Apple

Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.9

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

At-Home-Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple.

Month long hiring process. I had two Skype interviews with existing managers with basic behaviorial questions. There was one roleplay during each interview as well

Interview Questions
  • Name a time that you encountered an angry customer in the workplace, and how you handled it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Apple in January 2014.

Thus far I have had 2 phone interviews and 1 FaceTime interview with another FaceTime interview scheduled with the hiring manager. This process has taken 3 weeks thus far and what I have experienced is a desire to make sure the interviewee will take the most care with the customer rather than focusing on technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between RAM and a hard-drive? Is RAM volatile or stable?   View Answers (2)

At Home Advisor Interview

interviewed at Apple in November 2013.

I though the interview process was very laid back and wasn't very hard. They are looking for someone not so much with the technical background but with someone that is very VERY empathetic towards their customers and can make the customer feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • During your final interview with a manager, they ask several scenario questions. One in particular was: A customer calls and indicates while with his daughter at the mall someone has stolen his iPhone and he very much needs to get it back because he has irreplaceable photos of his daughter on it. What would you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The process was surprisingly simple and stress free. I first completed a phone screening and the person told me they wanted to move me along to the next step. A few days later I scheduled a Facetime interview and a few days after that I had the interview. She didn't ask many technical questions. She wanted to know more about my background. Before it ended I was told that I was again moving on in the process and a few days later I again received an email to schedule a Facetime intervew. That interview was not incredibly technical. They asked if I use any Apple products. I had the original IPad and I currently had a Macbook Air. He asked me to look up the details on the type of computer I was using. This interview also wasn't very technical. I feel like they are looking more for people who have the ability to learn and not just those who already have the knowledge. There is a 4 week training so they give you plenty of training for your position.

Interview Questions
    • If someone called in and stated that their computer would not connect to the internet what troubleshooting steps would you go through. This isn't a difficult question but it is the most difficult they asked.   View Answers (2)
    I'm not one who likes to negotiate when I first get hired. I took the offer they made. When I first asked about the pay during the first phone call I was told the pay was going to be $14 but then they offered $15.75/hr. Before I applied for this job I had looked into potential within the company and I'm getting training that would be very costly if I had to pay for it. After a year I'll have the certificates and experience to move up within Apple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

Hiring process too approximately 8 weeks from application until the first phone call. The first call was intended to sound informal, more to confirm information on my resume, but you could tell it was more structured than they want you to know. Basically a "preliminary" interview. Second call was a scheduled phone interview. Then a Skype interview with a hiring manager. Next a second Skype interview with a Team Manager. They skipped most of the technical questions due to my previous work experience (the interviewing TM worked for the same company previously). After that came an offer phone call explaining the hiring packet and conference call, an the official offer. Interview to hiring was an additional 4 weeks. So from application to start date was approximately 12 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to a friend asking about upcoming Apple products?   View Answers (2)
    They upped their offer without me even asking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple in October 2013.

I just had the 20min interview last week. It was pleasant with a few technical questions. The interview with the hiring manager is scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to a caller what to do if they have just dropped their IPad.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2013.

there were 3 interviews for this position: an initial general interview that tested your overall computer knowledge, then an interview with a manager testing you customer service abilities, and a final interview with a complex more complex questions that if answered correctly would earn you the job offer

Interview Questions
    • What is RAM was asked during my first interview   View Answer
    I was sent a packet of information that detailed the job and its requirements

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Definitely the most interesting interview process I have ever gone through. All of the interviews were done over the phone or on FaceTime. I have never virtually interviewed before and it was an amazing process. Very laid back and casual but demanding at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • What was a recent situation where you had to help an irate customer? How did you handle the situation? What would you have done differently?   View Answers (2)

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Applied for job and was contacted by recruiters over email. Had one interview over a app called Hirevue which was awkward because did not speak to someone directly. Then had two more interviews over Facetime which were more relaxed with one interview being 30 minutes and the next being a hour.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a situation in which you are having a bad day and dealing with terrible customers and your shift is barely starting. How do you deal with it.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Went through one phone interview, then 2 face time interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the pros and cons of working from home versus working at the company.   View Answer