Apple At Home Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in September 2013.

there were 3 interviews for this position: an initial general interview that tested your overall computer knowledge, then an interview with a manager testing you customer service abilities, and a final interview with a complex more complex questions that if answered correctly would earn you the job offer

Interview Questions
  • What is RAM was asked during my first interview   View Answer
I was sent a packet of information that detailed the job and its requirements

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Apple in August 2013.

Definitely the most interesting interview process I have ever gone through. All of the interviews were done over the phone or on FaceTime. I have never virtually interviewed before and it was an amazing process. Very laid back and casual but demanding at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • What was a recent situation where you had to help an irate customer? How did you handle the situation? What would you have done differently?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Apple.

Went through one phone interview, then 2 face time interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the pros and cons of working from home versus working at the company.   View Answer

At-Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Apple.

Applied for job and was contacted by recruiters over email. Had one interview over a app called Hirevue which was awkward because did not speak to someone directly. Then had two more interviews over Facetime which were more relaxed with one interview being 30 minutes and the next being a hour.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a situation in which you are having a bad day and dealing with terrible customers and your shift is barely starting. How do you deal with it.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online through a job search engine. I was contacted in one week. It was a phone interview. They asked basic tech related questions. I was then told that a follow up interview will take place. This next interview was via Facetime. The interviewer was friendly. Again some basic tech questions. A third interview was held after which I was notified that I will hear from the first interviewer if accepted. All interviews consisted of the same basic technical questions and some role playing regarding everyday technical issues and how to handle them.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to a 8 year old what a modem/router is and it's functions.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. They simply tell you a hourly rate. It is up to you to accept.

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Apple.

Found out they were hiring through our campus job site. Submitted my resume and within a day or two I received an email saying I made it through to the next phase. Next was a short multiple choice questionare and then a short answer/essay section. I was then contacted about an interview on campus. I video chatted with my interviewer who was one of the managers of the At home program. She was a manager for a school other than mine. It was a behavior based interview that had some simple technical questions thrown in their just to make sure you were familiar with electronics. About a week after the interview I was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult. If your mom called and said she could email, what steps would you tell her to take? If she couldn't print, what would you tell her to do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

The interviewing was pretty easy. I initially signed up for a Skype interview, but since Skype was seeming to malfunction (big surprise) Apple just decided to call me for the interview. I talked to a very encouraging and friendly lady for about 20 minutes. She explained everything about the position, asked a few questions, and accepted questions with a very polite attitude. I've never been so comfortable for an interview. She asked things like what is RAM, hard drive, and a processor. Also, she asked what was my experience with Apple prodcuts (which was only ipods and ipads fyi), and she also gave me situations and asked how I would help the customer troubleshoot their product. Overall, the questions weren't as difficult as I expected. To be honest, I am definitely no tech expert. My answers for the RAM hard drive processor question was: the RAM deals with memory and it determines how much a computer can process, the hard drive is the storage system for the computer, the processor is like the engine of the computer and it determines how smooth it runs. I swear to god, I felt like I was pulling the BS right out of my butt. But, she said I had excellent answers. Anyway, it was a pretty lax, and easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • I a customer's Iphone is having trouble with email (won't receive or send emails) how would you help the customer troubleshoot?   View Answers (3)
    Well, I would say as a college student don't try to do much negotiating. I was pleasantly surprised when they offered me 11.25 an hour.

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Apple in May 2013.

Filled out app online on 5/2, got a 5 min quick chat on 5/6. Had 2nd interview 5/8, then 3rd interview on 5/10.

Interview Questions
    • A customer is crying on the phone, she has spilled water on her laptop which is no longer functioning. Water damage is not covered under Apple warranty thus she is not eligible for refund or replacement. What do you tell her, and how?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Apple in May 2013.

One phone interview. 2 face interviews on skype. Very professional but asked tech questions every tech support agent should know. I found the interviews very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions
    • You need to understand what cpus do and what ram is and how to troubleshoot display and peripherals that attach to desktops as well as laptops.   View Answer
    They offered more money than they originally stated. I was very pleased.

At Home Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple.

I applied online and was contacted via Email by Apple's worldwide hiring manager about four days later. I filled in a pretty basic questionnaire and got a call from her a week later. She then asked a few basic questions about iPhones and iPads which I was able to answer easily. She then scheduled an interview with a recruiter a week later. The second interview was a bit more technical and I answered everything right. I honestly felt pretty confident about the job and they seemed to like me. Unfortunately, they picked someone else.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview with the recruiter she asked to define empathy.   View Answer