Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.9

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

You will be asked about your customer service skills and basic technical skills and that means they will have you tell a story about a time you handled a hot customer or your family ipad would not connect to the wi-fi at your home and how you went about solving it. typically 2 interviews over the phone and 1 via facetime. All interviewers will be different people.

not flexible at all. Apple treats prospective employees with disdain and abrasiveness.

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

At Home Advisor Interview

Submitted an application on the Apple jobs site in July and didn't receive a call-back until January. It was unexpected and I missed the call. A recruiter left a voicemail and sent an email stating their interest in my application. She stated in her email to reply back to email and also added I could call but she would more than likely be unavailable. I replied back to email and waited for a response or callback. After a week past, I called her and she answered. I was at that point put into the interview process which took about 15 minutes. She asked me about my experience and gave me two scenarios before advancing me to the second interview. Second interview will be via Skype/Facetime with another person lasting about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about both my technical and customer service experience. I was also asked about what steps I'd take if someone was having an issue connecting to the internet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

I applied online but heard nothing, a week later a friend forwarded my resume to his supervisor. I received a call from Apple about a week or so later. She told me they were hiring specifically a 40 hr/wk position, 4 8-hour days during the wk and 1 8-hour weekend day and that I must be available between 5am-11pm CST. Also that training would be 40 hrs for 4-6 weeks. She told me the starting rate (My starting wage was $2 lower than a friend who worked there previously, so it does vary). She asked me 3 questions and then advised me that I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I did hear back from them via email with the standard "we have chosen someone else".

Interview Questions
    • If a customer called in because they fell and dropped their phone and now it is not working,how would you respond.   View Answer
    • If a customer called in because their phone isn't holding a charge, what 3 things would you have them check.   View Answers (3)
    • Describe what an Operating System is.   View Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in February 2014.

Had one FaceTime interview for the College At-Home Advisor position. The questions were like: how do you handle situational issues in the work place, how do you handle stress, how do you treat a customer, how did you make an unhappy customer happy again, etc. It wasn't to bad, just take deep breathes and draw on your experience of customer care. They don't care that you don't know technical things. Of course, it doesn't hurt to know some basic things about their products.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing was calming your nerves since you are talking to Apple. Other than that, it really isn't that bad.   Answer Question

At-Home-Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Month long hiring process. I had two Skype interviews with existing managers with basic behaviorial questions. There was one roleplay during each interview as well

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you encountered an angry customer in the workplace, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Thus far I have had 2 phone interviews and 1 FaceTime interview with another FaceTime interview scheduled with the hiring manager. This process has taken 3 weeks thus far and what I have experienced is a desire to make sure the interviewee will take the most care with the customer rather than focusing on technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between RAM and a hard-drive? Is RAM volatile or stable?   View Answers (2)

At Home Advisor Interview

interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

I though the interview process was very laid back and wasn't very hard. They are looking for someone not so much with the technical background but with someone that is very VERY empathetic towards their customers and can make the customer feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • During your final interview with a manager, they ask several scenario questions. One in particular was: A customer calls and indicates while with his daughter at the mall someone has stolen his iPhone and he very much needs to get it back because he has irreplaceable photos of his daughter on it. What would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The process was surprisingly simple and stress free. I first completed a phone screening and the person told me they wanted to move me along to the next step. A few days later I scheduled a Facetime interview and a few days after that I had the interview. She didn't ask many technical questions. She wanted to know more about my background. Before it ended I was told that I was again moving on in the process and a few days later I again received an email to schedule a Facetime intervew. That interview was not incredibly technical. They asked if I use any Apple products. I had the original IPad and I currently had a Macbook Air. He asked me to look up the details on the type of computer I was using. This interview also wasn't very technical. I feel like they are looking more for people who have the ability to learn and not just those who already have the knowledge. There is a 4 week training so they give you plenty of training for your position.

Interview Questions
    • If someone called in and stated that their computer would not connect to the internet what troubleshooting steps would you go through. This isn't a difficult question but it is the most difficult they asked.   View Answers (2)
    I'm not one who likes to negotiate when I first get hired. I took the offer they made. When I first asked about the pay during the first phone call I was told the pay was going to be $14 but then they offered $15.75/hr. Before I applied for this job I had looked into potential within the company and I'm getting training that would be very costly if I had to pay for it. After a year I'll have the certificates and experience to move up within Apple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Hiring process too approximately 8 weeks from application until the first phone call. The first call was intended to sound informal, more to confirm information on my resume, but you could tell it was more structured than they want you to know. Basically a "preliminary" interview. Second call was a scheduled phone interview. Then a Skype interview with a hiring manager. Next a second Skype interview with a Team Manager. They skipped most of the technical questions due to my previous work experience (the interviewing TM worked for the same company previously). After that came an offer phone call explaining the hiring packet and conference call, an the official offer. Interview to hiring was an additional 4 weeks. So from application to start date was approximately 12 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a friend asking about upcoming Apple products?   View Answers (2)
    They upped their offer without me even asking.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

I just had the 20min interview last week. It was pleasant with a few technical questions. The interview with the hiring manager is scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to a caller what to do if they have just dropped their IPad.   View Answers (4)