Apple

55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

At-Home-Advisor Interview

At-Home-Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – Month long hiring process. I had two Skype interviews with existing managers with basic behaviorial questions. There was one roleplay during each interview as well

Interview Question – Name a time that you encountered an angry customer in the workplace, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the Apple College Program through CSU Sacramento in early February 2012. Didn't hear back about an interview until late March 2012. Interviewed in early April, and received offer mid/late April.

Interview took place on campus. FaceTime interview. Basic questions asked, such as responding to hypothetical scenarios, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Not too long.

Interview Question – Asked about my current computer that I used.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Sent offer letter with hourly rate I would receive (not discussed during interview).

San Marcos, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2012.

Interview Details – First you submit your resume to the recruiters via web then you answer some questions online regarding your experience on working with technology and customer service. Then you go to the interview in the university and are interviewed One to One via an iPad. During the interview you talk about your self and your work experience. You talk about what you do in school and your hobbies.

Negotiation Details – For the At-Home Advisor position, everyone gets the same pay.

At Home Advisor

I interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

Interview Details – I though the interview process was very laid back and wasn't very hard. They are looking for someone not so much with the technical background but with someone that is very VERY empathetic towards their customers and can make the customer feel at ease.

Interview Question – During your final interview with a manager, they ask several scenario questions. One in particular was: A customer calls and indicates while with his daughter at the mall someone has stolen his iPhone and he very much needs to get it back because he has irreplaceable photos of his daughter on it. What would you do?   View Answer

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Interview Details – I just had the 20min interview last week. It was pleasant with a few technical questions. The interview with the hiring manager is scheduled.

Interview Question – Explain to a caller what to do if they have just dropped their IPad.   View Answers (3)

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Apple.

Interview Details – The process was surprisingly simple and stress free. I first completed a phone screening and the person told me they wanted to move me along to the next step. A few days later I scheduled a Facetime interview and a few days after that I had the interview. She didn't ask many technical questions. She wanted to know more about my background. Before it ended I was told that I was again moving on in the process and a few days later I again received an email to schedule a Facetime intervew. That interview was not incredibly technical. They asked if I use any Apple products. I had the original IPad and I currently had a Macbook Air. He asked me to look up the details on the type of computer I was using. This interview also wasn't very technical. I feel like they are looking more for people who have the ability to learn and not just those who already have the knowledge. There is a 4 week training so they give you plenty of training for your position.

Interview Question – If someone called in and stated that their computer would not connect to the internet what troubleshooting steps would you go through. This isn't a difficult question but it is the most difficult they asked.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I'm not one who likes to negotiate when I first get hired. I took the offer they made. When I first asked about the pay during the first phone call I was told the pay was going to be $14 but then they offered $15.75/hr. Before I applied for this job I had looked into potential within the company and I'm getting training that would be very costly if I had to pay for it. After a year I'll have the certificates and experience to move up within Apple.

At-Home Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Apple in February 2013.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting, applied online, got interview the next week and a background check the week after the interview, got the offer a week after the background check

Interview Question – They asked me what ram is, that wasn't hard. But then they asked me to describe ram to a non-tech savvy person.   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – N/A

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Apple in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied at the apple recruiting website

Interview Question – No questions that wouldn't be expected. However, I did not (and should have) expected "A customer is calling in wanting to know how much it would be to repair the cracked screen on her iPhone 4".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-Nogotiable

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Interview Details – Definitely the most interesting interview process I have ever gone through. All of the interviews were done over the phone or on FaceTime. I have never virtually interviewed before and it was an amazing process. Very laid back and casual but demanding at the same time.

Interview Question – What was a recent situation where you had to help an irate customer? How did you handle the situation? What would you have done differently?   View Answers (2)

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Apple in May 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview. 2 face interviews on skype. Very professional but asked tech questions every tech support agent should know. I found the interviews very laid back and easy.

Interview Question – You need to understand what cpus do and what ram is and how to troubleshoot display and peripherals that attach to desktops as well as laptops.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered more money than they originally stated. I was very pleased.