

Interview Question – Explain to a caller what to do if they have just dropped their IPad.   View Answers (3)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Apple