Apple Interview Questions in Austin, TX

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

AppleCare Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview featured two interviewers asking a variety of questions to see how you process problem solving as well as your general attitude for a customer service role. Technical knowledge wasn't questioned too much. I found that Apple really wants to foster an environment where people are themselves, and my interviews within the company were less about abstract or anecdotal questions and more to get a sense of how you are and work.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe "beyond economical repair" to a customer?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial screening interview with HR only - I submitted an application online and heard back from HR very quickly to set up initial (30 minute) screening interview. The telephone call was very brief, with the HR representative giving a five minute overview of position and then asking me to outline my experience, asking occasional questions for clarification. She then asked several behavioral-style questions to gain an understanding of my background and experience and how I might react under certain circumstances. The 30 minute interview went very quickly and I had only a minute to ask some questions. As a close, she advised me when Apple was looking to place the position, it's expected timing and how long the interview process was expected to take.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of situations of how you kept a team motivated during key projects involving long hours.   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

A short phone interview of 30 minutes. Firstly asked if i am willing to reallocate, then asks if i previously have experience of system verilog. And soon the interviewer begins to ask technical questions about c++, computer architecture. I think the accent of interviewer is a little bit hard for me to understand.

Interview Questions

• ask the concept of virtual function, pure function in c++. Ask previous verification experience. An question about how to write a c program to judge whether a machine is big-endian or little-endian   Answer Question

Applecare At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first applied to this job in October of 2014, was called shortly there after (two or so weeks) and it was decided that I would be placed on hold since I was unable to meet the housing requirements. I was scheduled to receive a call back near the summer after I was scheduled to move and would be able to meet the housing requirements. I received another call in January of 2015 and went through an initial question process. They asked simple things like "How fast is your internet?, Can you provide a decent chair and desk?". I passed the first screening and was passed onto the second round of screening, a Skype interview and an information session. I got all dressed up and waited for my Skype interview, the interviewer was almost 10 minutes late. It was a very casual interview, the interviewer was wearing a hoodie and a ball cap in what was clearly his living room. I could have probably gotten away with only wearing a collared shirt and not a suit but it is better to err on the side of safety. It was the most casual interview I have ever been in. The evening after the interview they required me to attend an online information webinar. It explained the benefits, requirements and was basically a job description in webinar form. There was a time for questions and answers. A week an a half later I got a offer, it was a terrible offer. It was less than what I am currently making and terrible vacation options. I did not take the offer. If I had to give one tip: Be honest with the interviewer, he doesn't want you tiptoeing around answers because you feel he may not like them. He commented on my frank honesty at the end of the interview and I think it helped me get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How technical are you?   1 Answer
    • When is one time school and work interfered with each other?   1 Answer
    • What are the specs of your custom built computer?   1 Answer
    • Should I put an SSD in my MacBook Pro?   1 Answer

I currently make $10 an hour and I am scheduled to make $14 an hour starting in May. I tried to negotiate with the HR rep but she could not budge an inch, I think the wage had been set by someone higher up than her. I also get very good vacation time at my currently job (as much as I want as long as I make up the hours) and Apple was only offering 6 days out of the year for vacation. They also wanted me to work Christmas and that is something I cannot do as I have a family.

At Home Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Very positive experience and also thought at same time for someone with ample experience with the job experience. The interview can feel award if you aren't able to relate to what they are looking for. My past jobs prepared me well I think and also as a knowing a little how they work from other experience. The process is fairly long it feels like forever but only lasted about 4 weeks. Can't wait to start and get immersed in the job to really know how it all works.

Interview Questions

• What was a instance where you were given praise by your boss/supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. It's Apple and I am happy to have the opportunity.

Quality Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial call after I applied online on their site a week prior went well. The HR recruiter just wanted to know my current situation, what i was looking for in a role, why Apple and why Quality Trainer. The usual initial screening in my experience. I was notified via email for an interview a couple days later. This was rescheduled twice due to a family emergency for one of the main interviewers which was okay with me as I am unemployed, would have been an issue definitely for someone who wasn't

The second interview was a 15 min training presentation focused on How - To do something. I chose something topical. I got great feedback from the interviewer afterward both positive and constructive. Good feedback session overall as I have been in training and development field for quite some time, it felt like she was my boss already. Really liked it. I also knew when getting that feedback I didn't do all i could and wasn't probably going to get this job. The second part was interview questions. Really asking me about my background, what I have done, and a couple situational training questions.

A few days later I got the decline. I blew it but overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected for me, so my advice is that in all Trainer interviews, you will have to create a 15 min presentation. Keep it simple, stay within time and less is more on the slides!   1 Answer

Global Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

First round interview was very easy, 25 minutes of all behavioral. Interviewer was wearing jeans and a button down and was very casual, informal, relaxed, friendly. Second round is at their Austin, TX headquarters and consisted of 3 30/45 minute interviews with various staff members, largely an expansion of resume discussion and why you would be a good fit at apple/what can you contribute. After interviews, last interviewer takes you to lunch in their cafeteria and small talk is made over meal, followed by a company tour of their huge campus. emphasis on work/life balance and innovation.

Product Design Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I'm a mechanical engineering senior graduating in May 2015. Met Apple at a career fair at my university and they told me to drop off my resume at a separate event they would be holding on campus that Friday, which was essentially open interviews for anyone. They catered food and the event was completely casual, with three product design managers interviewing candidates. I saw a sophomore get interrupted mid-sentence and turned because he simply wasn't qualified and there was a massive line. After opening up with my own questions, making some small talk asking me about design experience and my hobbies, and bringing up relevant anecdotes from research experience, he asked me three technical questions which were extremely straightforward, answered them using knowledge taught to us about two years before in standard coursework and reiterated over the years. After nailing everything he was looking for, he wrote all over my resume, initialed HP at the top of my resume (I was told high-performer by my peers), shook my hands, and told me straight up to expect a call back. It's been over a week and a half with no contact, but I'm still hopeful for a follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What is the deflection in a cantilever beam loaded at the end?   1 Answer
    • Do you do personal design work as a hobby?   Answer Question
    • After drawing a spring tightly wound with the ends extending away and forming a ~30 degree angle, was asked how I would measure the force exerted if the two ends were released (assuming preloaded)   1 Answer

Timing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed @ Cupertino for PD position(onsite - 8 rounds); rejected --> resume forwarded to Austin team for Timing Engr position; went through 7 onsite rounds; cleared the onsite; discussed the salary/compensation with HR and then Sr. Management declined the offer.. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL and IRRESPONSIBLE behavior by the HR.. The entire interview process took 3 months (Cupertino + Austin); went through 15 interview rounds; gave one of my best interview with the Austin team and Apple denied the offer after making me wait for 20 days after the confirmation of continuing with the offer process post-onsite.

Interview Questions

• More than the technical question, the difficult part I fail to understand is --> The Sr Management has not seen or interviewed me, and they interfere and decide if the offer needs to be given to the candidate, with whom the respective team has already interviewed and found a skillful and talented individual. I understand if there is a change in business requirement, but the HR mentioned that the reason for the job-denial was because, the Sr Management thought that a senior candidate was needed for that position.   Answer Question

AHA Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Apple (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

First, I received an email from a recruiter asking to setup an initial phone screen interview. We spoke briefly about my resume and previous work experience.Then, I was asked to setup a time with a hiring manager to meet with me via Skype. So, I skyped with a hiring manager, and about a week later, I was contacted via phone by the recruiter offering me the job, which I immediately accepted.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked me how I would go about troubleshooting a computer that would not turn on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a