Apple

Relevance Date Difficulty

At-Home Advisor Interview

At-Home Advisor
Gainesville, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Apple in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very much concerned with presentation and speaking ability at the FaceTime Interview. They aren't looking for tech experience but more of a passion in the employee(s)

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? What do you struggle with on a day to day basis?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

At Home Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – communications were very fluid

Interview Question – "troubleshoot an internet issue that your grandmother is having with her iPad"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

At-Home-Advisor Interview

At-Home-Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The interview was for a temporary position while in college where you could work from home. The interview process consisted of one in-person interview which was very relaxed. Questions were very general interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for Apple". There were no real technical questions.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process too approximately 8 weeks from application until the first phone call. The first call was intended to sound informal, more to confirm information on my resume, but you could tell it was more structured than they want you to know. Basically a "preliminary" interview. Second call was a scheduled phone interview. Then a Skype interview with a hiring manager. Next a second Skype interview with a Team Manager. They skipped most of the technical questions due to my previous work experience (the interviewing TM worked for the same company previously). After that came an offer phone call explaining the hiring packet and conference call, an the official offer. Interview to hiring was an additional 4 weeks. So from application to start date was approximately 12 weeks.

Interview Question – How would you respond to a friend asking about upcoming Apple products?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They upped their offer without me even asking.

Gilbert, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in March 2013.

Interview Details – There is an application process, then they will contact you for an interview. When they do you specify mode of communication via the internet. I chose Skype instead of Facetime, which they brought up in the interview. The interviewer was very kind. She told me to relax and it felt like we were just having a conversation. The flow was good, with not very difficult questions.

Interview Question – The unexpected question is if I had to help anyone recently with any technical issues?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They would not allow summer classes to be taken at the same time as the job.

Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in September 2013.

Interview Details – there were 3 interviews for this position: an initial general interview that tested your overall computer knowledge, then an interview with a manager testing you customer service abilities, and a final interview with a complex more complex questions that if answered correctly would earn you the job offer

Interview Question – What is RAM was asked during my first interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was sent a packet of information that detailed the job and its requirements

Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online but heard nothing, a week later a friend forwarded my resume to his supervisor. I received a call from Apple about a week or so later. She told me they were hiring specifically a 40 hr/wk position, 4 8-hour days during the wk and 1 8-hour weekend day and that I must be available between 5am-11pm CST. Also that training would be 40 hrs for 4-6 weeks. She told me the starting rate (My starting wage was $2 lower than a friend who worked there previously, so it does vary). She asked me 3 questions and then advised me that I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I did hear back from them via email with the standard "we have chosen someone else".

Interview Questions

• If a customer called in because they fell and dropped their phone and now it is not working,how would you respond.   View Answer
  • If a customer called in because their phone isn't holding a charge, what 3 things would you have them check.   View Answers (2)
  • Describe what an Operating System is.   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Interview Details – Thus far I have had 2 phone interviews and 1 FaceTime interview with another FaceTime interview scheduled with the hiring manager. This process has taken 3 weeks thus far and what I have experienced is a desire to make sure the interviewee will take the most care with the customer rather than focusing on technical knowledge.

Interview Question – What is the difference between RAM and a hard-drive? Is RAM volatile or stable?   View Answer

At Home Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – You will be asked about your customer service skills and basic technical skills and that means they will have you tell a story about a time you handled a hot customer or your family ipad would not connect to the wi-fi at your home and how you went about solving it. typically 2 interviews over the phone and 1 via facetime. All interviewers will be different people.

Negotiation Details – not flexible at all. Apple treats prospective employees with disdain and abrasiveness.

Interviewed at Apple

Interview Details – Submitted an application on the Apple jobs site in July and didn't receive a call-back until January. It was unexpected and I missed the call. A recruiter left a voicemail and sent an email stating their interest in my application. She stated in her email to reply back to email and also added I could call but she would more than likely be unavailable. I replied back to email and waited for a response or callback. After a week past, I called her and she answered. I was at that point put into the interview process which took about 15 minutes. She asked me about my experience and gave me two scenarios before advancing me to the second interview. Second interview will be via Skype/Facetime with another person lasting about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – I was asked about both my technical and customer service experience. I was also asked about what steps I'd take if someone was having an issue connecting to the internet.   Answer Question